metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi azure! Very nice car
Old 02-28-15, 09:39 AM
rw3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping this because I'm interested to know if you ever installed the headers Ken. If so, how's the noise with the Greddy?
Old 02-28-15, 01:37 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rw3
Bumping this because I'm interested to know if you ever installed the headers Ken. If so, how's the noise with the Greddy?
Hey bud,

Never installed the headers (still in an unopened box). I am sure the sound would be glorious, but a bit too loud for how I use the car. The car sounds great as is with the GReddy exhaust, so I decided to stand pat.

Ken.
Old 02-28-15, 04:22 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJH
Hey bud,

Never installed the headers (still in an unopened box). I am sure the sound would be glorious, but a bit too loud for how I use the car. The car sounds great as is with the GReddy exhaust, so I decided to stand pat.

Ken.
would you be willing to sell the headers by any chance?
Old 03-02-15, 12:53 AM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NarsISF
would you be willing to sell the headers by any chance?
Not sure at this point. I believe, but do not know for sure, the headers are still available if you're looking to acquire them sooner than later.

Ken.
Old 05-07-15, 12:26 AM
KJH
Intermediate

My car at the 20th annual ALL-TOYOTAFEST:

Toyotafest 2015-72

Toyotafest 2015-141

Ken.
Old 05-07-15, 01:06 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Great looking car, nice mods and love those rear tires
Old 12-03-16, 12:12 AM
KJH
Intermediate

For some reason, my tried and true method for posting pics on CL is no longer working. I recently installed the OS Giken TCD Super Lock LSD in my car and tried to post an update on here to no avail. Those of you who are supraforums members can view the update right here (post #69): http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...4#post13218714.

Suffice it to say, the OSG TCD Super Lock LSD is the best mod I have done to my car. For those of you who can view supraforums, enjoy.

Ken.
Old 12-03-16, 10:37 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, your car is perfection in my eyes.

If I ever were to get another ISF, I would definitely try and replicate your look.

Except it'd be a 2012+

Thumbs up for an amazingly clean build.
Old 12-03-16, 08:48 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep up the good work KJH. Close yet too far Grand Terrace is city behind me and we haven't crossed paths let's see if you come out to a meet soon. Again beautiful collection of cars and tasteful selection in aftermarket parts.
Old 12-04-16, 12:25 AM
KJH
Intermediate

Well, it looks like I may have solved my posting issues. Below is the post I attempted to post yesterday, two which the three preceding posts, including mine, are related:

So, it’s been quite some time since I had a need to update this thread.
A while back, I participated in the SpeedFreaksUSA group buy for the OS Giken TCD Super Lock LSD for the Lexus IS-F.It didn’t take much encouragement on my part, because I have OS Giken clutches on two of my MKIV Supras and the OS Giken Super Lock LSD on those two MKIV Supras as well.Simply put, I am a big fan of OS Giken products and have been using the company’s products since 1998.

I had been in possession of the TCD Super Lock LSD for the better part of a year even though I had intended to have it installed right away. That said, against my better judgment (assuming I have any at all), I have been engaged in simultaneous, multiple car projects, a sure-fire way to go insane.Recently, though, I have been able to make significant progress on all of my projects and, within the next week or so, four cars will be completely done, leaving only one project yet to be completed.

Having extensively modded some of my cars, I have been more judicious (for me) with my IS-F. I mean, every car can’t be a screaming monster and I have taken care to ensure that each of my sporting cars plays a distinct role in my menu of driving activities.By design, my IS-F is not as extensively modded as many on this board, but I will tell you that installation of the OS Giken TCD Super Lock LSD is, without question, the best mod I have installed on the car.The pics below are not a how-to exposition, but I thought CL members would interested in a partial documentation of this process, so here goes: This was the two-box package I received from SpeedFreaksUSA:

Of course, the exhaust (GReddy titanium) has to be removed to gain access to the work area:

OEM innards:

The real deal:

Ancillary parts:

As can be seen by viewing the pics of the OEM unit, the IS-F TORSEN LSD bears more than a passing resemblance to the MKIV Supra TORSEN LSD. I suppose this is to be expected for a tried and true factory diff. No need to reinvent the wheel and another example of the over built approach Toyota took with the IS-F.The factory diff removed as part of the process for installing the OSG has exactly 13,733 miles on it. Initially, I was fired up to sell it and left the OEM bearings in place to avoid any damage that, potentially, could not be seen by the naked eye with their removal. Given the rarity of the car and the MSRP on a new OEM diff, my installer suggested I re-think my position regarding selling.For those that haven’t checked the MSRP for the OEM TORSEN LSD for the IS-F is $4554m plus $100.13 x 2 for the bearings and $40.21 x 2 for the seals. I suppose these prices can be beaten, but probably not by much. Anyway, I left the OEM bearings in place so if ever the need arose to reinstall the unit, I would only have to purchase $80 worth of seals to make it happen.If ever there is another group buy for this product, I would not hesitate if you love to canyon carve like I do or track your car like other members.Thanks for looking.

Ken.

Last edited by KJH; 03-04-17 at 10:51 PM.