IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Navigation slow

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-12, 01:25 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Navigation slow *updated with video*

Has anyone had a lagging navigation system? When I'm driving the triangle that represents the vehicle is about 2 seconds slower which results in me not knowing what the next street light is. Could it be the GPS? Or does the system need to be re calibrated? I'm unsure of how to approach this.

BTW: 2008 IS-F ML

Last edited by ISFpat; 09-19-12 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-01-12, 07:15 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

mine isn't very smooth...it inches along as I'm driving, but I haven't relied on it yet. Haven't figured out how to have it call out turn by turn instead of me having to look down at the screen. I should look into the manual...
Old 09-02-12, 03:52 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's prob the worst nav of any $60k car ever made. Love the car but would like to throw nav out the window most times i use mine. I can't get the voice to work either
Old 09-18-12, 02:10 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

bump. I haven't figured out if this is a problem with the navi or its normal.
Old 09-18-12, 04:38 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never noticed this problem, then again I've never used it
Old 09-18-12, 05:06 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
bump. I haven't figured out if this is a problem with the navi or its normal.
I used to have this issue and then I upgraded software, and have never had this problem again.

2008 usually has v7.1, mine went away on version 9.1, as well as the I agree button no longer has to be pushed (Automatically disappears).
10.1 also worked perfectly
The most recent version is 11.1 and my is running smooth for about 6 months.
They are always adding newer mapping and different or improved functionality of buttons and controls with each upgraded version.

Try the Nav upgrade I think it will resolve your issues with the "you are here" positioning monicker.

Digger08
Old 09-18-12, 05:10 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me ask you a question on the top left hand corner does it say 300ML and then GPS under that ?
Old 09-18-12, 05:37 PM
lilcop17
Driver

Mine used to lag til I changed the battery (weird) but I love the turn by turn direction! I can't always count on the iPhone
Old 09-18-12, 06:29 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
It's prob the worst nav of any $60k car ever made. Love the car but would like to throw nav out the window most times i use mine. I can't get the voice to work either
Really? I think this Navi is actually really good. It's never done me wrong and I use it pretty often because I'm in sales and I travel around a lot....

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Has anyone had a lagging navigation system? When I'm driving the triangle that represents the vehicle is about 2 seconds slower which results in me not knowing what the next street light is. Could it be the GPS? Or does the system need to be re calibrated? I'm unsure of how to approach this.

BTW: 2008 IS-F ML
you just have to get used to looking ahead. It's like when you put in an address, it's always going to say "you have arrived at your destination, your route guidance is now finished", but you're actually like two seconds behind...

Your Navi will make two "ding ding" noises right before you need to turn...I've gotten into the habit of actually listening to it because I think mine is pretty accurate as far as when you need to turn...I hear "ding ding" and i'm turning within 1 second.
Old 09-18-12, 06:48 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess for Miami it sucks. 80% of the time its wrong or can't find an address. Worst layout/navigation I've ever used. A 80 dollar TomTom is whoa better
Old 09-18-12, 07:12 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Navigation

Besides not having the newest Nav Disc installed. Sometimes you will find that the initial setup of the navigation will cause problems.

If your set up in the wrong area. Have the limitations unchecked. Have the cruise speed setting incorrect. It will cause the navigation to be off.
Old 09-18-12, 08:54 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

^^^Cruise speed is something that I think affects only the ETA rather than how fast the car actually moves on the map no?
Old 09-18-12, 09:16 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vicsis250
Let me ask you a question on the top left hand corner does it say 300ML and then GPS under that ?
I will check later on today.

Originally Posted by digger08
I used to have this issue and then I upgraded software, and have never had this problem again.

2008 usually has v7.1, mine went away on version 9.1, as well as the I agree button no longer has to be pushed (Automatically disappears).
10.1 also worked perfectly
The most recent version is 11.1 and my is running smooth for about 6 months.
They are always adding newer mapping and different or improved functionality of buttons and controls with each upgraded version.

Try the Nav upgrade I think it will resolve your issues with the "you are here" positioning monicker.

Digger08
Will this erase the dvd bypass? I will check for the most recent version.. where do I purchase this navi upgrade?

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Really? I think this Navi is actually really good. It's never done me wrong and I use it pretty often because I'm in sales and I travel around a lot....

you just have to get used to looking ahead. It's like when you put in an address, it's always going to say "you have arrived at your destination, your route guidance is now finished", but you're actually like two seconds behind...

Your Navi will make two "ding ding" noises right before you need to turn...I've gotten into the habit of actually listening to it because I think mine is pretty accurate as far as when you need to turn...I hear "ding ding" and i'm turning within 1 second.

Its not slow as in it is one second slow.. it is literally 2 seconds slow and that is a long time. The navi will literally be 2 blocks behind me at times and on the freeway it would be at the previous exit marker. That is not acceptable by any means. I am talking about cruising not when it routes me to a place.
Old 09-18-12, 10:33 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

I think recalibrating only changes the position. too....i dunno...2 blocks is crazy... your car like mine is defective...time to sell.
Old 09-19-12, 12:11 AM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

metallic tints usually exacerbate navigation uncertainty...in your case, i can't really say though...as i don't own an isf myself

Quick Reply: Navigation slow