IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F or MB C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 07:14 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SebringAG
This is kind of off-topic, I guess, but every time I come across an IS-F on the road (when I'm driving the AMG), it seems to want to get away from me as fast as possible. It's not like I'm doing anything to goad him into racing. I'm not even alongside of him. I just want to get a closer look at it, but for some reason, the driver inevitably wants to leave me in his dust.

Did I not shower or something? What's up with that?
Maybe it's just the more menacing growl that your 63 makes....lol
I'd want a headstart too if we were going in a straight line.
Old 01-20-09, 07:30 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, maybe he was just in a hurry to get somewhere. Who knows.

I don't like to drive fast in traffic, zigzagging in and out and all that. You just never know what other drivers are going to do, and I'd hate to create dangerous situations needlessly. On a highway, that might be another story though. But what are the chances of running into an IS-F on an empty stretch of highway?

I really wish I knew what an IS-F could do on an open road. I'd imagine they're very fast.
Old 01-20-09, 07:39 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Well, maybe he was just in a hurry to get somewhere. Who knows.

I don't like to drive fast in traffic, zigzagging in and out and all that. You just never know what other drivers are going to do, and I'd hate to create dangerous situations needlessly. On a highway, that might be another story though. But what are the chances of running into an IS-F on an empty stretch of highway?

I really wish I knew what an IS-F could do on an open road. I'd imagine they're very fast.
Odds aren't probably good seeing there seems to be so few of them up here. They are a lot of fun on the highway....I've heard of someone that has already got their's to 265.
Old 01-20-09, 07:47 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Odds aren't probably good seeing there seems to be so few of them up here. They are a lot of fun on the highway....I've heard of someone that has already got their's to 265.
Was that stock? Impressive.

I somewhat regret not getting the Performance Package on the C63 now and having the speed-limiter deleted. But then, I'm not sure I'd want a harder suspension than what's already on the car now.

I guess I'll learn to be happy going just 250km/h.

Old 01-20-09, 08:00 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Was that stock? Impressive.

I somewhat regret not getting the Performance Package on the C63 now and having the speed-limiter deleted. But then, I'm not sure I'd want a harder suspension than what's already on the car now.

I guess I'll learn to be happy going just 250km/h.

Yup, bone stock....if you don't count the black pearl badging....that adds another 25 hp you know.....lol...j/k.

Apparently there's still another 7ish km/h left in it. They're limited to 170 mph.
Old 01-20-09, 08:13 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

Yup, bone stock....if you don't count the black pearl badging....that adds another 25 hp you know.....lol...j/k.

Apparently there's still another 7ish km/h left in it. They're limited to 170 mph.
LOL

Hey, you know, there's a fella on the Audi boards who's prepared to drive from Edmonton in his RS4 to join us for a meet we're planning in the Okanagan this summer. I'm not sure whereabouts you're located in Alberta, but your IS-F would be a welcome addition as well.
Old 01-20-09, 08:30 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

LOL

Hey, you know, there's a fella on the Audi boards who's prepared to drive from Edmonton in his RS4 to join us for a meet we're planning in the Okanagan this summer. I'm not sure whereabouts you're located in Alberta, but your IS-F would be a welcome addition as well.
It's not really that far at all. The week after I got it my first road trip was to our corporate golf tourny in Kelowna. I'd be up for that for sure.
Old 01-20-09, 08:38 PM
SebringAG
Driver School Candidate

It's not really that far at all. The week after I got it my first road trip was to our corporate golf tourny in Kelowna. I'd be up for that for sure.
Erm...sorry for the threadjacking, folks.

CDNROCKIES> I'll send you a PM later on with more details. Hopefully, it'll fit with your schedule.

Okay, back to regular programming now.
Old 11-04-09, 05:39 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISF vs C63

One of my really good friends is thinking to upgrade his G35 to either an ISF or a C63 because he has essentially ruled out the E92 M3 through a series of "personal taste" tests...

Input would be greatly appreciated in this decision and thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-09, 06:07 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

If you ask me, heres how I'll tell you, the IsF if you care about re-sale value, if you want a better bargain, if you want a more reliable car, something more on the DL. Get the Mercedes if you want to show off more, have the bigger chunk of money up front and dont care about re-sale value. Get the Benz if you dont mind driving a loaner car often while your cars in the shop for warranty service. lol Everyones gonna tell you the same crap, the Lexus has a better interior, more refined, the Benz is way more faster, The Lexus is gonna be more fuel efficient, etc.... lol But if you ask me, I'll tell you this, seeing that your buddy is in a G35 that tells alot, I will say he has a higher chance of leaning more towards the F mainly cause he is going to be more of a Bang for the Buck type, that is unless he recently started big money and money is not an issue. just my opinions..
Old 11-04-09, 06:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I disqualified the C63 AMG when I saw real world owners reporting 12 mpg. Even leadfooting around town I get 17 mpg, and I typically see 20 - 21 mpg. 12 mpg is just irresponsible if the car is going to be a daily driver as mine is.
Old 11-04-09, 07:14 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS-FLY keen observations bro (though he did get the G35 right when it came out in high school) and I basically told him the exact same thing about comfort / reliability vs speed...and lobux yea I figured the MPG would be crap on the C63...thanks to both of you...

Any more opinions would be appreciated greatly!
Old 11-04-09, 07:22 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

has your friend ever considered a used m5?
Old 11-04-09, 07:36 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

i'm sorry but the $2600 gas guzzler tax was enough for me to not even consider it.

btw, the seats are awesome though!
Old 11-04-09, 08:00 PM
PHXF
Driver

I agree c63 seats are nice... Unless you are big or small. Too big and the enormous bolsters will be uncomfortable. Too small, and the bolsters will make your arms stick out in front of you (both happened to me and my wife while in the c63).
SICK torque though.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F or MB C63 AMG