IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RS-R engine treatment

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-13, 03:17 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Mike Kojima is a stand up guy. I'm one of the biggest skeptics of anything magical with oil, but I have to say, it's hard to disbelieve something Mike would post. I'm on the fence on this, but not willing to test it for lack of any long term results. Slick 50 makes more power on the dyno right away. It does nothing good for your engine in the long term, and actually does damage over the long run by blocking oil passages. I'd really like to see more long term results.

I agree. I think Mike Kojima has one of the most impressive Motorsports resumes in the industry. With that being said, he posted the now infamous K&N intake dyno that most people on the IS-F forum have written off as a fluke..

food for thought..
Old 05-23-13, 03:55 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Just put it in last night and went for the recommended 30 min drive. It was raining and I didnt feel like listening to the engine in the rain. Im going to go out shortly and see if their is any audible difference in the sound smoothness of the motor. I dont mind being the guinea pig . here are a couple of links http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp..._oil_additive/ http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...up-review.html. heres another with an nsx http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=47997043
Attached Thumbnails RS-R engine treatment-isf-stuff.jpg  

Last edited by chrisp1; 05-23-13 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 07:44 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I went out for a drive tonight and I will start by saying that I have been a bit skeptical about ran up rsr but I am glad I decided to try it finally. Honestly I cant really feel any difference yet and any power gains would be marginal and probably wouldnt register on the butt dyno. Their IS a slight reduction in noise coming from the engine bay. I parked in between 2 cars with the windows down before and after the rsr and I really notice a difference. Not sure if this will help anybody but I'm glad I used this stuff and hopefully it makes a difference.
Old 05-24-13, 07:18 AM
CarbonISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like this stuff to be real, but if the article is to be believed, it will still show benefits even after you do a oil change. That part scares me because now it is doing more than diluting oil. There are too many metals in the car to say this stuff isn't acting like sand paper here or "ball bearings" there.

They really need to prove how this effects the metallurgy of all metals and coatings inside an engine...