Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking clean Daedalus! nice ride!
Old 09-27-14, 10:48 AM
White97SC4
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up RE: Bought It. Now Time to Detail It

The true definition of a clean ride! Nice work!

-White97sc4
Old 09-28-14, 03:34 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow! Awesome work dude.

Inspirational in fact. Great to see an F getting the love and care it deserves.

Mine was also lady owned!

Neglect wasn't the word!

Still, it's nice to feel you saved it from their neglect.

Looks incredible. Great job!
Old 09-28-14, 08:56 AM
DatLEX
Driver School Candidate

Very nice work!!!!
Question: what process did you use to get the scratches out from under the door handles?? This drives me nuts on my car..
Old 09-28-14, 09:37 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Guys, he sold the car around 6-7 months ago and moved onto a GT-R. I believe another CL member ended up picking it up though.
Old 09-28-14, 03:45 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DatLEX
Very nice work!!!!
Question: what process did you use to get the scratches out from under the door handles?? This drives me nuts on my car..
I still lurk around...

Access obviously is too small for even a tiny 2-4" random orbital so I just took a Microfiber towel, put a dab of Menzerna FG400 (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-fast-gloss-fg400.html) which is what I used to compound the rest of the car, and rubbed a bit. They came out remarkably fast and easily. Did the same technique with the nano polish afterwards for good measure and then sealed along with the rest of the car.

Pointer finger power!
Old 09-28-14, 03:55 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cleann
Old 09-28-14, 05:37 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Absolutely AMAZING work! I love seeing pics like this :-)
Old 09-28-14, 07:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Dig the color and dig the work. I do all of my work by hand but literally ordered a da polisher this weekend. How was the switch over . I'm almost afraid to use it since I've always worked by hand but I think it will take it to the next level........ Even though my work is already pretty damn good ( tooting my own horn ... Beep beep lol). I will probably end using t all the time
Attached Thumbnails Bought It.  Now Time to Detail It.-image-1531425859.png   Bought It.  Now Time to Detail It.-image-147662332.png  
Old 09-28-14, 11:20 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion go at it with the DA.

Hand polish/waxing looks good in the shade because the sun isn't showing the haze and swirls.

DA polishing/waxing looks good in the sun because you actually removed the haze and swirls.
Old 09-29-14, 12:23 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Dig the color and dig the work. I do all of my work by hand but literally ordered a da polisher this weekend. How was the switch over . I'm almost afraid to use it since I've always worked by hand but I think it will take it to the next level........ Even though my work is already pretty damn good ( tooting my own horn ... Beep beep lol). I will probably end using t all the time

your hand will do nothing to swirls and imperfections. only time i would use polish by hand is after a fresh paint job and use a body shop safe hand glaze and only buff back and forth and never in a circle.

you cant mess up on a DA polisher. ive detailed professionally for years. a person would have to try very hard to mess it up and even then its nearly impossible. Rotary makes work so much faster, better results and shine as well. i just buffed my F with a PC DA couple of weeks ago, took long but came out great.

if you buy good, semi expensive polish and good pads, you will get superior results. night and day difference in look and shine.

btw, Good job OP, your after pics look pretty good.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 09-29-14 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-29-14, 08:22 AM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has the same scratches under all 4 door handles, I guess a woman with her kids. Also now saying that there is a white streak under the door handles too, prolly nail polish. FML. I have been wondering how to get the dirt lodged in the preforations in the seats out. Im gunna try the same stuff you used. This thread is bad ***, thank you daedalus for making it and documenting it so well.
Old 09-29-14, 08:53 AM
DatLEX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daedalus
I still lurk around...

Access obviously is too small for even a tiny 2-4" random orbital so I just took a Microfiber towel, put a dab of Menzerna FG400 (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-fast-gloss-fg400.html) which is what I used to compound the rest of the car, and rubbed a bit. They came out remarkably fast and easily. Did the same technique with the nano polish afterwards for good measure and then sealed along with the rest of the car.

Pointer finger power!
Awesome! This thread was such a huge inspiration for me to get my car back to looking perfect. I'm gonna have to check out the products you mentioned, I've been using wizards for a good amount of time and like it but if there's something better them I'm gonna use it.

I have a Makita buffing wheel instead of a DA, its awesome and cuts a good amount of time off the job but is really hard to use to get into smaller panels. I might have to get a DA if it makes the smaller stuff easier.
Old 09-29-14, 10:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am looking forward to using the DA polisher. My neighbors already think I am crazy and have OCD because I wipe my cars down daily and polish and wax very frequently. I enjoy it. It relaxes me.
Old 09-29-14, 01:21 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

5000SF, double coated with Cquartz Finest. Quick snap for my Matador Red followers. Proper detailing really shows off the pearl in the MRM. )))

Quick Reply: Bought It. Now Time to Detail It.