IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealership scratched my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 05:28 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealership scratched my car

So I went to a Lexus dealership today. I was having problems with my TPMS going off all the time. So I get the car back and there is a pretty good scratch right near the F logo on the driver side of the car. I tell the rep that the scratch was not there before i dropped the car off today. He takes the car over to the detailing center with me in the passenger seat to get the scratch fixed. So they try to buff the scratch out which does not work. So they wet sand it and it looks much better. Mean while its raining out so my whole car is wet. I get home and let my car sit for about 5 hours and it looks terrible now.
Attached Thumbnails Dealership scratched my car-img_0077.jpg   Dealership scratched my car-img_0079.jpg   Dealership scratched my car-img_0080.jpg   Dealership scratched my car-img_0081.jpg  
Old 08-07-12, 05:46 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd make them give me a new F..........
Old 08-07-12, 06:11 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Im going back tomorrow morning to get this taken car of as soon as possible. I will make them repaint that panel. I will also request they detail my whole entire car for the hassle.
Old 08-07-12, 07:52 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer cracked my lower plastic grill and denied doing it. I even found a wrench wedged in it near the crack and they claimed they don't use that brand of tools. They still charged me $250 for the grill and labor even though my fiance and i bought a brand new IS350 from them 6 months ago. Lexus cars a are great but service is absolute ****. Don't expect to get ur car fixed by them if they are anything like Tampa,Fl Lexus
Old 08-07-12, 07:59 PM
7No
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mrd916
My dealer cracked my lower plastic grill and denied doing it. I even found a wrench wedged in it near the crack and they claimed they don't use that brand of tools. They still charged me $250 for the grill and labor even though my fiance and i bought a brand new IS350 from them 6 months ago. Lexus cars a are great but service is absolute ****. Don't expect to get ur car fixed by them if they are anything like Tampa,Fl Lexus
Service is very dealer-dependent. The dealer here in CO has always treated me right. After you get this fixed, try a different one.
Old 08-07-12, 08:10 PM
andysvette
Driver

I had a similar problem at my dealer. Took the car for a simple oil change, after an hour and half they told me they just finished washing it. Shortly after the service manager comes out letting me know the car was done. Right away I noticed the car was never washed, upon further inspection I noticed several deep scratches on the drive side door. I am thinking that they used dirty towel to dust off my car. I refused to take my car until the damage was repaired. They gave me a new RX350 for the night. Picked up my F the next day and it was good as new.

Good luck!!
Old 08-08-12, 05:45 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

If you have a problem with a Lexus dealership, you should call the lexus hotline to speak to an associate.

Lexus HATES when its dealerships do not kiss the customer ***, and by calling lexus you will start the ball moving.
Old 08-08-12, 11:55 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Well I'm glad to say that lexus is taking full responsibility and told me to come in tomorrow when they have their best paint guy to work on the car. I will let you all know how it turns out tomorrow.
Old 08-08-12, 11:58 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Sorry to hear. You have PM.
Old 08-08-12, 02:30 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Zapa I see you're from 757. Was this at CB?
Old 08-08-12, 07:02 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks, good thing they are taking care of it. from the pics it looks light enough to be buffed out
Old 08-08-12, 07:29 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
Well I'm glad to say that lexus is taking full responsibility and told me to come in tomorrow when they have their best paint guy to work on the car. I will let you all know how it turns out tomorrow.
tell them you want to be right next to him as he works on the car. You don't ask any questions, you're just there to watch and stupidvise...i mean supervise.
Old 08-08-12, 08:07 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I sat and watched the last guy try to fix the scratch take almost dry sandpaper to my car and say he was wet sanding it and he promised me it would take car of the scratch. I don't know much about paint repair and i trusted him which i wish i did not.
Old 08-08-12, 08:53 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zapa
I sat and watched the last guy try to fix the scratch take almost dry sandpaper to my car and say he was wet sanding it and he promised me it would take car of the scratch. I don't know much about paint repair and i trusted him which i wish i did not.
He should have gradually went up in grit with each pass, buffed it with a polish and/or rubbing compound and finish with a few coats of wax to protect it and bring back a proper shine .. I'm not a paint repair expert but I learned a few tricks here and there. He obviously cut some corners to get you out of there faster.
Old 08-08-12, 09:11 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boma
He should have gradually went up in grit with each pass, buffed it with a polish and/or rubbing compound and finish with a few coats of wax to protect it and bring back a proper shine .. I'm not a paint repair expert but I learned a few tricks here and there. He obviously cut some corners to get you out of there faster.
your more than welcome to come make sure they do a good job tomorrow at 10:00 am

Quick Reply: Dealership scratched my car