IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Going to New England drag way

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 05:14 PM
Sello
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Going to New England drag way

On Wednesday with about 10 other cars any isf on east coast wanna meet up, let me know
Old 06-24-13, 05:59 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If I wasnt on vacation I would be there in a second. Just went in May and I am dying to go back! Let us know how you do
Old 06-24-13, 07:17 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it was a weekend I'd try to go... lately been busy
Old 06-24-13, 07:21 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

unfortunately they only have open racing on wed/fri nights. Weekends would be awesome but if you can go on a friday night you will see a ton of good cars there. I have been going a few times a year for over ten years and you never know what you will see there.
Old 06-25-13, 12:06 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
unfortunately they only have open racing on wed/fri nights. Weekends would be awesome but if you can go on a friday night you will see a ton of good cars there. I have been going a few times a year for over ten years and you never know what you will see there.

That's not true, they have test and tune sessions on weekends as well. I always go to the weekend sessions because the track is usually treated, it's way less stressful to get there in the morning rather then 5p.m. on a weekday, you take your time and get way more runs in and you get to see some cool cars in different class races run all day.

Sitting in traffic to make 2-4 runs on a weeknight, sitting around while they clean fluid off the track from some beater breaking and driving home late lost it's cool for me many years ago

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/ind...limitstart=all
Old 06-26-13, 08:40 PM
Sello
Pole Position

Drive 2 hours and then find out they closed the track. Sux
Old 06-26-13, 09:44 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sello
Drive 2 hours and then find out they closed the track. Sux
They dont have a FB page or email list that they send track closures through? The track closest to me updates both when weather arrives or something else.
Old 06-26-13, 11:17 PM
Sello
Pole Position

Yeah we checked before we left it wasn't closed till we were almost there,
Old 06-26-13, 11:25 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang
Old 06-27-13, 05:17 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Originally Posted by RCB
That's not true, they have test and tune sessions on weekends as well. I always go to the weekend sessions because the track is usually treated, it's way less stressful to get there in the morning rather then 5p.m. on a weekday, you take your time and get way more runs in and you get to see some cool cars in different class races run all day.

Sitting in traffic to make 2-4 runs on a weeknight, sitting around while they clean fluid off the track from some beater breaking and driving home late lost it's cool for me many years ago

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/ind...limitstart=all
interesting, I have never seen weekends on their schedule but I probably missed it. ...Looks like they have one in july. How is the turnout? I always liked friday night because their are always a lot of awesome cars and I enjoy watching almost as much as racing

Last edited by chrisp1; 06-27-13 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-27-13, 05:33 AM
Sello
Pole Position

Chrisp u must just had a bad night, a friend of mine likes to go on Wednesday cuz he says he can get 20+ runs in
Old 06-27-13, 06:41 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Chrisp u must just had a bad night, a friend of mine likes to go on Wednesday cuz he says he can get 20+ runs in
I could have kept running over and over but I didnt as I felt I reached my stock potential when I went on friday night
Old 06-27-13, 08:18 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
interesting, I have never seen weekends on their schedule but I probably missed it. ...Looks like they have one in july. How is the turnout? I always liked friday night because their are always a lot of awesome cars and I enjoy watching almost as much as racing

Weekends are good if you like taking your time and spending the day. The turn out is usually pretty big for the class races going on but the test and tune turn out can vary. You see more 9-10 sec. muscle cars in the test and tune on weekends. I've had a lot of experiences like Sello just had over the 15 years I've been going on week nights. Trying to end my work day early and fighting traffic to get up there during the week is just to much stress for me. I have rarely ever had the nights where you can run laps during the week. Usually when I have it is because the weather is less then optimal and that is why the track is empty.
Sometimes you can gamble with the weather and win big but most of the time you loss.....gamble being the key word here.

NED is really bad about this. Your lucky you didn't pay and get inside the gate before they closed. Even if you don't make a single run the best they will do is give a rain check. One time I waited an hour to make one run due to weather and then sat there for 3+ hours while they cleared a wreck and then monitored weather. They shut it down in the end and would not even give me a rain check because I made one run 3+ hours earlier. I sat around for most of 5 hours but that one run was good enough for them to refuse even a rain check.

If you guys ever want to go on a weekend I would join you with the F or the Supra. I did headers and suspension for Laoreflxzn ( a member here) last year and we did a weekend test and tune and then headed over to the Dyno in the afternoon. It was a fun day but it would be nice to see more then my record of 2 ISFs in the same place! I'm sure he would be down for it as well.
Old 06-27-13, 08:35 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I may be headed to Boston in July/August, will let you northern ISF's know. We can have a meet on the weekend I am there. According to NEISF there are only 8 total ISF's in RI + MA combined.....talk about RARE!

Last edited by VtotheJ; 06-27-13 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-27-13, 09:24 AM
Sello
Pole Position

Rcb u wanna do my headers as well?

Quick Reply: Going to New England drag way