WheelDude's Linea Corse LC818 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 09:49 AM
streetspee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WheelDude's Linea Corse LC818 Issue

Hi folks !

I bought a set of Linea Corse LC818 for my 09 ISF last week - I didnt indicate any weird sizes, just selected my car, and was sent 19x8.5 +30 and 19x10 +38 ... I mounted up the modest narrow factory Michelin PS2's 225/40YR19 and 255/35YR19 tires and am rubbing. The front wheels rub the inner fenderwell when turning. The rear rubs the quarter panel lip a little on bumps.

I thought selecting my application would result in the right wheel for a modest setup, no lowering, no fender rolling/pulling. If I follow the plan to mount 275 or 285 on the back, I will have some serious issues.

Any other ISFs out there with LC818 +30 and +38 ? I'm not sure if this sizing is questionable or what ... please advise someone and whether anyone has had luck exchanging wheels with WheelDude .... I tried calling and get their VM today & yesterday, and tried emailing to inquire also. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-13, 09:59 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

i had the same specs and wheels on my 08 isf. im lowered on eibach springs and my tires in the front are 255 35 19, rear 275 30 19. the rear fender metal tap had to be rolled up but besides that no rubbing at all.
Old 01-15-13, 10:13 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Fitment on aftermarket wheels is always question number 1. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they get wheels that fit their particular set up, so unless wheeldude told you they'd fit no problem and they don't, I don't see where they mislead you. I don't know if that's what you are thinking, but technically they aren't in the wrong.

Now to your question, those offsets are going to require a minor roll, at least in the rear. This is not difficult for someone who has experience, but if you are against rolling, you want those offsets in the upper 40s or 50s instead of in the 30s. Maybe they'll exchange them for you.
Old 01-15-13, 10:52 AM
streetspee
Driver School Candidate

Wheeldude didnt really lead me to believe they would fit, his sizing guide for ISx50 says that 30 and 38 are correct.

Thanks guys these two replies are the reassurance I was looking for - I am arranging to have the rear quarter panel flaps rolled / pulled a bit on Friday ... would it be a bad idea to have him do the front as well? Do ISF owners roll the fronts also? I know its sort of thin lightweight aluminum or something up there...

I am working on picking up some Michelin PS2's 255/35/19 & 295/30/19 take off's think theyd fit ok once rolled?
Old 01-15-13, 11:47 AM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's weird I am running 19x10 +38 245/35 in the front with no rubbing issue. I am although lower, maybe natural camber tucked me in. No roll whatsoever front and rear.
Old 01-15-13, 12:02 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember anyone rubbing in the front with those wheels, but you will have to roll the rear to have no issues with bigger tires.
Old 01-15-13, 12:33 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Weird your having issues. I have them in 19x10 front and rear with 255/275 with no rubbing in the front. Rear is rolled flat and no issues.
Old 01-15-13, 02:19 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by streetspee
Wheeldude didnt really lead me to believe they would fit, his sizing guide for ISx50 says that 30 and 38 are correct.
Its correct for the 2IS because the 2IS has a slightly more aggressive offset than the IS-F; the 2IS can fit those offsets without any modifications.

If your going to upsize your tires, I would suggest you just go ahead and roll the front too, only a slight roll would be required.
Old 01-16-13, 12:02 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whats the advantages/disadvantages to going with a square set-up of 19x10 vs. staggered 19x8.5/10??? I know AMG is running staggered and Cali is running square... reasons??
Old 01-16-13, 12:25 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cali is running semi-square because Lineacorse doesn't make anything wider than a x10 lol.

He can't really rotate his tires (not without paying) with a semi-squared setup.

This isn't really a squared setup since his tires are still staggered.

Front will be stiffer since its a partial stretch on a x10 where his back wheels have more tire.

No other advantages except for maybe turn-in feeling
Old 01-16-13, 12:37 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

OP,

for the front, you should only rub when turning your wheel all the way in reverse, otherwise, i dont see how you can rub moving forward.

for the rear, you are going to have to roll your fenders , but barely for that set up you are running.
Old 01-16-13, 09:11 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.canibeat.com/2011/05/wald...-f/#more-24095
He is rolling 265/35 19 tires with no problems in the rear .
Old 01-16-13, 02:18 PM
streetspee
Driver School Candidate

With 19x8.5 30mm and 19x10 38mm, I just picked up a steal of a deal on some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 at 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 for a little over the price that normally gets you one tire I will now DEF have to pull/stretch the rear, but one of the shops I contacted has suggested that the rear bumper tabs need to be relocated/modified to hold the bumper to the rear $0.25 panel a bit better once pulling/stretching has been done.

I got some great advice from a member here to take a heat gun to the front fender liners to get a bit more room, but the back will be a concern.

You folks that have the rear $0.25 panels rolled, do you have a larger gap where the panel and the top of the rear bumper meet?
Old 01-16-13, 05:27 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by streetspee
With 19x8.5 30mm and 19x10 38mm, I just picked up a steal of a deal on some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 at 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 for a little over the price that normally gets you one tire I will now DEF have to pull/stretch the rear, but one of the shops I contacted has suggested that the rear bumper tabs need to be relocated/modified to hold the bumper to the rear $0.25 panel a bit better once pulling/stretching has been done.

I got some great advice from a member here to take a heat gun to the front fender liners to get a bit more room, but the back will be a concern.

You folks that have the rear $0.25 panels rolled, do you have a larger gap where the panel and the top of the rear bumper meet?
I don't have a larger gap where the quarter panel and rear bumper meet. I guess that's possible if they roll it too far down. My body shop rolled just the top half of the quarter panel where it would rub over the bigger dips (if that make sense).

How did you get such a sweet deal on the Pilot Sports? I like those tires and ran them on a previous car.
Old 01-19-13, 08:11 AM
streetspee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vbb
I don't have a larger gap where the quarter panel and rear bumper meet. I guess that's possible if they roll it too far down. My body shop rolled just the top half of the quarter panel where it would rub over the bigger dips (if that make sense).

How did you get such a sweet deal on the Pilot Sports? I like those tires and ran them on a previous car.
A Craigslist ad caught my eye and I talked the guy down a little and ended up with the set for six Benjamin's.

Turns out we were all very very wrong. The Pilot Sport PS2, 295 wide, +38mm do not fit well... We rolled, and yanked (pulled) the fenders and I still rub the rear bumper tabs, and the pulled quarter panel doesn't really fit the body lines made by the rear bumper (but I am going for show car quality appearance so quite picky)

I've never taken the rear bumper off of this car - anyone have any links to somebody with an ISF who has had to modify the where/how the rear bumper screws to the quarter panel? The tires clear the quarter panel but look like they're rubbing the bumper tab location.

Quick Reply: WheelDude's Linea Corse LC818 Issue