IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

rear facing infant child seat in the isf

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 05:27 AM
Ryanmac
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny... I just bought the Britax B-Safe because it doesn't have that bar that gets in the way like the Chaparone. It seemed to fit while at the store, but I haven't buckled it down yet. The passenger seat will be jammed up front.

When the guy walked out with me to compare fitment, he stopped in his tracks and said "you're going to put THIS in THAT?!" and made a comment about how babies shouldn't be allowed in such nice cars. Haha. 95% of the time she'll be in the X5 but you have to be prepared!

Then, when back inside and talking to a different manager-type, I only mentioned that I had an IS (left off the F to avoid confusion). He suggested the middle back seat. When I said that I don't have one, he lit up and said "you've got an ISF? very nice!". It turned out that he used to sell (Lexus's, Lexi, Lexuses - what is the plural of Lexus?)
Old 09-05-12, 11:20 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

So I have the Britax B-Safe infant car seat and the Britax B-Agile stroller... Here's how much room I'm working with. As you can see, its not much. The front seat has to be all the way forward in order for the car seat to snap in place.

And I bought this:
Amazon Amazon
for the ISF and my Infiniti to protect the leather seats
Old 09-05-12, 11:23 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmac
Funny... I just bought the Britax B-Safe because it doesn't have that bar that gets in the way like the Chaparone. It seemed to fit while at the store, but I haven't buckled it down yet. The passenger seat will be jammed up front.

When the guy walked out with me to compare fitment, he stopped in his tracks and said "you're going to put THIS in THAT?!" and made a comment about how babies shouldn't be allowed in such nice cars. Haha. 95% of the time she'll be in the X5 but you have to be prepared!

Then, when back inside and talking to a different manager-type, I only mentioned that I had an IS (left off the F to avoid confusion). He suggested the middle back seat. When I said that I don't have one, he lit up and said "you've got an ISF? very nice!". It turned out that he used to sell (Lexus's, Lexi, Lexuses - what is the plural of Lexus?)
Haha, that's funny. Yes, I'm the same as you though... 95% of the time the big rear-facing seat is in our other car, but you do have to be prepared! My youngest is 14 months though, so we're probably at that point or very close to it where we can switch to front facing seats and solve the space issue entirely.

It's cool to see so many others out there with baby seats in the IS-F. Everyone at my office thinks it is hilarious that this is what I chose as my "family sedan" when it was finally time to get rid of the sports car.
Old 09-05-12, 12:09 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all the threads, this one called my attention. Seriously, i need to start thinking about the babies! Lol
Old 09-05-12, 12:11 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

The best option is used middle seat on the back, you wont have any trouble event big guy.
Car seat is secure between driver and passenger front seat. Too bad i don't have pic of it
Old 09-05-12, 12:31 PM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitebeast
The best option is used middle seat on the back, you wont have any trouble event big guy.
Car seat is secure between driver and passenger front seat. Too bad i don't have pic of it
True but on the isf their is no middle seat
Old 09-05-12, 01:38 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Originally Posted by whitebeast
My boss has a recaro baby seat in the middle of his back seat in his 2010 IS350... there's been a couple of occasions where I had to sit in the back to go to lunch with him, and honestly, there is barely enough room for me to squeeze in there. I'm only 5'7 and 160 lbs... and I have to sit sideways since the car seat takes up most of the room back there. Even if the ISF had a middle seat, I'd probably still stick it behind the passenger.
Old 11-02-12, 04:19 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Visiting this thread again... do any of you have a front face car seat for your kid/s in the back seat? My daughter is out growing her infant car seat so its time get her something new.... I was looking at the Recaro ProSport convertible seat since it converts into a booster as she gets older, but I thought I'd ask you guys first. I wanted to find something that was safe and gave my child and the person in the front seat enough leg room.

Any help with pics would be appreciated!