IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

rear facing infant child seat in the isf

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-12, 08:51 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear facing infant child seat in the isf

Was wondering what is the best option for the isf was. I have a child on the way and need to find a good seat that will fit.
Old 09-03-12, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

rear facing? good luck. if i had the kind of trouble i had with my 3gs, i can only imagine isf. the passenger front seat probably will suffer big time.
Old 09-03-12, 09:13 PM
Sgt350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the Britax chaperone, its probably one of the largest ones out there but one of the safest. It fits fine however the front seat leaves a lil bit of space
Old 09-03-12, 09:24 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a graco snug rider (I think that's what it's called), and it fits fine. My wife still has room up front, but she is only 5'2". I actually got an ISF for my weekend car when our child was born. My previous weekend car was an s2000 so it had to go. The ISF was a "family car" that fits a baby seat there is a thread on this subject with pics. I used it to help me decide in car seat. Congrats btw!
Old 09-03-12, 09:48 PM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear facing leaves no room for the front...and with the incline in the rear seats u got to make sure to pick out the right base..the f is not really designed to accomadate a baby seat
Old 09-03-12, 10:13 PM
huksa
Rookie

I don't have a photo of a proper rear-facing seat, though....

I've used a Taketa rear-facing seat in the ISF. It was fine as long as it is fitted behind passenger seat. I am 6' 2 and my wife is 5' 6.. She has no problem making herself comfortable in the front.

Sometimes I'd put the rear-facer behind myself.. It was not bad but for the fact that backside of the driver's seat rubs the rear-facing baby seat.
Old 09-04-12, 03:11 AM
tomkirklan
Driver

Check out the Chico key fit 35. It worked great with the F and is rated high in safety. Congrats.
Old 09-04-12, 05:14 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I have nothing but Recaro car seats..they fit in the back without a problem. I do have to push the passenger seat up a bit when my 2 year old is in the car.

Otherwise we just use the 4Runner for taking the family anywhere.
Old 09-04-12, 05:53 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I have both a rear-facing and front facing car seat for my IS-F. The rear facing seat is a Graco SnugRide 35 (I think). We use our Highlander for child transportation 90% of the time, but when I take the kids in my IS-F, everything fits perfectly fine. I have the front facing seat behind my seat and I have no adjustments to my seating position. The rear facing seat is behind the passenger seat, and my wife, who is 5'1" has no adjustments to be made to her seating position as well. I just program that side as seating position #2. When I have taller co-workers or passengers in my car, I put it on seating position #1, and my 6'4" co-worker fits just fine (without the car seat in there, of course).

Unless your wife is over say 5'9" or 5'10" you probably won't have to make any adjustments at all. I would suggest you put the rear-facing seat behind the passenger seat though so the driver's seating position doesn't have to change.

Part of the reason I got this car was for the fact that we could take the whole family in it if we wanted to.
Old 09-04-12, 08:45 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you should be able to fit if the passenger is small...I know I had to move the passenger seat all the way up to fit the Graco rear facing baby seat. With front facing you have more room to play with. i also notice that Chico seems to be a little bit smaller compared to others. I would just go to baby r us and test fit all the seat and see which one fits best and that is easy to use for you. the best seat is the one that is placed and used properly. apply pressure with your knee on the seat if your using the latch system. the seat isn't suppose to move. u might want to get those car seat protector to protect your leather. I also notice that some people actually put like a small towel to level the seat.
Old 09-04-12, 09:01 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
you should be able to fit if the passenger is small...I know I had to move the passenger seat all the way up to fit the Graco rear facing baby seat. With front facing you have more room to play with. i also notice that Chico seems to be a little bit smaller compared to others. I would just go to baby r us and test fit all the seat and see which one fits best and that is easy to use for you. the best seat is the one that is placed and used properly. apply pressure with your knee on the seat if your using the latch system. the seat isn't suppose to move. u might want to get those car seat protector to protect your leather. I also notice that some people actually put like a small towel to level the seat.
Yes, I made a mistake above... I have the Chicco seat, not the Graco seat (always get those two confused). I also have towels under the seats to help with leveling and protect the leather from deep creases.

If the F couldn't hold two car seats, I simply would not have been able to convince my wife to let me get it.
Old 09-04-12, 12:55 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I was going to create a thread like this soon too, but you beat me to it. I'm currently using the Britax B-Agile rear facing infant seat in the F.... luckily my wife is only 5'0 cause the passenger seat has to go all the way forward in order for the car seat to fit. She only weighs 19 lbs now at 9 months so as soon as she weighs or is tall enough, I'm going to look into the forward facing recaro seats.
Old 09-04-12, 01:37 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I was going to create a thread like this soon too, but you beat me to it. I'm currently using the Britax B-Agile rear facing infant seat in the F.... luckily my wife is only 5'0 cause the passenger seat has to go all the way forward in order for the car seat to fit. She only weighs 19 lbs now at 9 months so as soon as she weighs or is tall enough, I'm going to look into the forward facing recaro seats.
thats what I have but its the convertible one...limited edition with black and silver carbon fiber to match the interior of course...hehehe
Old 09-04-12, 06:28 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-is-f.html
Old 09-04-12, 09:51 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning of my daughter in her car seat in the F....

Quick Reply: rear facing infant child seat in the isf