IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Video of how powerful IS-F Engine Even After 160 MPH. Yes, You read it right 160 MPH.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-12, 05:09 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Curiosity question. While I completely understand and agree with everyones' concerns regarding street racing, why are some of you so down on a video that shows off just how bad *** our car is? What's the point of having the bad *** car if you have zero intention of repping it from time to time when the situation is okay to do so?

There was only 1 car that was ever in front of them (small SUV near the end of the video), so it was about as "safe" a street race as possible. It was just the two of them the rest of the time.
Old 11-21-12, 05:11 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy415
^300c SRT8.

Looks like some of the SRT owners in the comments are in disbeliefe, those 300c's are as aerodynamic as a brick at those speeds
Thanks.
And yeah they are.
Old 11-21-12, 05:32 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakemaker8
I'm with you on that! would love to have someplace to safely test out the upper limits of our cars.
Dont you have a new road in Tx to go all out on?
Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^I might not have been so blunt and harsh with my words, but I certainly agree with you 100%. The guys are fools and could have killed someone. We really don't need that kind of crap here

Lou
I guess I missed the part where they endangered anyone other than themselves.
Old 11-21-12, 05:45 AM
Wakemaker8
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Dont you have a new road in Tx to go all out on?
I wish! Only John Hennessy gets to go all out on it. everyone else just gets pulled over for doing anything more than 10-15 over. They were writing tickets left and right after his video came out.

Here's the video for anyone interested.
Old 11-21-12, 06:28 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree and disagree with some of you regarding the street racing. Obviously, anything can happen whether you're going 80 or 160. IMO it is riskier to speed at night than anything else... regardless, some of you shouldn't be acting like it's such a big deal, since I'm sure the majority of us have passed people doing 100+.

I'm still looking for a closed course airstrip by the way...
Old 11-21-12, 06:53 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...since I'm sure the majority of us have passed people doing 100+.

Damn, in the minority on the election and here.
Old 11-21-12, 07:29 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^lol take it with a grain of salt.....I'm not saying constantly, atleast once in our lives the majority of us F owners have done that....effortless acceleration
Old 11-21-12, 08:44 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

This company provides a safe environment @ www.wannagofast.com! This would satIsfy a need for speed and go head to head with some other beastly cars.
Old 11-21-12, 09:22 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Here u can pay 250$ and up for 1 mile and half shoot out u can max out any car
Old 11-21-12, 01:38 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I agree and disagree with some of you regarding the street racing. Obviously, anything can happen whether you're going 80 or 160. IMO it is riskier to speed at night than anything else... regardless, some of you shouldn't be acting like it's such a big deal, since I'm sure the majority of us have passed people doing 100+.

I'm still looking for a closed course airstrip by the way...
Everyone has varying degrees of what is safe and what isn't. I would venture a guess that EVERY single IS-F owner on this board has broken the speed limit in their car, and probably by more than just a couple of mph. I would also venture a guess that there are very few people on the boards who have never taken their IS-F into triple digit territory. Who are we kidding? You don't buy a car like this and then putter around at 55mph on the highway.

Street racing is illegal and dangerous, but of course like other enthusiasts I like seeing videos of cars going fast. What bothered me about the video is that they passed some other guy who clearly was not a part of the race or assuming any risk while going way over 120mph and climbing.
Old 11-21-12, 04:24 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I don't advocate street racing etc.... but I have opened my F up to the Gov' 3 times. Twice of which were right after I bought the car at approx 1500mi on a huge open stretch of interstate in Montana.

When you hit 173mph the car want's to keep going, it still feels strong, and it is extremely stable at that speed.

By far the most fun I have had with my car was at Miller Speedway in SLC Utah around the 27 turn course.
Old 11-21-12, 04:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i wish i can take it that fast down here in NC. this part of the state is getting bad as texas when it comes to highway patrol. sucks
Old 11-21-12, 05:53 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

actually alot of people buy cars like this and higher hp cars and drive it like its a 89 civic.. so sad but different strokes for different folks. good thing i have a speed limiter cause i would try to get as close as possible to 200.
Old 11-22-12, 07:29 PM
JC23
Rookie

here in miami everybody street races,there is meets for that and i dont see anything unsafe here....why buy an is-F if ur not gonna step on it ...I do see ppl here doing the stupidest things sometimes....its about how we do things...i've seen hondas street racing in the middle of traffic or other ricers doing stupid things risking others just to get attention and thats something I dont do....I use the power of my F when I know I can without putting me or others in any risk
Old 11-23-12, 12:32 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

JC23 I've seen you street race we all do and if you don't you should start lol its fun :

Quick Reply: Video of how powerful IS-F Engine Even After 160 MPH. Yes, You read it right 160 MPH.