IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

TSW Wheel fitment..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 08:41 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSW Wheel fitment..?

Hey guys.. I'm sorry this is ANOTHER ... "will this wheel fit?" thread but here goes...

I've been really wanting to get some Volk VR G2 or TE 37's, but with my costly divorce in process and monthly maintenance/alimony, it would be a year or two before I'd be able to plop down the $4000+ to order some...

Then I was at the local wheel place today and saw these bad boys and thought they'd look good on my F..... Much cheaper than the Volks, (around $1400) and I could use my current PSS's currently on my OEM wheels and put those on these to save some $$ and put my OEM Bridgestone REO50's back on my OEM wheels for a spare set....

I have the TSW Interlago's in 18's (square setup) for the track days and find myself DD'ing them because I love the look so much...

I had even been considering getting these wheels in 19's for my DD'ing, but thought that might be kinda stupid to get "the same wheel"...

I thought these look similar, but stand out more due to the stepped polish lips and the rears look pretty concave...
BUT.... I wasn't sure about the fitment....
I'm lowered on BCR's and was wondering if I'd have to roll or do any other fender work to make these fit...
Can some wheel fitment experts chime in please?
Thanks in advance!!!

TSW Jerez
19x9.5 +40 (front)
19x10.5 +27 (rear)
btw.....
Attached Thumbnails TSW Wheel fitment..?-alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-jerez-5-lug-rear-matte-black-std-700-1-.jpg   TSW Wheel fitment..?-alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-jerez-5-lug-rear-matte-black-lay-700-1-.jpg   TSW Wheel fitment..?-alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-jerez-5-lug-rear-matte-black-face-700-1-.jpg  
Old 06-24-13, 08:44 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Here's how my car looks with the Interlagos' btw
Attached Thumbnails TSW Wheel fitment..?-isf-with-cf-pieces-jpeg.jpg   TSW Wheel fitment..?-isf-wtih-cf-pieces-side-jpeg.jpg   TSW Wheel fitment..?-isf-wtih-cf-pieces-rear-jpeg.jpg  

Last edited by ERDoc74; 06-24-13 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 09:38 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With that offset , i think the front is perfect, the rear is so aggressive. You need to get the rear fender rolled and pulled, camber is more (-)
Old 06-24-13, 09:43 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Rear will not work, Doc. BTW, is she the soon to be ex?
Old 06-24-13, 10:36 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah the rear is pretty agressive, CalitriSC and Obby have 19x10.5 +35 in the rear and that is very much the limit of what fenders rolled/shaved can help. Any more aggressive than that, you will need to get camber arms to get some extra camber to fit. Which is exactly what I'm going to do.

The fronts will be tucked in a bit since 19x10 +25 fits perfectly flush.

So this setup might not be ideal for you since the fronts tucked in and the rear poked out. Ideally, I would want to match front and rear in term of tuck or poke
Old 06-24-13, 11:17 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That rear spec won't really be fun to fit, possible but not easy. I have 10.5 +35 rear with fenders rolled flat and a tiny pull. The +27 will need more fender work and camber arms for sure.
Old 06-25-13, 04:09 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

As everyone else has already said, I'm thinking those specs for the rears will not fit very well, especially lowered. For comparisons sake, here's a pic of my car with 19x9.5 +29 in the rear at stock ride height and 255 tires (stock tire size):

I have my rear fenders rolled, but not pulled. I have no rubbing now and the wheels fit almost perfectly flush in the back. I do not think lowering my rears would be a good idea, but I do plan to run a slightly wider tire in the rear once these tires wear out.

ERDoc... if I were you, I'd just wait for the Volks you really want, or keep your eyes out for a nice set of used Volks which won't cost you $4K. Lots of good deals can be had if you're patient and browse the Classified section on this site.
Old 06-25-13, 04:11 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The TSW Jerez are some sexy wheels. Seen them in person at our local tire shop but if im not mistake in 19x11 so basically for a 370z wheel fitment.

BTW do you have any more pics on the AeroFunction lip?
Old 06-26-13, 04:49 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

As others said, the fronts would be pretty flush, but those rears won't fit without fender mods. Especially since your lowered. They would rub like a ****.

I got some 19" Diamond Black TEs that fit pretty flush and with near new Conti tires, tpms for 2900 shipped. They would match your USB well as I also have a UBS with a CF lip and CF Toms diffuser. I know your said it would take a year or two but thought I'd try lol.
Old 06-28-13, 07:36 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shyguyF
With that offset , i think the front is perfect, the rear is so aggressive. You need to get the rear fender rolled and pulled, camber is more (-)
thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Rear will not work, Doc. BTW, is she the soon to be ex?
LOL...no she's the new... younger girlfriend

Originally Posted by mr2envi
Yeah the rear is pretty agressive, CalitriSC and Obby have 19x10.5 +35 in the rear and that is very much the limit of what fenders rolled/shaved can help. Any more aggressive than that, you will need to get camber arms to get some extra camber to fit. Which is exactly what I'm going to do.

The fronts will be tucked in a bit since 19x10 +25 fits perfectly flush.

So this setup might not be ideal for you since the fronts tucked in and the rear poked out. Ideally, I would want to match front and rear in term of tuck or poke
thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
That rear spec won't really be fun to fit, possible but not easy. I have 10.5 +35 rear with fenders rolled flat and a tiny pull. The +27 will need more fender work and camber arms for sure.
Originally Posted by vbb
As everyone else has already said, I'm thinking those specs for the rears will not fit very well, especially lowered. For comparisons sake, here's a pic of my car with 19x9.5 +29 in the rear at stock ride height and 255 tires (stock tire size):

I have my rear fenders rolled, but not pulled. I have no rubbing now and the wheels fit almost perfectly flush in the back. I do not think lowering my rears would be a good idea, but I do plan to run a slightly wider tire in the rear once these tires wear out.

ERDoc... if I were you, I'd just wait for the Volks you really want, or keep your eyes out for a nice set of used Volks which won't cost you $4K. Lots of good deals can be had if you're patient and browse the Classified section on this site.
good point... i'll keep an eye out!

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
The TSW Jerez are some sexy wheels. Seen them in person at our local tire shop but if im not mistake in 19x11 so basically for a 370z wheel fitment.

BTW do you have any more pics on the AeroFunction lip?
yes, I will try to get them up on the areofunction thread ASAP...

Originally Posted by Nate008
As others said, the fronts would be pretty flush, but those rears won't fit without fender mods. Especially since your lowered. They would rub like a ****.

I got some 19" Diamond Black TEs that fit pretty flush and with near new Conti tires, tpms for 2900 shipped. They would match your USB well as I also have a UBS with a CF lip and CF Toms diffuser. I know your said it would take a year or two but thought I'd try lol.
have pics?
Old 06-28-13, 07:39 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

what if I did 19x9 +30 front and 19x9.5 +40 Rear???
Old 06-28-13, 11:31 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
You can run small spacers in the rear to make the wheels sit better with the front. I think 5-7mm spacers will do
Old 06-28-13, 11:58 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

That'd fit just fine. You could probably get away with not even touching your fenders, but the rears may require just a very slight roll to fit perfectly depending on your ride height. That setup would still look good without giving you a headache on fitment.

Still though, if Volks are what you really want, I would wait for a good used set to pop up. You will find many options for under $3K out there if you have a little patience. Heck, those diamond black TEs that you're waiting for pics on might be the set you want. TE37s are one of my favorite Volk designs and the diamond black finish will look great on a USB car.
Old 06-28-13, 01:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

you can run 285/30 with that set up in t he rear with fenders rolled.
Old 06-28-13, 03:05 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why don't you check "Weswork's SGM F update" thread again, he running 19x10.5 +55 in the rear ,it looks perfect. If you want more aggressive just lower the offsets the wheel will stick out.

'

Quick Reply: TSW Wheel fitment..?