Meet Azure - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums


Meet Azure

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-12, 07:25 PM   #46
Individual
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
Individual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lakewood, CA
Posts: 1,649
Default

Azure looks great! Great example of doing it right the first time. I like the vanity plate too and chuckled at that
Individual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 08:48 PM   #47
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
iTrader: (2)
 
lobuxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 15,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJH View Post
Got to thinking about this a bit more and realized that Tire Rack publishes weights of the tires it offers for sale. I checked and, unfortunately, the information is incomplete because it is no longer offering the Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position tire in 255/40/19, the rear size of the OEM tires that came on my 2010 IS-F. Anyway the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, my replacement tires, show a weight of 25-pounds for the 265/35/19s I have in front and 30-pounds for the 305/30/19s I have in the rear.

By contrast, the Bridgestone 225/40/19s that came on the car weigh 26-pounds. As noted, the 255/40/19 is no longer offered, so I checked the weight of the RE050A, a lesser performing tire than the RE050A Pole Positions. This tire weighs 28-pounds but it is unknown if its weight is the same, or different, than the higher performance variant. Hope this helps.
Ken, you're confused. The OEM size is 255/35/19 and still available from all the major retailers. Tire Rack says the OEM Bridgestones weigh 25 lbs front and 27 lbs rear. The Michelins are definitely lighter for all equivalent models.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 11:08 PM   #48
KJH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
Ken, you're confused. The OEM size is 255/35/19....
This is true, LOL. Old age I guess. Thanks as always, Lance. I have always had a difficult time remembering the OEM sizes. I guess it's because I knew they would be gone sooner or later...
KJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 12:06 AM   #49
MjThind
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 552
Default

Sexy, sexy car bro! If you don't mind sharing, how much did the rims cost in total???
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 01:01 PM   #50
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
flowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
The OEM size is 255/35/19 and still available from all the major retailers. Tire Rack says the OEM Bridgestones weigh 25 lbs front and 27 lbs rear. The Michelins are definitely lighter for all equivalent models.
Correct Lance, and that's still the case with the current Bridgestone and Michelin tire models. As most of you know, I am running Bridgestone S-04 in 245/35/19 and 285/30/19 on stock wheels. Because the Michelin PSS doesn't come in the 285 size. However when I compared the weight on my front 245s between the S-04 and the PSS is was 27lbs and 23lbs respectively. Tire Rack listes the tread widths as 8.7" for the S-04 and 9.2" for the PSS, A half inch difference. Other dimensions are the same. The extra four pounds must be in the construction. I have read that the sidewalls or stiffer on the S-04s. But the S-04 and PPS test out similarly except for the Autocross where the PSS holds the edge. I have had my S-04s for over 3 months now, and luv 'em to death.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 08-21-12 at 11:13 PM.
flowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 01:12 PM   #51
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

Lou, i am running the exact same setup as you. They are so good. I would highly recommend.
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 08:22 PM   #52
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Lightbulb

Congrats Ken...!!

Nicely done

Let me know when you install those headers.. It would be a great time to swing bye..

Especially if you're @ SP Engineering.

~ Joe Z
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 09:17 PM   #53
KJH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjthind View Post
Sexy, sexy car bro! If you don't mind sharing, how much did the rims cost in total???
I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I am old school. I was taught that it was rude to ask someone how much they paid for their car, house, wheels....you get the picture. I know in the internet world, it's considered no big deal but I guess it is to me.

I mean you no disrespect, but the price I paid for these wheels is not really achievable by anyone else considering the work we put into the complete package. I am sure DPE will be posting prices sometime in the near future and it would be better if you had the pricing discussion with company representatives rather than me.

The only reason why I mentioned the pricing of the GReddy titanium exhaust earlier in the thread is because GReddy posted introductory pricing and post-introduction pricing on its website well over a year ago and I was surprised more members were not aware of it. Hope you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Congrats Ken...!!

Nicely done

Let me know when you install those headers.. It would be a great time to swing bye..

Especially if you're @ SP Engineering.

~ Joe Z
Joe,

Whenever they are installed, I will be having it done at SP Engineering so I will PM you when I expect this to happen. Thanks for the kind words.
KJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 11:25 PM   #54
MjThind
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJH View Post
I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I am old school. I was taught that it was rude to ask someone how much they paid for their car, house, wheels....you get the picture. I know in the internet world, it's considered no big deal but I guess it is to me.

I mean you no disrespect, but the price I paid for these wheels is not really achievable by anyone else considering the work we put into the complete package. I am sure DPE will be posting prices sometime in the near future and it would be better if you had the pricing discussion with company representatives rather than me.

The only reason why I mentioned the pricing of the GReddy titanium exhaust earlier in the thread is because GReddy posted introductory pricing and post-introduction pricing on its website well over a year ago and I was surprised more members were not aware of it. Hope you understand.
I meant no disrespect to you either, I asked because I really liked your wheels and wanted to buy a set, I get where your coming from I was raised the same way, the only time I ask is when I really really like something and your rims were one of the rare instances I asked, trust me when talking about unachievable amounts of money on rims, I sort of have a addiction for rims and buy any set that looks good for my or my bro's car no matter how long I've had a previous set whether it be a day or a year...
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 12:06 AM   #55
24boosted
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 318
Default

Pretty badass, nice color too.
24boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 07:03 PM   #56
anxiouz
Lead Lap
iTrader: (9)
 
anxiouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 605
Default

I hate to revive threads just because I'm late to the party but I really enjoyed reading through this one. Just wanted to give some kudos to KJH.

Plus, seeing a MKIV Supra TT in the background of a pic is a blessing...let-alone two!
anxiouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 06:17 PM   #57
sleepyray
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
sleepyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 440
Default

Beautiful car indeed
sleepyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-13, 02:35 PM   #58
Gymkata
Lexus Test Driver
 
Gymkata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 965
Default

KJH,

Do you have any additional info to report on your setup? You had mentioned slight rubbing at full lock while reversing from the front tires. Did you ever identify where it is rubbing? I am very interested because I would love to put 265mm front tires on my car and am curious if you would now recommend front offsets a few millimeters more aggressive than you went with (i.e. 9.5"+45 to +47 vice +49)...if it is rubbing on the inside and not on the fender well. Thanks in advance.

BTW, your's is still my favorite wheel tire setup on this forum.
Gymkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 07:02 PM   #59
KJH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 358
Default

Guys, you have my deepest apologies for being MIA on CL, and in my own thread, but I have good reasons. The first is that I am neck-deep in helping to organize the 2013 edition of Supras In Vegas, which is scheduled for October 4-6, 2013. The second reason is, I purchased a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra in excellent condition and proceeded to tear her apart and restore her to a level that should make her good for the next 30 years. The process was INTENSE, but I could not be more pleased with the end result.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 24boosted View Post
Pretty badass, nice color too.
Thanks, bud. I equate USB with the IS-F even though Lexus has diluted its exclusivity by making the color available on other vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
I hate to revive threads just because I'm late to the party but I really enjoyed reading through this one. Just wanted to give some kudos to KJH.

Plus, seeing a MKIV Supra TT in the background of a pic is a blessing...let-alone two!
anxiouz, many thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. I've been MIA as noted above, but not without good reason. Here's a pic of my latest project recently completed:



Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyray View Post
Beautiful car indeed
Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymkata View Post
KJH,

Do you have any additional info to report on your setup? You had mentioned slight rubbing at full lock while reversing from the front tires. Did you ever identify where it is rubbing? I am very interested because I would love to put 265mm front tires on my car and am curious if you would now recommend front offsets a few millimeters more aggressive than you went with (i.e. 9.5"+45 to +47 vice +49)...if it is rubbing on the inside and not on the fender well. Thanks in advance.

BTW, your's is still my favorite wheel tire setup on this forum.
Gymkata,

Sent you a PM. My apologies to you, sir, for the reasons noted and many thanks for your kind words.
KJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 12:13 AM   #60
v8sten
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 293
Default

Bringing this back from the dead. I know its been almost a year since the last post.

I really like the stance of your IS F, looks killer. did you have to roll the fender lip to fit this wheel setup?
v8sten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA NIB PPE IS-F Headers For Sale KJH 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 39 05-11-16 03:08 PM
CA CLEAN, One-owner, 2007 Lexus IS 350 For Sale KJH Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 3 09-03-15 09:16 PM
Es 250 1991 91ES2502 ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 11 11-20-14 01:46 PM
1992 Lexus SC400 in Albuquerque NM $4000 MattSEG Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 11 11-03-14 04:21 PM
Dropped my IS-F with JIC Coilovers for the IS-F CrazyMPG IS F (2008-2014) 74 04-12-09 04:52 AM


Tags
blue, center, clublexus, console, design, exhaust, hipermax, hks, is300, isf, joez, kjh, lsmodels, m1, polished, rear, ultrasonic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved