IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS-F Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-13, 08:59 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I believe I'd take any info from a service rep with a serious grain of salt. Not saying he's wrong, but a person in that position wouldn't seem likely to have information of that level at this stage of the game. Just my opinion obviously.
Agreed...since when was a statement given by a service tech true? VERY rarely....especially about these types of matters...
Old 03-12-13, 09:03 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be first in line for a baby LFA inspired IS F with an ISF price tag though.
Old 03-12-13, 10:32 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I believe I'd take any info from a service rep with a serious grain of salt. Not saying he's wrong, but a person in that position wouldn't seem likely to have information of that level at this stage of the game. Just my opinion obviously.
Yeah I agree.

There's actually another service tech rep on this forum (Hoovey) who has said the ISF won't be discontinued.

To be honest though, I don't really believe any of them. Before the USA Today article I was certain the ISF would be continued. After the USA today article, I'm 60/40 in favor of saying the ISF will be discontinued.

The USA Today article means something to me, but it isn't the end all be all until lexus produces an official statement detailing their plans.
Old 03-12-13, 10:58 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/performance/

That is one reason why the IS-F will not be discontinued. Lexus is serious about performance this time and creating this new page to highlight their F/F-Sport lines is a sign of this. They have built a great lineup of F-Sport cars and the F line looks meager in comparison. Just like with the M3/M4, the IS-F will arrive much later than the regular models.

(This is why I also believe a GS-F is coming)
Old 03-13-13, 06:33 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
http://www.lexus.com/performance/

That is one reason why the IS-F will not be discontinued. Lexus is serious about performance this time and creating this new page to highlight their F/F-Sport lines is a sign of this. They have built a great lineup of F-Sport cars and the F line looks meager in comparison. Just like with the M3/M4, the IS-F will arrive much later than the regular models.

(This is why I also believe a GS-F is coming)
There is nothing performance about fsporr
Old 03-13-13, 06:59 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx
There is nothing performance about fsporr
LOL very true!
Old 03-13-13, 07:57 AM
nonford
Rookie

The F-Sport lineup is exactly why I am constantly harassed by maxima's and accords. They see an F and think its another easy kill.....
Old 03-13-13, 08:25 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If Lexus discountinued the IS-F it will be a dumb idea. You want compete with the likes of AMG/M but you drop the only affordable car in your line up that competes with them. All I can do is shake my head if this is true. The current IS-F is gem but I really don't see the car holding it's value. It's a 4 door sedan not a coupe so I don't see it.
Old 03-13-13, 08:59 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pc1990
You are definitely right about this being a sales tactic. Lexus has more to lose by not continuing on their F-lineup.

On a sidenote...not me, I went from a 97' Carolla to the IS-F. Man I miss the drivability of the carolla....required no driver input at all haha, while the IS-F requires full attention at all times.

But on a serious note, again you are right about the upgrade patterns. I have read numerous threads about IS250/350 to ISF upgrades.

Good stuff man
Wow that's a huge difference man! A bit scary
I hope you are upwards of 30 years old, anyone under that age with that amount of change in hp and curb appeal would have more than likely totaled the F. I remember when I moved up from my teg to the merc 400E @ 19 big difference in lifestyle I was way too young. Ended up totaled hanging off the side of the bridge...learned my lesson.
Old 03-13-13, 09:10 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Got F?
I dropped off my ISF at Park Place Lexus this morning and mentioned to the service rep that I heard on this forum (via USA Today) that the ISF might be going bye-bye. He actually confirmed it, for whatever that's worth. Here was the surprising part - he said that it will be replaced with a 2-door GS-F (not F-sport but an actual F). I guess I'll believe it when I see it.
You've got to be kidding me, GS-F 2 door? That makes no sense what so ever! Whats a 2 door BMW 5 series the oh so terrible BMW 650i. I don't think I could ever purchase another 2 door unless its GTR fast. 2 door market is tuff, logically: ISF = $60k, GSF = $75k?, GTR = $90k. It would make no sense and that would certainly destroy lexus. BMW sells way more m3's than m6's.
Old 03-13-13, 09:36 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
That will be easy to find... I will sell you mine when they get discontinued... $75k firm... And don't try to haggle
I no has the moneh for $75k. ):
Old 03-13-13, 10:06 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
You've got to be kidding me, GS-F 2 door? That makes no sense what so ever! Whats a 2 door BMW 5 series the oh so terrible BMW 650i. I don't think I could ever purchase another 2 door unless its GTR fast. 2 door market is tuff, logically: ISF = $60k, GSF = $75k?, GTR = $90k. It would make no sense and that would certainly destroy lexus. BMW sells way more m3's than m6's.
I love the M6.
Old 03-13-13, 10:44 AM
LUKE6028
Driver School Candidate

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...n-doubt-report
Old 03-13-13, 11:40 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

USA Today’s James Healey wrote that, “The redesigned 2014 Lexus IS model that’s going on sale this summer will have sport variants, but no F high-performance version.”

“But as a consolation prize,” Healey continued, “Lexus says it’ll keep the 2013 IS F on sale through year’s end.”

This whole USA Today article just seems to be a mixup and bad thinking. The first quote is true because the ISF was not re designed. The current version will be on sale next year. And that it will keep it on sale through years end. That is literally just talking about this body design.
I think the report was just written poorly and interpreted as a discontinuation of the IS-F which seems very implausible and a poor decision. After all of the marketing and attention given to the F performance and sportiness why would they get rid of the ISF?
I think it is staying and a new body style will show up in a couple years along with something like the RCF as a coupe variant. The article is just being taken too literally about the current body design
Bad reporting on misinformation. They are just clearing a path for the new model like they did with the GS

Last edited by LexusNN; 03-13-13 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-13-13, 01:44 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
USA Today’s James Healey wrote that, “The redesigned 2014 Lexus IS model that’s going on sale this summer will have sport variants, but no F high-performance version.”

“But as a consolation prize,” Healey continued, “Lexus says it’ll keep the 2013 IS F on sale through year’s end.”

This whole USA Today article just seems to be a mixup and bad thinking. The first quote is true because the ISF was not re designed. The current version will be on sale next year. And that it will keep it on sale through years end. That is literally just talking about this body design.
I think the report was just written poorly and interpreted as a discontinuation of the IS-F which seems very implausible and a poor decision. After all of the marketing and attention given to the F performance and sportiness why would they get rid of the ISF?
I think it is staying and a new body style will show up in a couple years along with something like the RCF as a coupe variant. The article is just being taken too literally about the current body design
Bad reporting on misinformation. They are just clearing a path for the new model like they did with the GS
I agree. There is a bit of perhaps intentional market confusion being generated here and not necessary on the part of Lexus.

With "F Performance" being used as their key marketing theme, it just does not add up.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F Discontinued