IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 12:28 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Lookin good guys... I've driven a car with a foot plate before and I actually found it some what slippery if my shoes were wet. Do you have the same issue?
Old 09-11-12, 01:16 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say time for a GB from Figs and Nigel. Im game
Old 09-11-12, 03:38 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Not to thread jack... Like the e-brake pad btw RCB! but why the opposition to the TSB gas pedal changes? I've seen this mentioned a few times on other threads and am curious...
2 reasons.

1. I don't like the shape of the revised gas pedal, the bottom is different, and IMHO, it looks really funky.

2. There is an ECU reflash that cuts engine power if the gas and brake are applied simultaneously. There are times, when I'm powering through a corner that I brake and accelerate at the same time. I don't want or need any nannies.

See here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-recall-4.html

http://www.lexus.com/recall/

Lou
Old 09-11-12, 04:03 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice touch to the interior!
Old 09-11-12, 05:58 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Lookin good guys... I've driven a car with a foot plate before and I actually found it some what slippery if my shoes were wet. Do you have the same issue?
FIGS foot plate won't let your foot slip. The area at the top of each circle is raised just enough to add traction.
Old 09-11-12, 06:04 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STGSC400
I say time for a GB from Figs and Nigel. Im game
If you can't get the group buy going all the parts only come to $120 so it's one of the cheapest upgrades you can do to the F

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Not to thread jack... Like the e-brake pad btw RCB! but why the opposition to the TSB gas pedal changes? I've seen this mentioned a few times on other threads and am curious...

I would give you the same two answers as Lou. I really don't want a Nannie stopping me from heel/toe driving.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-11-12 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-11-12, 07:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I wouldn't heel toe the F. I just left foot brake sometimes and I don't want the power to get shut off and spin me into the tulips.
Old 09-11-12, 08:18 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I love this improvement!

Digger08
Old 09-13-12, 12:41 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by digger08
I love this improvement!

Digger08
Thanks, gald you like it.
Old 07-21-14, 09:59 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Lou, please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from your idea. I was actually inspired my your pedal pad install. I have Ultimate Pedals saved in my bookmarks
Once I had noticed what you had done I looked around to see what my options where.
The pad Nigel got me is an OEM Toyota/Lexus part that guys in Japan have been using.
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/pedal-for-foot-brake
I had him send me one and when I recived it we learned that it is a direct replacement for most Toyota/Lexus cars but not the ISF. He did a little research and found that guys in Japan have been glueing the pad to the stock rubber pad. I have knocked my stock rubber pad off with my foot a few times I didn't like the idea of glueing on something bigger to kick off. That is what lead me to fabbing the little mounting plate. Using this part is what's new but not the idea of changing the e-brake pedal pad.
Looking to buy the aluminum parking pedal in the link for my ISF.

It says modification needed, what exactly is the modification? Do I have to fabricate my own custom plate in order to mount this aluminum pedal?

Thanks.
Old 07-21-14, 10:58 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, you will have to make a plate that will accept the pad as shown in the photos from the original post.
Old 07-22-14, 09:49 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Not thread jacking, but since this is about e-brakes, how often do all of you use the e-brake? I almost never use it, unless I am parking on a really steep incline/decline.
Originally Posted by RCB
One of my driveways is on a bit of a hill so I will put mine on before putting the car in park when I'm parked there to avoid loading all the weight on the parking pawl. Other then that almost never.
i use it all the time as well. what i have found though is that if you apply it too soon, the shift lever never quite clicks into place in 'P'. like i have to let it roll ever so slightly before the shifter clicks, but prior to the car rocking into place as if the tranny is holding the weight of the car in place. which i don't like and is why i use the e-brake to begin with.

anyone have a similar experience.

also, OP, love the e brake plate, looks great. the floor piece though, not so much a fan, seems like would hurt my heel in flip flops. ha
Old 12-08-14, 12:39 PM
Sridz1991
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Willing to fabricate for us?

I want to get this done but dont have the fabrication tools to do it. Will you be willing to fabricate one and ship it along and I can pay you via paypal. Love this
Old 12-08-14, 01:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks cool but never understood why these are mounted when they slip with wet shoes. The rubber ones do not as easily .
Old 12-08-14, 05:58 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the e-brake pedal as well and installation is really quite easy. You'll need a strip of sheet metal, sheet metal straight nippers, a couple of screws with washers and nuts and a drill with drill bit. All materials were bought at Lowes. Measure and cut the sheet metal to create the backing plate. Drill two holes into the pedal and new backing plate. Bolt it all together and stretch on your new pedal cover.
I had to do it a couple of times to get the size just right. At first the backing plate wasn't wide enough and would pop off if I hit it with my foot while getting out of the car. I made a second one that was wider and haven't had any issues since.
I also use my e-brake every time I park and even in the wettest conditions my foot has never slipped off. It's the exact material as our other two pedals. I assumed it was a clutch pedal cover for another Toyota model.
Good luck!
Originally Posted by Sridz1991
I want to get this done but dont have the fabrication tools to do it. Will you be willing to fabricate one and ship it along and I can pay you via paypal. Love this

Quick Reply: FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal