IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C63 AMG story

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 01:23 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C63 AMG story

So i never got around to test driving a C63 before i bought my F so i decided to test drive one today to see if i missed out on something. I went to local Benz dealer and they had a used 2011 one on the lot. Salesguy comes out and really starts to talk up the Benz and asks what i currently drive. I point to my car and he says “No offense but when u test drive this C63 u won't belive the difference between the V8 and ur V6 in ur Lexus“. I told him my car is the F model and has V8 that can hang with the Benz and M3 all day long. He tells me he is pretty sure that Lexus doesn't make a car that has that kind of performance cause he has an LS460 and he knows Lexus vehicles. Anyway, i drove the Benz and it was cool, nothing special except it had nice exhaust note. To me it barely looked any different than the regular C class car next to it. I prob should have taken guy for a ride in my car but he was really irritating me and i just wanted to leave.
Old 08-30-12, 01:28 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of the car salesman i've encountered are like that too...they think they are all knowing car people. It's hilarious to me when I come across sales people like that I love it when i come across a feature that they aren't aware of, but I am. It's funny to watch them explain.
Old 08-30-12, 01:34 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It blows my mind how sooo many car salesmen know nothing about performance cars. The vast majority I have dealt with barely know their product and def dont know the competition. You could read a couple magazines and catch up on all the cars out there in a night!

I was looking at an M5 a few years back.. the salesperson I get: middle aged woman that looks like she came from an 80's movie in her ladysuit. This was at a huge BMW dealer in downtown Chicago. The lady was reading off the listing sheet they have online.. Looked at the alcantera headliner.. "ohh this is nice, never saw DAT before". Itd be one thing at a used car lot with tons of different types.. but this was a BMW dealer, know the cars! I quickly left and bought a different car from a dude who knew his cars.

Last edited by CaptAwsm; 08-30-12 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 01:54 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HA, what an ignorant car salesman, he didn't deserve a ride in the F
Old 08-30-12, 01:59 PM
raceism
Rookie

LOLLL what an idiot!! stupid sales rep's at car dealer... wasn't it pretty fast though?? heard the AMG got almost 500hp and around 450 torque. I def. wanna test my F against that car one of these days.
Old 08-30-12, 02:00 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Lolz, I would ask him drives the C63 AMG and let get it on with the F let see what the v6 can do

Oddly enough i had some fun this morning on the way to work with the new c63 amg sedan lolz. Our F's with bolts on , will give a stock new c63 amg for it money
Old 08-30-12, 02:05 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

When i went to Audi dealer near me when i was deciding between different cars to buy, they had used RS4 on the lot. I was dressed in gym clothes and running shoes. I waited in showroom for 15 mins and no salesperson would wait on me. When one finally agreed to show me the RS4, he says he left keys inside building and would be right back. He finally comes back out and says that i can't drive the car cause he can't find the keys. Classic example of “We don't think u can afford this car“ gimmick that i know they were playing
Old 08-30-12, 02:08 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
When i went to Audi dealer near me when i was deciding between different cars to buy, they had used RS4 on the lot. I was dressed in gym clothes and running shoes. I waited in showroom for 15 mins and no salesperson would wait on me. When one finally agreed to show me the RS4, he says he left keys inside building and would be right back. He finally comes back out and says that i can't drive the car cause he can't find the keys. Classic example of “We don't think u can afford this car“ gimmick that i know they were playing
Right after he says " I cant find the key" u going to pull out of your gym clothes 50 G's and said i was going to pay cash . What will his face shown u then
Old 08-30-12, 02:08 PM
Polkman
Driver

I came from a c63 Amg. All I can say is those who think you can go head to head with one stock is in for an upset. Those cars are beasts, especially with a tune. The torque on those cars is what I miss most, however I can so without the gas mileage. Hence the reason why I switched to the F for practicality. But the fun factor on those cars are amazing.
Old 08-30-12, 02:11 PM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hate car salespeople.....i bumped into a guy from my town at a pizzeria yesterday who has an 09 c63...one time at a light i pulled up w my isf and asked if he thought his car was faster...he laughed and said "let's go at the green"....i was a little surprised that i beat him.....i initially got a one to two car lead....and he was kinda creeping up top end, but not enough...he never got within less than a car length....so i sat down with him, told him about the new gtr and he was upset that he couldn't have another crack at the isf.

just sayin, the isf and c63 are pretty close either way....i've heard the c63 is slightly quicker but who knows. btw, he told me he didnt believe me that all i had was a catback exhaust ....but that iss track one is no joke
Old 08-30-12, 02:11 PM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Polkman
I came from a c63 Amg. All I can say is those who think you can go head to head with one stock is in for an upset. Those cars are beasts, especially with a tune. The torque on those cars is what I miss most, however I can so without the gas mileage. Hence the reason why I switched to the F for practicality. But the fun factor on those cars are amazing.
100% agree stock for stock
Old 08-30-12, 02:18 PM
raceism
Rookie

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Lolz, I would ask him drives the C63 AMG and let get it on with the F let see what the v6 can do

Oddly enough i had some fun this morning on the way to work with the new c63 amg sedan lolz. Our F's with bolts on , will give a stock new c63 amg for it money

That's exactly what I meant hahahahah! with intake, headers and exhaust on the F, I wouldn't be surprised to give a stock new C63 AMG some trouble. My F is ready! hahahah

Ran against new 911 turbo the other day, that thing was QUICK!! but he gave me the "WTF?!?!" look after couple runs in a row on local streets cuz he couldn't believe that I was still stuck on him most of the time.
Old 08-30-12, 02:19 PM
raceism
Rookie

Originally Posted by dLad
100% agree stock for stock

I agree on that as well. stock to stock, C63 AMG will def. win
Old 08-30-12, 02:21 PM
Polkman
Driver

What would you do if she pulled up next to you at a light?
Old 08-30-12, 02:21 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Salesman said the car had 450hp, i think he is right about that. It was def a fast car, prob a touch faster than the F but i would not say it's a blowout massive difference. I guess since i had never seen one in person i was expecting a really striking looking Benz but to me it looked a little on the plain side. I asked salesguy if it was a CPO car and he says they never CPO any AMG car. I told him i saw several CPO C63 cars for sale online when i was car shopping and he said i was mistaken

Quick Reply: C63 AMG story