IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody Rockin a Set of Gold Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 09:28 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody Rockin a Set of Gold Badges?

Just wondering if they are available for ISF's??? They would look pretty ona black one...
Thanks in Advance
-MjThind
Old 07-18-12, 10:55 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

We're not in the 90s anymore.
Old 07-18-12, 10:57 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Just wondering if they are available for ISF's??? They would look pretty ona black one...
Thanks in Advance
-MjThind
Are you serious?
Old 07-19-12, 07:39 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, OP, it's the new millenium! Gold badges are so 90s.

You might be able to pull off custom bronze badges if you have bronze wheels too.
Old 07-19-12, 08:18 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I know we should all respect eachother's taste and opinions as fellow enthusiasts....but that is grounds for a good old fashion FLAMING!!!

come on man - Gold badges!?!?!??! ON AN ISF!....I might as well put a rag top on it and colored dual blade windsheild wipers , with a neon lighting kit under the car.
WTF!
Old 07-19-12, 09:29 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Calm down guys, I just wondering and if you look at from my point of view a gold badge would look pretty good a black ISF! Plus I love gold when it is done tastefully, me personally I accessorize myself with a gold watch and chain everyday...
Old 07-19-12, 10:30 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um......no.
Old 07-19-12, 11:00 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i think it would look good
Old 07-19-12, 11:39 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Op, why dont you become the guinea pig?
Old 07-19-12, 12:15 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I honestly can't tell if the OP is joking or not.

If it isn't a joke though, the answer is likely no... there are no gold badge kits for the IS-F. That said, there are people who have painted their badges a dark gunmetal color, so certainly you can get them painted gold if you wanted. I might suggest a dark bronze for the black IS-F though, as it would kind of get you the direction you want to go without looking kind of tacky.

But hey, to each his own! If you want to get your car painted purple, it's your car and your money.
Old 07-19-12, 12:18 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

Go for it!! prove these guys wrong. I've haven't yet seen a gold badge done tastefully, so I would like to see!
Old 07-19-12, 12:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

It can be done "Tastefully"... (on an LFA) Just ask Akio Toyoda..

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Reader’s Rides: It’s Good To Be Akio Toyoda
By Bertel Schmitt on May 16, 2012

• Today, I happened to be at Toyota’s Tokyo headquarters in order to personally get to the bottom of numbers nobody seems to care about.

There was a minor riot in the usually zen-like lobby of 1-4-18 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku. TTAC was there to investigate …

• Toyota employees, who usually pass the cars on display in the reception area without the slightest hesitation, rushed to a matte-black Lexus LFA parked near the entrance. One woman touched the car as if it was a sacred object.

• Another man impulsively checked himself. It is hot again in Tokyo, and people start to perspire. “Do I also?” asked this man before he approached the black car.

The matte-black LFA looked like any other $375,000 supercar Lexus makes in Motomachi. Except …

This is a used car! A used car in Toyota’s holy halls? It looks new to you? Have a look at this:

• Spend some time in Japan, and you will run into the dreaded Shaken sticker. Shaken is the third degree the Japanese government gives people’s cars after three years when the cars are new, and then every two, to make sure that the cars are in working order, allegedly. The examination is so expensive and so rigorous that many Japanese rather buy a new car, much to the joy of the Japanese car industry. Most Japanese prefer “pika-pika” (new and shiny) over “boro-boro” (old and tired) anyway.

Now, for some Shaken arcana. The Shaken sticker of the matte black LFA expires in December of the 25th year of the current Heisei period of Emperor Akihito. Heisei 25 equals 2013, deduct three years …. OMG, this car was registered in December of 2010!

This makes it one of the first cars of the very limited 500 car production run of the LFA. Production of the LFA started in December 2010. Who owns that rare used car?

• Discreet inquiries produced the suggestion that the owner of the used car works at Toyota. It is Akio Toyoda, President of Toyota. The suspicion was confirmed when a polite lady approached the crowd, bowed, and said:

“Sumimasen, he needs his car back.”

• PS: The image quality may not be up to TTAC standards. The pictures were taken with my cellphone, and my hands were shaken …
********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Could this be LFA #000 ??? Maybe we will soon find out....

Enjoy,

Joe Z
Old 07-19-12, 12:37 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

I dont see why everyone's going crazy. Gold looks good on black when done right imo. Lots of people love gold wheels on a black car, why would gold emblems be different? Its just a small accent. Can't we say the same about chrome? Chrome can look tacky, but it doesnt as our emblems. Why? because it is just a small detail and adds to the overall look.

OP: I say go for it. Who cares what others think, you should do it if you think you'll like it. I would personally debadge everything but the L symbol in the front and rear. That way its just a hint of gold and it'll contrast nicely against the black. If you do the ISF badge, then it might look too busy/tacky. Make sure you choose a nice gold paint, many dont look too good. Or you can go with what others say and paint it bronze, i think that would look good too.
Old 07-19-12, 01:26 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

It will probably be back in style soon enough... go for it
Old 07-19-12, 01:55 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
I would personally debadge everything but the L symbol in the front and rear.
That's because you have a 250... I would never de-badge my ISF (nor have 99% of ISF owners), that's what distinguishes it from other IS's.

Gold/bronze would look great on an Obsidian F, some nice bronze rims would complete it, IMO.

Quick Reply: Anybody Rockin a Set of Gold Badges?