IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS F Wearever Brake pad issue / Just a Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 04:58 AM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GriMan
It seems like i have the same issue with Wearevers pads. I was painting my caliper over the weekend and i took liberty of pulling my front pads out and took a pic. IMO these pads are still great. I mean, we all bought these pads for one reason only and its because it accumulates less dust on our wheels which it really does. I don't drive aggressively so this suites me very well.
which one wasent making the contact. was it a inside or outside pad/
Old 04-02-13, 08:37 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by localnark
which one wasent making the contact. was it a inside or outside pad/
It was the inside pads.
Old 04-02-13, 09:12 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Just my .02 cents..

Sadly...
The very functional OEM High Friction Jurid Pads, help turn our OEM Brembo Rotors into channel grooved cheese graters..

Approx. 45k miles ago... I swapped out my first set of oem pads for the Project Mu.. I also decided at the time to replace my OEM rotors with new front ones...
Even though I didn’t need them, I wanted to restart with fresh even rotors.

I can safely say the Project Mu pads out lasted the OEM pads by 2x the miles... They also DID not heavily damage / wear my new front rotors... They have minimal wear patterns and very very light channel grooves. (same driving style)

Also, I found the Project Mu backing plates and brake pad pucks had a 99.99% OEM fitment.
They fit properly in the Caliper and the pad puck properly covered the rotors surface up until the rotors leading edges evenly.
Besides, the wear sensor hole (now they offer a full pad), these pads perform very well for normal street driving.
They do not bite as quick as the OEM pads…

For fit & function it's hard to beat the OEM pads. Just wished they dusted less and damaged less…!!!

~ Joe Z
Old 04-02-13, 04:06 PM
Ryanmac
Rookie

I have had these for about two months and love the "no dust" aspect. I took this pic a couple of weeks ago after I noticed a small part of the pad not making contact with the rotor. (Much smaller than the OP's). I'm pulling them next weekend to see how the pads look.

BTW, if anyone has any used front OEM pads with a bit of depth to them, I'll take them. I need some track pads.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS F Wearever Brake pad issue / Just a Opinion-image.jpg  
Old 04-02-13, 06:58 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I have been using these pads since June last year. It's a great pad for the price if you dont like cleaning your wheels everyday. I did bedded the pads properly with the used OEM rotors. After 14k miles I haven't have any issues with it so far. I dont recommend these pads on canyon runs. It losses grip easy when it gets to hot. I have the project mu if I want to hit the track.
Old 04-02-13, 07:08 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Just my .02 cents..

Sadly...
The very functional OEM High Friction Jurid Pads, help turn our OEM Brembo Rotors into channel grooved cheese graters..

Approx. 45k miles ago... I swapped out my first set of oem pads for the Project Mu.. I also decided at the time to replace my OEM rotors with new front ones...
Even though I didn’t need them, I wanted to restart with fresh even rotors.

I can safely say the Project Mu pads out lasted the OEM pads by 2x the miles... They also DID not heavily damage / wear my new front rotors... They have minimal wear patterns and very very light channel grooves. (same driving style)

Also, I found the Project Mu backing plates and brake pad pucks had a 99.99% OEM fitment.
They fit properly in the Caliper and the pad puck properly covered the rotors surface up until the rotors leading edges evenly.
Besides, the wear sensor hole (now they offer a full pad), these pads perform very well for normal street driving.
They do not bite as quick as the OEM pads…

For fit & function it's hard to beat the OEM pads. Just wished they dusted less and damaged less…!!!

~ Joe Z
Just to add to Joe's informative post. The Project Mu pads (and the Project Mu rotors) and available from our new sponsor Speed-Freaks here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...e-special.html

Their customer service is fantastic. I know Joe likes Project Mu. they are a great pad, but I bought my Ferodo DS2500 from Speed-Freaks, and I can't say enough good things about them. They do dust a little, but less than the OEM pads. The feel of the Ferodo's is great as is their performance.

Lou
Old 04-10-13, 07:14 PM
Ryanmac
Rookie

Confirmed. These things suck! Wearever pads decide to hit the rotors "Wearever" they want.

My rotors are now warped and you can see the huge area where the pad wasn't making contact.

(Yes - I did the bedding process. I also used Brembo goop and I think they are still squealing (although it may be the rears).

Can you turn drilled rotors?
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS F Wearever Brake pad issue / Just a Opinion-image.jpg  
Old 04-10-13, 07:16 PM
Ryanmac
Rookie

Pic of pad.
Old 04-10-13, 09:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmac
...Can you turn drilled rotors?
IME it turns them into junk.
Old 04-11-13, 07:53 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great not I'm going to have to check my Wearever pads in a few weeks see how they are wearing.. Just from my daily driving view they seem fine and make almost zero dust I'll check the wear pattern in a month or two when I get my new rims
Old 04-11-13, 06:52 PM
localnark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ryanmac
Confirmed. These things suck! Wearever pads decide to hit the rotors "Wearever" they want.

My rotors are now warped and you can see the huge area where the pad wasn't making contact.

(Yes - I did the bedding process. I also used Brembo goop and I think they are still squealing (although it may be the rears).

Can you turn drilled rotors?
how long did you have them on for?? I had to 2 different sets with the 2nd one wearing even worse then the first set but I did put my oem pads back on and they removed the rust rings completely within 100miles.I had the wearevers on for almost 800miles I also measured my rotor and they where in spec. I would try putting your oem pads back on and see if resolves the issues. I pulled the trigger and was able to get a new oem set off ebay for 200 $ inc shipping ...I'm very happy over this. they will need to be installed in a month or so.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-12-13, 10:53 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

subscribed... debating if I should put on my wearever pads or not soon. I don't track the car and only use it for daily commuting (stop and go traffic)
Old 04-12-13, 12:08 PM
CarbonISF
Rookie

If you want cheap pads, why not get Stoptech pads, either performance or regular? I'd feel more confident in the quality at least.
Old 04-12-13, 01:14 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so far these work fine and produce very very little dust which is great ill visibly inspect shortly and see if i notice this defect
Old 04-15-13, 10:56 AM
Ryanmac
Rookie

Originally Posted by localnark
how long did you have them on for?? [/I][/SIZE]
Probably 2 months. PMu's on order...

Quick Reply: Lexus IS F Wearever Brake pad issue / Just a Opinion