IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

$45k for IS-F Neiman Marcus Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 02:09 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default $45k for IS-F Neiman Marcus Edition?

Does that seem a little high for a 2008 NM Edition IS-F?

Friend called me and asked me if it was reasonable, and I had no idea, so I wanted to ask before he purchases and will later regret it and feel like the dealer blew smoke up his ***.

It's an 08 NM IS-F Black with only 12k miles. But $45k for a 5 year old car seems high to me, considering it's around $60k for a new one. Even though it's one of 50, it doesn't scream exclusive to me, because it's customized by an outrageous high end fashion department store.

If it was something like the "Call of Duty" Jeep Wrangler, or the badass Jurassic Park Explorer, I could understand. (Sarcasm). Something like the Frozen Gray Matte M3 is a better comparison.

Last edited by tungo; 03-18-13 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-18-13, 02:14 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^lol dont hate on COD!

what difference does the NM edition include?

I would say to me that the price should be whatever a standard 08 with that many miles brings unless the NM has tons of cool add ons thats why I am asking
Old 03-18-13, 02:19 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

If the car is legit 45k for 12k miles and neiman marcus that is the steal, car has 2 tones seat, rims with Samurai sharpen edges than our US spect. and the badge in the middle will say # out of 50 made . That about it that i can think of
Old 03-18-13, 02:20 PM
tungo
Intermediate

I'm not hating. I lost my kill streak, because I ignored his text and he called me twice to ask.

He just told me he put a deposit on it until he can come home and verify if it's worth purchasing at that price. They aren't budging on the price.

It's got a badge right by the cup holder showing the special number it is and white stitching around the seats and . does have Mark Levinson Sound.
Old 03-18-13, 02:20 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think that is a fair price with NM edition, who said 60k when it was brand new?
Old 03-18-13, 02:22 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Only 12k miles on it , just check the car history.
Old 03-18-13, 02:29 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Let me clarify. Non-NM Edition IS-F's can be had for around $60K. I was my local dealer last week and I saw the Matador Red one on the showroom floor listed for $63K.

I know the NM Edition is probably pushing closer to $70k, but I'm not exactly sure. I'm fairly positive it's higher than a regular IS-F.

Asked him to verify it it is really 12k miles, but when he last saw it, the car was being taken back by porters to be cleaned. Probably won't find out more details until later.

*NOTE* Don't know if this matters, but it is a TX car, so that's a plus. Stickers are on the windshield. I'm pretty sure it's never seen the crazy elements that Kansas City has to offer. We got hit with 2 storms within a week that pretty much shut down the city for the entire day both times.

Last edited by tungo; 03-18-13 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Discovered it's a TX car.
Old 03-18-13, 02:38 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The NM special build highlights the samurai blade style and the white stitiching, along with the half-day track time, which I am sure has probably been redeemed already. The wheels do look much better IMO, and I really like that there are only 50 in the US with those blades, not including the Canadian and Japan-spec Fs. There's no performance enhancements, but just subtle accents inside and out that I personally like. To have an '08 with 12k miles alone would yield between $41-46k (fair to excellent condition). This was just something I pulled up with my zip code on KBB's site.

BTW, what number was being listed for sale?
Old 03-18-13, 02:44 PM
tungo
Intermediate

From what the lot manager told him, it was driven by an older lady who didn't drive it much (every dealer will say that), and that it is #17 of 50.

This one is black. Does Neiman Marcus IS-F only come in black? Being like me, he's always had white cars. I went to black when I got my GS and he may follow suit.
Old 03-18-13, 03:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

NM IS Fs were only done in Obsidian with Black leather with white stitching. It is an 08, so it'll have some harsh suspension, which is something to consider versus the newer F models with the revised suspension. With 12k on the odometer, it might be a good steal at that price, especially if he can get the price lowered more.
Old 03-18-13, 03:15 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price seems a little high to me, but not outrageous by any means. I got my NM edition in June of 2010 from the local Lexus dealer with 14k miles and I think I paid $44.5k.
Old 03-18-13, 03:25 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

You are in the range where that price can be negotiated a little bit. The big draw is not so much the NM edition, but rather the fact it only has 12K miles on it. You're should expect to pay at or over $40K from a dealership for any ISF with mileage that low unless there's some damage or title issues. It's maybe a few thousand over what I'd want to pay, but if you want the car and can talk them down to $42K-$43K, I don't think that's a bad deal.

The price on the ISF seems to be way more driven by mileage than model year. I paid a premium on my 2009 when I bought it in 2012 because it was a GA car in the color I wanted and had only 13K miles. I could have had a higher mileage 2010 for cheaper.
Old 03-18-13, 05:43 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tungo
From what the lot manager told him, it was driven by an older lady who didn't drive it much (every dealer will say that)...
Indeed. That's pure BS. They always say that when they have an old car with low miles.

But for <20k miles, even being an 08, $45k isn't crazy. The NM edition not being too much of factor.
Old 03-18-13, 06:14 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I paid $44k for my 08 regular F with ML option and 4,800 miles on the clock last month. That is only $1k more than what I paid and you get a numbered limited edition which is pretty cool.Tell him to buy it and we can trade straight up if he doesnt want the NM edition :-D
Old 03-18-13, 06:21 PM
tungo
Intermediate

The lot manager said that local Lexus dealerships have called him and inquired about the car and $45k is his wholesale price, so my friend is getting it at his price. I know he got the car for cheaper than $45k. This isn't exactly a large reputable dealership. It's a hole-in-the-wall dealership, where it's in your best interest to ask questions.

For starters, to just hold the car, they asked for a $50 deposit. That's sweet, since most dealerships require at least $500 from my experience.

The low mileage is a plus. From what I've seen here and eBay or Autotrader (can't remember), these NM editions sure do have low mileage. Highest mileage NM IS-F I've seen when searching is one from an Acura dealership with 18K.

I'm going to either look tomorrow after work at the car myself or go early Wednesday morning. If my friend loses interest and anyone on here is interested in it, let me know and I will get you the details on the car. I'll go through it inside and out to make sure it's worth the buy.

Last edited by tungo; 03-18-13 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: $45k for IS-F Neiman Marcus Edition?