IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

First bagged isf!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 06:15 PM
Oreo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sick bro.. Seen it on instagram. Don't understand all the hate. Dude bought an ISF because he wanted one, shouldn't matter what he does or doesn't do to it. Break necks all day homie!!
Old 04-28-13, 06:27 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup bro! I'm heavy into the stance scene, so I actually appreciate, like a few others do, the work that went into it.
I wondered this as soon as those rims on your F but are you running a custom dish on the rims???
Old 04-28-13, 06:57 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Way to reduce the performance of a "performance car"!
Old 04-28-13, 07:43 PM
ISFAE86
Driver School Candidate

Dude! I was thinking of bagging mine too. I have no intentions of tracking the ISF so why the hell not. It's my daily anyways.
Old 04-28-13, 07:52 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What wheels are next man? A lot of the hate comments are funny to me. About ruining a performance car ect. When in reality 90% of the people on here don't track their F, never will and barely drive it hard. Basically drive it back and forth to work. Yea you could do that with an IS 250 too and could have saved $30k. Lmao
Old 04-28-13, 07:54 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Next up.....a donk ISF.....someone do it......or at least photoshop what it would look like
Old 04-28-13, 07:59 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I guess with this style alot of hate always has to be anticipated. Some of the comments don't sound any different than the subaru crowd really. You can bag any car. Doesn't matter the intent really. But I know how it's gonna come with the "it's a race car not meant to be bagged" comments. Same with the Subaru crowd over on NASIOC lol. A "race car" nobody races lol

Too each his own though. Everyone likes what they like
Old 04-28-13, 11:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Hate? WTF? Hate is this.

What is this BS politically correct, free speech killing term "hate"? Because someone disagrees with you, it has to be hate? Grow some 'nads and quit being a thin skinned chick. Really - just because someone doesn't like something it's now "hate" like the idiotic term "hate" crime? Who really give a flying F if you're motivated by hate or just plain stupidity? I don't. Criminal is criminal. Prosecute, sentence, execute. That simple.

Some people think taking a car designed for mechanical performance and turning it into a bosozoku contender is a waste.

Here's the deal and it's been true since the very first days of hot rodding - there are mechanical performance vehicles and there are visual performance vehicles. Turning a mechanical performance vehicle into a visual performance vehicle offends everyone who bought an overweight four door sedan with visions of beating Michael Schumacher (or really Kimi Raikkonen) around the track. Really? Get off the leg you silly yard dog, this is NOT a race car no matter what you would like to believe.

OTOH, Lexus did a lot of homework to make this car a driver's car. To be fun at the track even after most other sedans would be begging for mercy (about 10 laps into a session). Really? You want to make it look like a caricature? Bosozuku? Because to someone focused on mechanical performance, this is what you're doing. And it's offensive. Why? Because some idiot in an M3 or a C63 AMG is going to see you, take a pic and post it on the web and say "What kind of idiot buys a 400+ hp car and does this to it?" Making all the efforts of the mechanical performance people seem completely and totally in vain.

Maybe a lot of you missed CARS2. I didn't. What did I see? Japanese imports focused on flashy light shows, not on mechanical performance. That's the public impression of import performance. Sorry to say it, but it's true, and visual performance cars do nothing to dispel this perception.

Why did a guy stop in the parking lot at Kroger in the bloody pouring rain today and honk at me and my 26 week pregnant wife? Not because I have a slammed car on bags. Because I have a bone stock looking Supra I drive in the rain (don't ever let your wife tell you a black car is the only color you can buy - I never drive my F in the rain if I can avoid it) and the guy couldn't believe it looked so (stock) good after 20 years. You have no idea how many times I have to say, "No, it's not for sale" when I drive my Supra.

So do what you will, and the comments will come, but really bagging a mechanical performance car diminishes the entire concept behind what the IS-F was intended to be. It only makes the rest of us work that much harder to dispel the belief the F is a joke and not a real contender from a mechanical performance perspective.
Old 04-29-13, 01:25 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Hate? WTF? Hate is this.

What is this BS politically correct, free speech killing term "hate"? Because someone disagrees with you, it has to be hate? Grow some 'nads and quit being a thin skinned chick. Really - just because someone doesn't like something it's now "hate" like the idiotic term "hate" crime? Who really give a flying F if you're motivated by hate or just plain stupidity? I don't. Criminal is criminal. Prosecute, sentence, execute. That simple.

Some people think taking a car designed for mechanical performance and turning it into a bosozoku contender is a waste.

Here's the deal and it's been true since the very first days of hot rodding - there are mechanical performance vehicles and there are visual performance vehicles. Turning a mechanical performance vehicle into a visual performance vehicle offends everyone who bought an overweight four door sedan with visions of beating Michael Schumacher (or really Kimi Raikkonen) around the track. Really? Get off the leg you silly yard dog, this is NOT a race car no matter what you would like to believe.

OTOH, Lexus did a lot of homework to make this car a driver's car. To be fun at the track even after most other sedans would be begging for mercy (about 10 laps into a session). Really? You want to make it look like a caricature? Bosozuku? Because to someone focused on mechanical performance, this is what you're doing. And it's offensive. Why? Because some idiot in an M3 or a C63 AMG is going to see you, take a pic and post it on the web and say "What kind of idiot buys a 400+ hp car and does this to it?" Making all the efforts of the mechanical performance people seem completely and totally in vain.

Maybe a lot of you missed CARS2. I didn't. What did I see? Japanese imports focused on flashy light shows, not on mechanical performance. That's the public impression of import performance. Sorry to say it, but it's true, and visual performance cars do nothing to dispel this perception.

Why did a guy stop in the parking lot at Kroger in the bloody pouring rain today and honk at me and my 26 week pregnant wife? Not because I have a slammed car on bags. Because I have a bone stock looking Supra I drive in the rain (don't ever let your wife tell you a black car is the only color you can buy - I never drive my F in the rain if I can avoid it) and the guy couldn't believe it looked so (stock) good after 20 years. You have no idea how many times I have to say, "No, it's not for sale" when I drive my Supra.

So do what you will, and the comments will come, but really bagging a mechanical performance car diminishes the entire concept behind what the IS-F was intended to be. It only makes the rest of us work that much harder to dispel the belief the F is a joke and not a real contender from a mechanical performance perspective.
Well said!!!
Old 04-29-13, 02:14 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

just needs to go a little lower...... its too high
Old 04-29-13, 04:20 AM
psixtc
Pole Position

I dig it. Do you have any overall shots of the car? Front, rear, and side?
Old 04-29-13, 08:17 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I love it! I appreciate when those can take an object no matter what it is and make it heir own! Looks great man ... its cool if people have opinions that just life
Old 04-29-13, 08:26 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

lobuxracer pretty much nailed what we are all thinking.
Old 04-29-13, 10:10 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another page long rant by lobuxracer. Oh goodie. Don't you track your overweight 4 door sedan at the track all the time? And i thought you bought it for a grocery getter.
Old 04-29-13, 10:46 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
What wheels are next man? A lot of the hate comments are funny to me. About ruining a performance car ect. When in reality 90% of the people on here don't track their F, never will and barely drive it hard. Basically drive it back and forth to work. Yea you could do that with an IS 250 too and could have saved $30k. Lmao
Exactly!!!

Quick Reply: First bagged isf!