IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lowered on Swift springs and new grill and lights!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 09:27 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowered on Swift springs and new grill and lights! Update!!!!

Plasti-dipped the car today. Thought the grill turned out really well with the new black lights. Also, changed out my hi-beams to match my lows. They don't make the reflectors look blue like that when they're off though (flash from camera did that).

Also, lowered my fron't end only on swift springs. The front and the back have almost exact wheel gaps. The back stock height is still just a tad lower, but hopefully those Swifts will settle 1/8 - 1/4". Anyway, so much better! Also getting some 15mm spacers for all 4 corners Monday (I know, but don't care, so don't even bring it up).
Any the camber is WAY off from front left to front right. I'm guessing it could be this way from the factory since I still have a very minor pull to the right. Car still feels the same. Here's the alignment specs. Can't do anything about that camber.

UPDATE!

This is a picture with the front only lowered on Swift springs.

These are all pictures of the front AND rear lowered on Swifts with 15 mm H&R spacers all around.

So........................I went back and forth with myself, my installer, my friend, and several of you guys on whether or not to put the rears springs on. I finally decided last night (while at the installer) to go ahead with it. My installer was hesitant to do it after putting all the spacers on. After installing the rear springs, we actually couldn't even really tell a difference. We DID trim the rear bump stops inside the rear springs 1/2" as per the instructions in the box. All in all, I'm very happy with the look and the funny thing is, the back fenders still measure 26" from the ground (the same as with the stock springs). The front fenders also measure 26" from the ground. This is taking a tape measure from the ground and running it up the center of the wheel to the fender.

Last edited by PhiDeltBee; 09-12-12 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-04-12, 09:39 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Car looks good..and great color choice I'm assuming those swift springs will settle down a little bit, or atleast I'm hoping so. I just ordered a set of swift springs as well, and debating if I should put the front and rears or just the fronts like you did. Notice any difference in ride quality?
Old 09-04-12, 09:42 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks good. Let me know how the spacers go? Im also looking at getting a set to get my wheels flush. I already have 245/275 tires on it.
Old 09-04-12, 09:44 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Car looks good..and great color choice I'm assuming those swift springs will settle down a little bit, or atleast I'm hoping so. I just ordered a set of swift springs as well, and debating if I should put the front and rears or just the fronts like you did. Notice any difference in ride quality?
You only need the front to even out the gap. It will not make the ride comfort any better on an 08 ISF. Thats why I got the KW V3's. It totally change the ride comfort on the car.
Old 09-04-12, 09:52 PM
tonyrd1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

love the grill I can't wait to do mine
Old 09-04-12, 10:49 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

My car is a 2011 and I couldn't tell a difference in the way the car handles now.

I'm plastidipping my exhaust tips right now! Hopefully they don't get too hot....no mufflers.
Old 09-04-12, 10:50 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

I agree only use the front springs or the back will sit much lower than the front just like stock all over again. I went back and forth as well.
Old 09-04-12, 11:19 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Car looks great. Like the front end shot.
Old 09-05-12, 09:14 AM
robbys3m3
Driver

looks great!
Old 09-05-12, 09:22 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Looking
Old 09-05-12, 11:30 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet! The drop looks almost even with the rear, keep us updated with pics when the springs settled...
Old 09-05-12, 12:18 PM
robbys3m3
Driver

i saw brad's car a couple hours ago and it looks amazing in person. the matte black accents on starfire really look great. as mentioned, the wheel gap front to rear is damn-near even and is how I would want it ...i wouldnt do the rear spring swap if it was mine, especially since the teins on my 08 were a touch too low for my liking in the rear.
Old 09-05-12, 02:15 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Thanks Robbie! I just posted a thread showing my blacked out exhaust tips. I think I like that part better than any other, besides the drop.
Old 09-05-12, 02:18 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

By the way, for you guys that have alignment issues, such as myself, Lexus told me they'd have to do a sub-frame adjustment. Geeze! It's always something. That being said, my tires don't show any premature wear at 8400 miles, so I might just live with it. Just hate knowing the camber's that far off. Hard to believe a $70k car would come from the factory like that.
Old 09-05-12, 02:23 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that, my friend, looks nice. And classy. I've always loved that color, but that really sets it off. Great job.

Quick Reply: Lowered on Swift springs and new grill and lights!