IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

100,000 Mile Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 03:05 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
yeah I read that list and was like WHOA! when i saw the tranny shot at 87K.

So maybe you may want to replace the tranny fluid also...so this doesnt happen to you.

other than that everything else was standard maintenance.. (the sunroof motor is a small one) but hey cant beat that
There's no proof that I have that the tranny fluid was to blame...

This is my report i got from blackstone when i sent the fluid in at 87,000 miles

This is lobuxracer's report...
Old 03-28-13, 05:21 PM
af11791
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be careful with the bikes man. I just got into an accident sunday night making a turn. Wasnt going that fast, hit a ****load of sand and rock, lost control of the back end and went down hard on my shoulder. Now i have a broken collar bone. Was looking forward to riding this season but thats not happening anymore . Be aware and safe. BTW nice 675.
Old 03-28-13, 05:57 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
GO GO GO GO GO!

How long do you think it will take you to reach 100k? I drive probably about 1500-2000 miles a month.
I'll probably hit it by August I'm guessing... Still need to go get my fluids replaced, maybe my plugs too while I'm at it.
Old 03-28-13, 06:17 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys in the 90s and 100's notice any performance difference at all??
Old 03-28-13, 10:34 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by af11791
Just be careful with the bikes man. I just got into an accident sunday night making a turn. Wasnt going that fast, hit a ****load of sand and rock, lost control of the back end and went down hard on my shoulder. Now i have a broken collar bone. Was looking forward to riding this season but thats not happening anymore . Be aware and safe. BTW nice 675.
Sorry to hear...at least you're alive. Get better soon. I don't plan on riding at night at all. Bike is purely going to be a thing for fun so day time riding only. I just wanted a bike...to be honest, I'm not interested in hitting the canyons or anything. I'll probably sign up for super bike school and learn to ride fast on a race track, but that's about where it's going to end as far as riding fast. No splitting lanes for me...it's unnecessary. Anytime I'll be on a bike is most likely a time where I'm not in a rush.

Originally Posted by RCM83
You guys in the 90s and 100's notice any performance difference at all??
yep...the car doesn't feel as fast. Maybe that's because I've owned it for the last 100k miles...LOL. I don't know about some of the other high mileage owners, but I'm an original owner so I've had this car since it had 19 miles on the clock.
Old 03-29-13, 09:28 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear...at least you're alive. Get better soon. I don't plan on riding at night at all. Bike is purely going to be a thing for fun so day time riding only. I just wanted a bike...to be honest, I'm not interested in hitting the canyons or anything. I'll probably sign up for super bike school and learn to ride fast on a race track, but that's about where it's going to end as far as riding fast. No splitting lanes for me...it's unnecessary. Anytime I'll be on a bike is most likely a time where I'm not in a rush.

yep...the car doesn't feel as fast. Maybe that's because I've owned it for the last 100k miles...LOL. I don't know about some of the other high mileage owners, but I'm an original owner so I've had this car since it had 19 miles on the clock.

Is yours the only report of a tranny failure?
Because tht is not a known Toyota thing....Stuff like that doesnt normally happen to toyota

But a scary thought
Old 03-29-13, 09:36 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Is yours the only report of a tranny failure?
Because tht is not a known Toyota thing....Stuff like that doesnt normally happen to toyota

But a scary thought
I seem to be the only one on the forums that this has happened to. Actually, someone else had their transmission replaced too...but it was at like 6000 miles and I think he's on the other side of the pond in Australia. The dealer where I got my transmission replaced said it was the first one they've ever done and that I, at the time, had the highest mileage IS F they've ever seen.

I asked the guy at Lexus corporate when I was trying to deal with them on a solution to the transmission problem said "off the record, we've never had to replace a transmission here in the US"
Old 04-03-13, 04:04 PM
redsvt02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just outside of 90k miles and it doesn't seem to have lost any power at all. Runs mint and like a bat out of hell when you stomp it.
Old 04-03-13, 05:02 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seem to be the only one on the forums that this has happened to. Actually, someone else had their transmission replaced too...but it was at like 6000 miles and I think he's on the other side of the pond in Australia.
Yep, that was me, again the Lexus dealership said I was the first ISF in Australia to ever need a transmission replaced. It was also very weird because the car had very few kms on it.

My suspicion is that I was revving it hard in FIRST GEAR when doing autocross which caused the torque converter to have problems. The full lock up clutch in our transmissions don't engage until second gear.

Since then, I've done numerous track days, skid pans, autocross, etc. but always mindful of being in 2nd gear or higher. So far so good
Old 04-06-13, 11:11 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Violet got her diff fluid changed today at 100,490 miles

LOTS of gunk on the magnetic drain bolt

Pasty!

Nasty!

This was my first time replacing diff fluid. The oil that came out was not as thick as what I put in. i think Toyota recommends Toyota 80W-90, and I put in Mobil 1 75W-90. I called all around and couldn't get the recommended fluid by Toyota. Blitz_714 uses 75W-90 in his LSD so I figured it should be ok.
Old 04-06-13, 11:48 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

all three of my local toyota and one lexus dealerships where i live dont even put in 80w90. they said they use off the shelf mobil 1 75w90.

had a question about your rear main seal. isn't that kind of low mileage for something like that going out? it was a pain to do on my old 4g63t motor, is the process easier on the F? more info please.
Old 04-07-13, 12:16 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

wow that pretty dirty oil , that 3 times more than recommend setting at 30k for differential fluid , my was very clear when i up graded LSD. it was 31k miles
Old 04-07-13, 09:02 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
all three of my local toyota and one lexus dealerships where i live dont even put in 80w90. they said they use off the shelf mobil 1 75w90.

had a question about your rear main seal. isn't that kind of low mileage for something like that going out? it was a pain to do on my old 4g63t motor, is the process easier on the F? more info please.
I didn't replace my real main seal because I had to. I replaced it because it's a $40 dollar part, but requires the engine to be dropped out of the car and transmission separated. Since I was getting my transmission replaced, I might as well replace the seal....right?
Old 04-07-13, 09:04 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

OH BTW....I forgot to take a pic of it, but It looks like one of the rear diff mount bushings on my car is bad.

It's going to take a ton of work to disassemble the whole rear end to replace it. Maybe I'll just have the car for a few more months and go get my Porsche...lol
Old 04-07-13, 10:24 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I didn't replace my real main seal because I had to. I replaced it because it's a $40 dollar part, but requires the engine to be dropped out of the car and transmission separated. Since I was getting my transmission replaced, I might as well replace the seal....right?
now this makes sense. the way you listed it, i thought it actually was a leaking problem at that mileage. wheww, lol.

Quick Reply: 100,000 Mile Club