IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hoped that I never had to share this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-13, 04:41 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoped that I never had to share this...

Well, Thursday I went to get my taxes done. I parked on the LAST spot of the parking lot, leaving like 5 open spaces on my side. I was inside H&R Block about 1hr. I came out very happy for the return Im getting, but that happiness went away went I could see my car from maybe 50yrds away that something was wrong. As I got close, my fear became evident, somebody hit my car and run.

I quickly went to the furniture store that was in front, and ask them for security cammeras, wich they didnt have. But an old man came out of the store and told me about a truck driver that was making a delivery to another store, and the driver ask him if he could move his car cause he was having trouble backing out.

As soon I got the police report, walked to such store, and very politely ask if they had recived a delivery. The old lady came out swinging out of the door. "Do you have evidence??!! "Do you saw it??!!" " "We dont have a truck!!" "I was the only person helping him back out and he didnt have no problem!!"

I just look at her about to cursed her out, but I was in my Shell uniform so I had to bite my tong and tell her thanks for nothing.

So, this is the pic, I went a lil bit to the metal. Also dented the door maybe 12'', and scratch a lil bit the fender.

I already make the claim. I have to wait till Monday to send the bodyshop info to the insurace so the can write the check. Not sure how much its going to be or how they are going to repair it.

Well, thats it. Thanks for looking guys and your opinions.
Attached Thumbnails Hoped that I never had to share this...-rsz_img_20130307_155406.jpg  
Old 03-09-13, 04:56 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

I hate when things like this happen. I hope you find the culprit and bring them to justice. If only they would have the courtesy to leave a note instead of running away and giving people headaches.
Old 03-09-13, 04:57 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Man..that sucks. some people just have no respect!!
Old 03-09-13, 05:13 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OUCH! That really sucks but good on you for being the bigger person in the situation. Their day will come and it will be 10x worse! Get the car fixed and move on.
Old 03-09-13, 05:15 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Seems like the lady knows who did it.
Old 03-09-13, 05:21 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Daym!!! I'd be real **** if this happened to me. I feel bad for you bro. Take it to a repair shop and have em fix it. Its sad to say that you may have some of that return money to fix this. Cant really do anything about it. Smh.
Old 03-09-13, 05:21 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Sorry for what happened, but glad you kept your cool about the whole situation. Wishing you the best.
Old 03-09-13, 05:23 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I would say the lady knows who did it also. Too bad man but aleast it will get fixed. My mom backed into my car a few weeks ago and did much more damage than what you got there. Just find a good body shop and it will look good as new.
Old 03-09-13, 06:07 PM
2012ISF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt do it!!!
Old 03-09-13, 06:27 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Man your a calm cool cat. I would've flipped!
Old 03-09-13, 06:53 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
Man your a calm cool cat. I would've flipped!
I second that!!!
Old 03-09-13, 07:14 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Sucks this had to happen. I really would've respected the culprit if he had the courtesy to at least write down his info. What a coward! People like this should not get away with it, but without security cameras present, it would be hard to assign blame. All you can hope for now is a speedy recovery. A quality body shop will have it looking as close to new as possible.
Old 03-09-13, 07:39 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Good for you for staying calm. Crazy that the people who do the most to protect their cars, like parking them far away in the open, seem to get the bad luck anyway
Old 03-09-13, 07:42 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Good for you for staying calm. Crazy that the people who do the most to protect their cars, like parking them far away in the open, seem to get the bad luck anyway
Tell me about it. I take so many precautions when parallel parking on streets, and somehow my bumpers still all EFFED up.
Old 03-09-13, 07:58 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Thanks guys for your support

I had to keep my cool cuz I was in my uniform on the town next to my job, so they see my blues like green$$. People also like to call the refinery and try to get you in trouble.

I had already a shop in mind that I went last year to get an estimate for my wife's car, and I saw M3, a Ferrari and some Benz's. So I guess they must be good.

Quick Reply: Hoped that I never had to share this...