IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal

Old 09-10-12, 08:42 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal

I have been planning to share everything I have done with my car in a build thread but have to find some time to get all the pics together. For now I thought I would share a quick project that I just finished and show off FIGS beautiful foot plate as well as a new offering from Nigel-JDM Parts.
Nigel got me the E-brake pedal pad that matches the stock pedals and I came up with a quick and sturdy mounting solution. He clams that it is the first one installed on an ISF in the U.S. so my install tip may come in handy to others.
The FIGS foot plate is something that FIGS has offered for a sometime but they had been out of stock for a while. I had asked him to send me one when he made some more and I was very happy when I received it. It's a real nice part and was worth the wait because it complements the pedal set very well, adds a unique touch and saves the floor mat. The install of the foot plate is super easy and could be completed by a 10 year old.

I made a metal plate that fits in the rubber pedal that mimics the stock design for this pedal pad, drilled two small holes in the pedal arm, fasted the plate to it with screws and nyloc nuts and slipped the pedal pad on. It took about 10 minutes total and looks and feels stock.

This was a pretty low cost aesthetic upgrade that I am very pleased with, I hope you guys enjoy it.
Thanks again to Mike and Nigel.
Old 09-10-12, 09:00 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, and nice work on the E-brake pedal
Old 09-10-12, 09:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

I have my ebrake pad for close to three years now:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...88-ebrake.html

Lou
Attached Thumbnails FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal-e-brakes.jpg  
Old 09-10-12, 09:43 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Lou, please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from your idea. I was actually inspired my your pedal pad install. I have Ultimate Pedals saved in my bookmarks
Once I had noticed what you had done I looked around to see what my options where.
The pad Nigel got me is an OEM Toyota/Lexus part that guys in Japan have been using.
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/pedal-for-foot-brake
I had him send me one and when I recived it we learned that it is a direct replacement for most Toyota/Lexus cars but not the ISF. He did a little research and found that guys in Japan have been glueing the pad to the stock rubber pad. I have knocked my stock rubber pad off with my foot a few times I didn't like the idea of glueing on something bigger to kick off. That is what lead me to fabbing the little mounting plate. Using this part is what's new but not the idea of changing the e-brake pedal pad.
Old 09-10-12, 10:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's a great look. I wish it came like that from the factory. The PUSH ON/OFF is already known by those who regularly use the e-brake, so having a sport pedal there certainly gives it a nicer look.
Old 09-10-12, 10:18 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RCB
Lou, please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from your idea. I was actually inspired my your pedal pad install.
Nope, I didn't. I just wanted to let folks know that it had been done before. Your solution looks more elegant than mine but I'm still happy with my pad. It looks like you have the new TSB Gas Pedal. I still have the old one. That TSB and the corresponding ECU changes will never be done to my car while I still own it.

Lou
Old 09-11-12, 01:07 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!
Old 09-11-12, 04:59 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

I like this a lot. Really adds to the interior plus serves a purpose. Very nice!
Old 09-11-12, 06:03 AM
kteng7
Driver

Looks good, I like it!
Old 09-11-12, 07:30 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Nope, I didn't. I just wanted to let folks know that it had been done before. Your solution looks more elegant than mine but I'm still happy with my pad. It looks like you have the new TSB Gas Pedal. I still have the old one. That TSB and the corresponding ECU changes will never be done to my car while I still own it.

Lou
Maybe the TSB may have been done before I bought the car in March. I'll have to go for a ride and test it.
I'm with you on not doing it, if I had it my way I would have avoided it. I refused to do it to my IS250 and I still don't think it has been done. I told the new owner that I never had it changed and it was up to them to do it.

To everyone else.....Thanks for the complements. I'm happy everyone likes it so far.
Old 09-11-12, 07:59 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not thread jacking, but since this is about e-brakes, how often do all of you use the e-brake? I almost never use it, unless I am parking on a really steep incline/decline.
Old 09-11-12, 08:28 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

One of my driveways is on a bit of a hill so I will put mine on before putting the car in park when I'm parked there to avoid loading all the weight on the parking pawl. Other then that almost never.
Old 09-11-12, 10:35 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nice!

i use my parking brake all the time
Old 09-11-12, 11:08 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Not thread jacking, but since this is about e-brakes, how often do all of you use the e-brake? I almost never use it, unless I am parking on a really steep incline/decline.
In a word - ALWAYS. It's there, why would you not use something that's so easy to apply and is an added feature to make sure your car stays put. I know a lot of you don't use the ebrake and some of my friends don't. There have been threads on this subject on this very website. But again, why not?

Lou
Old 09-11-12, 12:05 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Not to thread jack... Like the e-brake pad btw RCB! but why the opposition to the TSB gas pedal changes? I've seen this mentioned a few times on other threads and am curious...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal