IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE/Sikky headers on stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 03:33 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default PPE/Sikky headers on stock exhaust?

Anyone have this set up? currently have muffler deletes. love the sound but want more power. i dont want it getting too loud where it takes away the luxury of the car. what are the whp/wtq looking like with a set up like this?

Will take recommendations of a quieter set up but good gains. im willing to do exhaust but just dont know what combo.

thanks fellas
Old 11-24-12, 03:39 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to PM zojirushi. I heard his setup in person, it sounds good. He can prob provide some more input on drone and all that.
Old 11-24-12, 03:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
You may want to PM zojirushi. I heard his setup in person, it sounds good. He can prob provide some more input on drone and all that.
how would you say it sounded on the outside from what youve heard? does it lose the second intake opening up sound?
Old 11-24-12, 03:45 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

and before everyone jumps on me for trying to get more power out of an exhaust system but not wanting the loud sound that goes with it, im trying to find a happy medium to suit my needs.
Old 11-24-12, 04:36 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I can tell you from my experiences , Joez intake and Exhaust plus Sikky header best combo of all sounds and performance . Those ISF members from Socal who seen and ridden in my car can tell that. No drone at all .
Old 11-24-12, 04:42 PM
mercurymet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got PPE headers only. It is a little louder than stock on cold start, sounds angry and then quiets down. The sound quality is different, sounds better, more obvious V8 sound. The power difference is noticeable. Really easy to loose grip as well as pass cars in a taller gear on the highway.

With the K and N CAI and headers, I was hitting 12.5 and 114 at infineon with lame launches. Previously, I was hitting just over 109.

Had the borla catback with headers and it was too loud for me, took off the exhaust. Your car will be louder since you have the muffler delete but probably not too loud with the secondary cats in place.

ca
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Anyone have this set up? currently have muffler deletes. love the sound but want more power. i dont want it getting too loud where it takes away the luxury of the car. what are the whp/wtq looking like with a set up like this?

Will take recommendations of a quieter set up but good gains. im willing to do exhaust but just dont know what combo.

thanks fellas
Old 11-24-12, 04:54 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have stock exhaust with Sikky headers installed and dyno-ed at JE. I had 40 hp gains. The sound is perfect for ME. If I had to characterize the sound difference....let me try this:

Assumption: On a scale of 0-10, with 0 = Engine Off and JoeZ or ISS with header combo equaling the loudest = 10, then the following:

0 = no sound engine off
3 = Stock Exhaust
4 = Stock Exhaust + Sikky/PPE
10 = JoeZ/ISS + Sikky/PPE

I have no idea what value to put Sikky + muffler delete.

Hope this is handy for you, in regards to perspective.
Old 11-24-12, 05:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

thanks fellas. that helped. of course everyone wants the most power gains but for now, i have to restrict what i want with what i need.

if i can gain 40whp and keep stock exhaust, that is good news. i do want the joez exhaust for maximum hp but honestly, the muffler deletes are almost too much already. i can weld on my stock mufflers if needed.
Old 11-24-12, 05:22 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
I can tell you from my experiences , Joez intake and Exhaust plus Sikky header best combo of all sounds and performance . Those ISF members from Socal who seen and ridden in my car can tell that. No drone at all .
This is NOT a street legal setup for California, right?
How do you get around that, living there?
Old 11-24-12, 05:23 PM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by mercurymet
I've got PPE headers only. It is a little louder than stock on cold start, sounds angry and then quiets down. The sound quality is different, sounds better, more obvious V8 sound. The power difference is noticeable. Really easy to loose grip as well as pass cars in a taller gear on the highway.

With the K and N CAI and headers, I was hitting 12.5 and 114 at infineon with lame launches. Previously, I was hitting just over 109.

Had the borla catback with headers and it was too loud for me, took off the exhaust. Your car will be louder since you have the muffler delete but probably not too loud with the secondary cats in place.

ca
Same question........
This is NOT a street legal setup for California, right?
How do you get around that, living there?
Old 11-24-12, 05:23 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

When the time i need to pass smog , i know exactly where to go , i had my is350 with the same set up and no problem for 3 yrs . The F is about 1 year now lolz
Old 11-24-12, 05:31 PM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by blitz_714
When the time i need to pass smog , i know exactly where to go , i had my is350 with the same set up and no problem for 3 yrs . The F is about 1 year now lolz
I can see you to pass the visual, some of us have friendly technicians around, but without pre-cats (headers), I don't think you can pass, Am I wrong? Unless you smog a stock car instead.

I live in California, removing pre-cats, cats etc.....is gonna make it hard to get the needed numbers.
Old 11-24-12, 05:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks fellas. that helped. of course everyone wants the most power gains but for now, i have to restrict what i want with what i need.

if i can gain 40whp and keep stock exhaust, that is good news. i do want the joez exhaust for maximum hp but honestly, the muffler deletes are almost too much already. i can weld on my stock mufflers if needed.
I have PPE headers and a modified dual exhaust utilizing modified stock mufflers. It's all here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-exhaust.html

and

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

This setup works for me. A big

Lou
Old 11-24-12, 05:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

^ thanks for the link lowrider

so basically, im going to leave the post cats in there.

do i still need this "o2 conditioner or simulator"

also, where is the cheapest price to get o2 sensors? i should just go ahead and buy them just incase they do strip out correct? last thing i want is the F stuck at the shop.
Old 11-24-12, 06:25 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To put it in perspective my muffler + secondary cat delete is way louder than my friend's F, which only has PPE headers with stock intake/exhaust.

Quick Reply: PPE/Sikky headers on stock exhaust?