IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IJDMTOY DRL LED's w/ new slim decoder - installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 04:18 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Boma
^^ the high beams act as the daytime running lights at low power (on '08 to '10 models I believe).. LEDs are dim in comparison to stock halogen lights.

^ the high beam functionality is compromised, but it is not lost completely. The low beam projector actually has a "flap" that opens and closes when you toggle the high beam. So you will still have the high beam and it will be noticeable to other drivers, it just won't be as bright.

In my experience, I use the old module/decoder and the fuse for the high beam blows out if I use the high beam for too long, killing the DRL functionality. I keep a pack of low-profile 15amp fuses handy just in case.
Darn guess I will have to keep the ugly halogen bulbs then cause I do to much long distance traveling and lots of it is at night so I use my high beams a lot.
Old 09-13-12, 11:27 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What exactly did you order
Old 09-13-12, 09:14 PM
rc2o6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered from ijdmtoy's vendor classified's thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-and-hids.html

Here's the link from ijdmtoy's website: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Da...d_sku45_r4.htm

You'll want to ask for the slim decoders (just in case) when placing the order. If you order directly from their website, it'll come with the older bigger style decoders.

I got the new redesigned slim decoders that fit right into the dust cap covers without any hiccups. No need to reverse the plugs either, just plug and play setup

Originally Posted by zapa
What exactly did you order
Old 09-14-12, 11:48 AM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good Roger! I'm glad that you posted this up. May we use the pictures on our website for future customers to reference to?

And for those who are interested in this similar setup, please feel free to PM me and I'll set you up with the same thing Roger has.
Old 09-15-12, 11:10 PM
1scGS450h
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iJDMTOY
Looks good Roger! I'm glad that you posted this up. May we use the pictures on our website for future customers to reference to?

And for those who are interested in this similar setup, please feel free to PM me and I'll set you up with the same thing Roger has.

Saw these in person, and they look great! I will def pick up one for my 3rd gen GS.. talk to roger himself and he stated ijdmtoy def hooked it up.. So i'll be pming you ijdmtoy soon. Got a few other things i will be picking up too!

Big ups for a clean install and great review!

-VN aka 1scGS450h
Old 09-16-12, 12:07 AM
rc2o6
Driver

Hey Thura,
Yes, you're welcome to use my photos for future reference
Originally Posted by iJDMTOY

Thanks Vic
Originally Posted by 1scGS450h

Saw these in person, and they look great! I will def pick up one for my 3rd gen GS.. talk to roger himself and he stated ijdmtoy def hooked it up.. So i'll be pming you ijdmtoy soon. Got a few other things i will be picking up too!

Big ups for a clean install and great review!

-VN aka 1scGS450h
Old 01-10-13, 08:09 PM
Asianjedi
Driver School Candidate

This is definitely going on my list of future mods.
Old 01-11-13, 05:21 AM
atl08isf
Rookie

I bought this kit last night from their website, can't wait for them to come in
Old 04-29-13, 04:15 PM
tokio417
Driver School Candidate

If you run the lights without the DRL housing cover will moisture seek in? The decoder I got is a bit big and I'm not sure if its the new slim one or not but theres no way I found a way to hide it inside the headlight housing.
Old 04-29-13, 04:19 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tokio417
If you run the lights without the DRL housing cover will moisture seek in? The decoder I got is a bit big and I'm not sure if its the new slim one or not but theres no way I found a way to hide it inside the headlight housing.
Moisture will not get into the headlight housing as long as the o-rings on your bulbs are still well and good. The cover is just to prevent dust from getting inside the housing and to keep it a neater look inside the engine bay.

JUST A HEADS UP TO EVERYBODY, WE NO LONGER CARRY THE SLIM DECODERS DUE TO THEIR LOW POPULARITY, ALL THE KITS WE HAVE NOW ARE ONLY SOLD WITH THE REGULAR DECODERS.
Old 06-12-13, 08:18 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the new ijdmtoy decoder can be tucked under the moisture cover so it can be closed?
Old 06-13-13, 09:48 PM
SamIsf23
Driver

Nice!
Old 06-13-13, 10:10 PM
BlueMicaF
Driver School Candidate

Lookin good. I have a similar setup too
Old 06-14-13, 05:55 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rsg
Does anyone know if the new ijdmtoy decoder can be tucked under the moisture cover so it can be closed?
Should be able to. Even the bulkier decoders can be tucked inside.
Old 06-14-13, 03:23 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

i have these and even though I had to do some fabrication to the dust covers on install....I am very pleased with this product. much better than oem..

Quick Reply: IJDMTOY DRL LED's w/ new slim decoder - installed