kteng7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

titanitum tip
Old 11-15-12, 07:50 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now we are working on fitment and testing (as you can see in our picture we are running the stock adapter), we need to build our adapter and then we will be closer to a final production unit that we can get a sound clip for and numbers on!

The tips unfortunetly wont be in a titanium burnt finish (like the greddy tips). We use the same tips as they do but we have yet to find a finish that holds up to our customers demands and holds its finish in daily driving.
Old 11-15-12, 05:20 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
The tips unfortunetly wont be in a titanium burnt finish (like the greddy tips). We use the same tips as they do but we have yet to find a finish that holds up to our customers demands and holds its finish in daily driving.
Wait, I thought the GReddy tips were titanium (not a titanium finish).
Old 11-15-12, 06:39 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

As far as I know it's only the piping. Those are the same tips we use, they just have greddy etched into them.
Old 11-15-12, 08:36 PM
silverlexg
Driver

Very interested as well :-)
Old 11-15-12, 08:51 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Right now we are working on fitment and testing (as you can see in our picture we are running the stock adapter), we need to build our adapter and then we will be closer to a final production unit that we can get a sound clip for and numbers on!

Greddy SE burnt tip holds its finish in daily driving,. many of my friend's vehicles with that exhaust looks the same after a a year of hard driving. Greddy TIC exhaust tips dont however, most of the tips will turn yellowish.
Old 11-16-12, 07:55 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Greddy SE burnt tip holds its finish in daily driving,. many of my friend's vehicles with that exhaust looks the same after a a year of hard driving. Greddy TIC exhaust tips dont however, most of the tips will turn yellowish.
I was stating the tips that we used and tried with a chemical treatment to them didnt last as they should (they were not titanium).
Old 11-16-12, 06:43 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Very cool. You def should expect to charge more than the Borla axle-back...I tried that and it was very disappointing. I would have loved to get the ISS tips and sound but with just an axle-back to keep the cats in place.
Old 11-19-12, 12:04 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do u have an approximate date when this will be available seeing as my new wife is stumped about an Xmas gift for me. Also will u be able to ship it and is it an easy install for a shop local to me?
Old 11-19-12, 01:06 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

It's a very easy install to the point you could do it in your driveway with minimal tools.

We are trying to have a production model done around Jan.
Old 11-19-12, 05:09 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

If this system puts out close to same hp as the Borla cat back for less money then I am sure a bunch of us will be in on it. U think gains will be similar to the Borla cat back or is that asking too much?
Old 11-19-12, 06:18 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys this is just one piece of the puzzle. Putting this or any other exhaust to your already decently quick F is NOT going to make you crazy power. If you combine it with a filter and increase air flow with ISS's scoops, then maybe it'll be noticeable. Other than that, you might get a LITTLE power but this is mainly for looks and sound. I may be crazy, but what EXACTLY are any of you who are looking for more power from just an exhaust trying to get?

Basing your exhaust decision on give or take a few horsepower seems like you're missing other important aspects. Quality of build, sound, looks. Good luck outdoing ISS in ANY of those. I just got my F a month ago and happen to be local. Visited ISS last weekend for the first time, had never seen any of their stuff in person. You couldn't pay me to get rid of my DES and go with something else. Oh, I daily drive my F and get nothing but good comments on the look and sound, whether inside the car or out.
Old 11-19-12, 07:25 PM
mercurymet
Driver

Definitely too much to ask for.

The Borla catback has no secondary cats and is a dual x pipe exhaust.

The only gains from the ISS will be from getting rid of the squashed area and better flowing mufflers. 5-10 peak whp increase is my guess. I'd really like to see how it affects the curve, hopefully there may be higher nonpeak difference at 5000 and at 6500+.

Originally Posted by Mrd916
If this system puts out close to same hp as the Borla cat back for less money then I am sure a bunch of us will be in on it. U think gains will be similar to the Borla cat back or is that asking too much?
Old 11-19-12, 07:27 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Not sure about the other guys interested in this but as for me I am working with a $1000 budget and I am just trying to decide if it's better to go with a cat back Borla or an axel back ISS seeing as they will be close in price. I was under the impression that a Borla cat back could add 40hp so I wanted to see what ISS axel back gains were. I did not know that a Borla cat back exhaust put out only minimal gains that were not really noticeable

Quick Reply: Feeler: ISSForged DES axle back