IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

new member (335-->isf)

Old 03-25-13, 09:27 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats on the F! Sorry to hear what happened with the 335, but you'll enjoy the F. There isn't too much of aftermarket support for the F, but the ones available are all great respectively. I, too, was looking at the p40sc's, but still can't decide on wheels. You have some great mods in mind ready to go. Have a blast!
Old 03-25-13, 09:44 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I've had THE JOEZ exhaust alone as well with it paired up to the SIKKY headers. I've also run the car with SIKKY headers and stock exhaust/JOEZ exhaust and Borla exhaust so I think I've tried enough variations for my final conclusion.

SIKKY headers or PPE it really doesn't matter. You can't go wrong with either especially if JE does the install. They are top notch!

So anyway, here is my summary. Go with JOEZ exhaust if you don't plan on doing headers. It sounds great! If you want a mean sounding car and can tolerate loud as well as some vibrations and drone without any rasp then you'd be fine with the SIKKY/JOEZ combo. Go with the SIKKY/Borla setup if you want the same performance and also some reduced weight and you'll have a more tolerable car without making any sacrifices. I've been very happy with my setup. Just wish I didn't have to swap back to the stock catback exhaust yearly for my state inspections.
awesome!

borla/sikky it is! i am in PA, they do not do the smog test so i believe i am good to goo, my shop will just look past being it catless, or do the borlas have secondaries ?
Old 03-25-13, 09:45 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Congrats on the F! Sorry to hear what happened with the 335, but you'll enjoy the F. There isn't too much of aftermarket support for the F, but the ones available are all great respectively. I, too, was looking at the p40sc's, but still can't decide on wheels. You have some great mods in mind ready to go. Have a blast!
thanks man! the p40sc's are awesome, i would get BBS FI if money was no object, but lets be real here LOL
Old 03-25-13, 09:49 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMW
awesome!

borla/sikky it is! i am in PA, they do not do the smog test so i believe i am good to goo, my shop will just look past being it catless, or do the borlas have secondaries ?
None of the aftermarket exhausts that I've seen have secondary cats, but most do have resonators of some sort. Here is a link to a few photos of the Borla installed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-14.html
Old 03-25-13, 10:00 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats and welcome!
Old 03-25-13, 10:03 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by caymandive
None of the aftermarket exhausts that I've seen have secondary cats, but most do have resonators of some sort. Here is a link to a few photos of the Borla installed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-14.html
hey caymandive,

I am a bit worreid after reading some bashing threads on the sikky,
what headers are 304 stainless?
i DD the isf in winter snow rain summer everything, so this is high importance,
is the sikky ok for DD with it being mild steel? (im in central pa FWIW)

Thanks man,
Old 03-25-13, 10:11 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. It looks like you're headed to the right direction modding your F. Out of curiosity, did your 335 was totaled? From look of the picture, it was the front end of your car received most of the d damage particularly the passenger side fender. what happened to your 335?
Old 03-25-13, 10:15 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by GriMan
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. It looks like you're headed to the right direction modding your F. Out of curiosity, did your 335 was totaled? From look of the picture, it was the front end of your car received most of the d damage particularly the passenger side fender. what happened to your 335?
the frame rails are torqued, it was a complete loss,
Old 03-25-13, 10:19 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

the frame rails are torqued, it was a complete loss,
Everything happens for a reason and that reason lead you to buy ISF. lol. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 03-25-13, 10:25 AM
TOMW
Rookie

Originally Posted by GriMan
Everything happens for a reason and that reason lead you to buy ISF. lol. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Thanks man, its a blast to drive, loving it so far!
Old 03-25-13, 10:30 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Welcome to the group! I used to have an E90 N54 335i as well (mine was Alpine white), and another member on here PhiDeltBee also used to have a 335i. There are a few of us converts. I now have an Obsidian '09 ISF. It sounds like you're going to do more mods than I plan on doing, but let me tell you, the ISF bone stock is faster and more fun than my "tuned" 335i that ran a 12.8 at the track was. I have not regretted the change at all, and I know you won't either!
Old 03-25-13, 10:36 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Congrats on the purchase! If you go with PPE you can also get a quote from Undercover Performance or Streamline Customs in South Jersey. UP did my exhaust and dyno. Some others were getting quotes for SC to do the install as well.
Old 03-25-13, 10:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

hey caymandive,

I am a bit worreid after reading some bashing threads on the sikky,
what headers are 304 stainless?
i DD the isf in winter snow rain summer everything, so this is high importance,
is the sikky ok for DD with it being mild steel? (im in central pa FWIW)

Thanks man,
Both the SIKKY and PPE headers are mild steel and with the ceramic coating you're fine.
Old 03-25-13, 11:32 AM
PrezJay
Driver

Welcome! I came from a 335 coupe and I haven't had a single second of regret.
Old 03-25-13, 12:06 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I didn't see anyone mention it.. but if you go Borla, make sure you do cat back and not axle back....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new member (335-->isf)