IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rear facing infant seat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 08:42 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by caveman
you might also want to check out the Maxi Cosi Mico infant carrier.
http://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Mico.../dp/B004GJYU48

we're expecting our second one in April so I've been looking for a smaller infant carrier to fit in the F. i haven't actually test fit this particular seat yet.

i've also installed our Recaro ProSport convertible [in rear facing] for our toddler in the F before. like others said, it fits, but definitely not comfortable like in our larger SUV.
Thanks. i will check wify's baby shower list and see if this is the same maxi-cosi, thanks!
Old 01-15-13, 10:01 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
Thanks man. Please share what model / brand you're using. It's also good to know cuz my wife is also 5'6 so buying the ISF shouldn't be a problem...
I will post the info with pictures when I get home. I know our forward facing is bigger/bulkeier than most seats. We just decided to keep it as we already had it from our previous infant. They are not in the seat forever so it's a compromise for the time being.
Old 01-15-13, 10:09 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

I went with the Britax B-Safe rear facing infant seat... actually, I bought the Britax Travel System which came with the stroller and infant seat. Here's a pic of my daughter when she still was using it:

Check out their website and reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Agile.../dp/B005JCPKVI

But now, she's forward facing in these puppies
Old 01-15-13, 10:18 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

I would say our seat leaves about the same amount of leg room as iH8ricerz pictured above.
Old 01-15-13, 01:00 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kauaian
I would say our seat leaves about the same amount of leg room as iH8ricerz pictured above.
Same here.
Old 01-15-13, 02:05 PM
tonyrd1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I went with the Britax B-Safe rear facing infant seat... actually, I bought the Britax Travel System which came with the stroller and infant seat. Here's a pic of my daughter when she still was using it:

Check out their website and reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Agile.../dp/B005JCPKVI

But now, she's forward facing in these puppies
I think i might grab the Britax system since its on sale right now , where did you bought the Recaro seats?
Old 01-15-13, 03:46 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hehehe i have the limited edition recaro proride convertible...make sure to get the seat protectors and isofix or towels to make the seat sit right. use the latch system if its available.
Old 01-15-13, 05:16 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Originally Posted by tonyrd1
I think i might grab the Britax system since its on sale right now , where did you bought the Recaro seats?
Gotta love Amazon!

Evil Teo - Did you use a towel? I only used the seat protector, but it seems like my daughter is reclined more than I'd like in her seat.
Old 01-16-13, 05:10 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

our forward facing seat is a graco and as mentioned above you have to fold up a towel to place under the base because of the depth of the seat. Our base is adjustable which also helps with the angle of the seat. The booster is a basic Eddie Bauer we purchased years ago at SAMs club.

Old 01-16-13, 04:51 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Gotta love Amazon!

Evil Teo - Did you use a towel? I only used the seat protector, but it seems like my daughter is reclined more than I'd like in her seat.
Yes i use the towels to level the car seat correctly. I'm not sure if it will help on yours. I have the proride convertible and you have the proride combination. Try it if yours is not sitting right.
Old 07-14-13, 07:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I did a lot of research into this and came up with the Cybex Aton 2 as the best option for rear facing. It's the smallest of all the options at 26" installed, and it's the only one that is dead simple to use without the base, so when you travel by plane or in a car you don't own (like a taxi). It uses the LATCH system, so it's dead easy to move the base.
Do you have a small car? Does the adult in front need to move his/her seat all the way back?
The Cybex takes up the least amount of space front-back, the Chicco just an inch more than the Cybex, and the Graco a smidge more than the Chicco – and the Britax a little more than the Graco.
I'll post pics when I do the test fit. Oh yeah, it's only 8.8 lbs empty and it fits in any Maxi Cosi compatible stroller. The wife thinks that totally rocks.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 07-14-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-15-13, 08:33 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I did a lot of research into this and came up with the Cybex Aton 2 as the best option for rear facing. It's the smallest of all the options at 26" installed, and it's the only one that is dead simple to use without the base, so when you travel by plane or in a car you don't own (like a taxi). It uses the LATCH system, so it's dead easy to move the base.

I'll post pics when I do the test fit. Oh yeah, it's only 8.8 lbs empty and it fits in any Maxi Cosi compatible stroller. The wife thinks that totally rocks.
thanks for the input, not sure why you are researching...
are u expecting a baby soon?
if you are Congratz!!!
Old 07-15-13, 10:51 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I've gone through this dilemma recently, but try fitting twins in the back seat of an ISF

The seats I'm using right now are the Cybex Sirona (they're huge but the seats can rotate which makes it easy to take the kids in and out of the car)

The seats in the pic above were the Cybex Aton which are smaller than the Sirona.
Old 07-15-13, 11:05 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Atleast you have room to drive your car... I don't think with my britax system installed behind my seat would even allow me to squeeze into the driver seat. Going to have to look into this system with another one on the way
Old 07-15-13, 12:57 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Well I can just about fit, but its uncomfortable for long journeys

Quick Reply: Rear facing infant seat?