IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2013 ISF Vs 2012 E92 Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 11:23 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

yes seems to happen around 80-90mph for me as well. doesn't give me much confidence on high speed runs.
Old 04-26-13, 11:30 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos

do all ISF owners have the same issue?
Mine does it if I go over 75 mph
Old 04-26-13, 12:21 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I never noticed it except for the one time I hit the governor. Not at 70-90.

Nice rolls by the way. Get those pipes put on and start picking on bigger kids.
Old 04-26-13, 12:54 PM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have two lil round adjustment tension screws on each side , they look like little springs ,give each side a few turns
Should help with those hood issues
Old 04-26-13, 12:55 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Not that I've ever driven over 65mph, but hypothetically speaking, that one time I went over 135mph on a completely closed course I did not experience any hood fluttering. Assuming I've actually taken the car over 65mph, which I have not.
Old 04-26-13, 01:01 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Never experienced this hood issue at "65" mph.
Old 04-26-13, 04:04 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Never noticed it, but then again, it would have to be pretty severe to distract me from the task at hand when I'm at speed at the track.

There isn't any air "trapped" in the engine bay. The speed of the air over the top of the hood reduces the surface pressure. The air on the underside is not moving as fast, so it has more pressure causing the hood to lift. It's a very common issue (videos of Supras from the '90s showed about 15mm of lift right at the major curve on drag runs) like this one:
Old 04-26-13, 04:13 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never notice this hood issue. I drive 80 everyday and never notice.
Old 04-26-13, 06:57 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense intended, but we all drive differently. Your run is just one instance of one outcome based on numerous factors. This is stock for stock.
Old 04-27-13, 07:05 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninja10r
You have two lil round adjustment tension screws on each side , they look like little springs ,give each side a few turns
Should help with those hood issues
Thanks, I'll check it out and see if it makes a difference.

Originally Posted by ISF001
M3 vs. ISF - YouTube

No offense intended, but we all drive differently. Your run is just one instance of one outcome based on numerous factors. This is stock for stock.
Why would I be offended? I agree with your statement at the end of the day every M3 and ISF is difference which is why I'm using the same M3 as a comparison while owning the ISF.

Coming back to the video though I believe mine is a fairer comparison if you look at the facts.

Firstly the M3 in your video had a passenger and the ISF seems to have only the driver (so weight is not apple to apple comparison than just reach 100mph)

Secondly and more importantly the M3 in your video has a manual transmission, the driver seems to be shifting well for a manual but the M3 I am going against has a M-DCT Transmission which let me tell you is pretty much faster than the ISF transmission if not the same.

Thirdly what speeds did these guys even reach? because its no where near the 140mph~150mph we reached. (Which gives even more room for a fair comparison)

So the M3 you posted has those two disadvantages and yet still manages to pull against the ISF even with the ISF jumping.

Also the M3 I'm racing is not stock and has a cat-back exhaust which gives it more power.

Now when I compare my video I'm actually quiet happy with the outcome, if you compare both videos my ISF is doing a much better job against the M3 than the one you posted.

So I don't really understand what your point is.

Last edited by Defratos; 04-27-13 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-27-13, 07:33 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Don't mean to get into it with you guys, but you shouldn't have had a problem beating him. The fact that you didn't spin from 30km (18mph) indicates that you weren't maximizing your F's potential. Stock for stock my car has never been within reach of m3s, but as ISF001 said, we all drive differently. ..
Old 04-27-13, 07:54 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the spare and jack out. That's like 1 mph at 140 mph. It's still fair because M3 don't come with spares and jacks. Also, I hope you are shifting at redline and NOT right after the beep because that's another 1 mph. Those two things ALONE can make you win or lose a close race like that.
Old 04-27-13, 08:40 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Don't mean to get into it with you guys, but you shouldn't have had a problem beating him. The fact that you didn't spin from 30km (18mph) indicates that you weren't maximizing your F's potential. Stock for stock my car has never been within reach of m3s, but as ISF001 said, we all drive differently. ..
I don't understand where you're coming from. What do you mean "my car has never been within reach of M3's?" Do you mean you're always smoking them? or always loose?

You're either being unrealistic or you've driven against some lame *** M3 owners if you're beating them stock for stock each time with no issues.

Give the M3 some credit.

Do you really believe a stock ISF with 5000km on the clock will easily beat an M3 that's been fully opened up engine wise and has a cat-back each time?

Also I had full traction control off and hammered the car from a stand still with zero spinning. we have 34c weather 24/7 and no moisture on the road. Traction is not an issue for me.

I agree everyone drives differently and each car is different, but I won't stand here and be told that a stock ISF will always beat a stock M3 each and every single time with no issues whatsoever.

P.S. If you're in the 500whp mark then I hope you're not comparing your car to a stock ISF

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Take the spare and jack out. That's like 1 mph at 140 mph. It's still fair because M3 don't come with spares and jacks. Also, I hope you are shifting at redline and NOT right after the beep because that's another 1 mph. Those two things ALONE can make you win or lose a close race like that.

Everything has been removed from the boot of my car.

I've raced this same M3 in the past, and before I would always shift at the beep, which I quickly realised wasn't the best way.

Now and in the videos I'm shifting at redline and not after the beep.

Last edited by Defratos; 04-27-13 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-27-13, 08:59 AM
Defratos
Racer

I think I have to add something here.

Judge the race up to 28sec, after that I let off the gas btw.

Maybe i should edit the vid for clarification
Old 04-27-13, 01:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Defratos
I don't understand where you're coming from. What do you mean "my car has never been within reach of M3's?" Do you mean you're always smoking them? or always loose?

You're either being unrealistic or you've driven against some lame *** M3 owners if you're beating them stock for stock each time with no issues.

Give the M3 some credit.

Do you really believe a stock ISF with 5000km on the clock will easily beat an M3 that's been fully opened up engine wise and has a cat-back each time?

Also I had full traction control off and hammered the car from a stand still with zero spinning. we have 34c weather 24/7 and no moisture on the road. Traction is not an issue for me.

I agree everyone drives differently and each car is different, but I won't stand here and be told that a stock ISF will always beat a stock M3 each and every single time with no issues whatsoever.

P.S. If you're in the 500whp mark then I hope you're not comparing your car to a stock ISF

Everything has been removed from the boot of my car.

I've raced this same M3 in the past, and before I would always shift at the beep, which I quickly realised wasn't the best way.

Now and in the videos I'm shifting at redline and not after the beep.
On my phone so I may be a little direct.

Stock to stock I have never come close to losing to an m3. I honestly don't know any local isf that has ever had any problems with m3s either. I honestly give the m3 the credit that it deserves based on my experience racing them. I'm also a bit confused how you don't spin from a 30km. My car has been going sideways from 20mph the day it left the showroom floor. We have 115F summers where I live and the heat does nothing from a standstill.

Your race with the m3 was a good run, but based on my experiences, you should pull without a problem. Apologies if I came off negative.

Quick Reply: 2013 ISF Vs 2012 E92 Video