IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody Rockin a Set of Gold Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 02:07 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
That's because you have a 250... I would never de-badge my ISF (nor have 99% of ISF owners), that's what distinguishes it from other IS's.

Gold/bronze would look great on an Obsidian F, some nice bronze rims would complete it, IMO.
Really lol? I didn't debadge my car because i have a 250. I debadged it because i think it looks cleaner. REGARDLESS of whether i had a 250, 350, or an F I still would debadge everything besides the "L" symbols. The ISF badge is what distinguishes it from other IS? How about the difference in body structure or the way the car drives? Don't tell me that I debadged my car because I have a 250 as if I'm trying to play it off as another model. Get off your high horse
Old 07-19-12, 04:26 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

That's because you have a 250... I would never de-badge my ISF (nor have 99% of ISF owners), that's what distinguishes it from other IS's.
OH SNAP! Called out...

Originally Posted by Mjthind
Calm down guys, I just wondering and if you look at from my point of view a gold badge would look pretty good a black ISF! Plus I love gold when it is done tastefully, me personally I accessorize myself with a gold watch and chain everyday...
Only gold watch you should wear is a Rolex Presidential or Daytona or something of that caliber...Patek Philippe, Hublot, A. Lange & Sohne, etc....or you're Mr T.

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Really lol? I didn't debadge my car because i have a 250. I debadged it because i think it looks cleaner. REGARDLESS of whether i had a 250, 350, or an F I still would debadge everything besides the "L" symbols. The ISF badge is what distinguishes it from other IS? How about the difference in body structure or the way the car drives? Don't tell me that I debadged my car because I have a 250 as if I'm trying to play it off as another model. Get off your high horse
Get an IS F and we'll see if you debage it...the ones on the fender too... I don't think anyone has debaged their F... 2ndGF I think took the Lexus part off...or the IS part, but he left the F

Are there even any cars now a days with gold badges? They don't sell them as accessories as they used to in the past...?
Old 07-19-12, 04:46 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont see why everyone's going crazy. Gold looks good on black when done right imo. Lots of people love gold wheels on a black car, why would gold emblems be different? Its just a small accent. Can't we say the same about chrome? Chrome can look tacky, but it doesnt as our emblems. Why? because it is just a small detail and adds to the overall look.

OP: I say go for it. Who cares what others think, you should do it if you think you'll like it. I would personally debadge everything but the L symbol in the front and rear. That way its just a hint of gold and it'll contrast nicely against the black. If you do the ISF badge, then it might look too busy/tacky. Make sure you choose a nice gold paint, many dont look too good. Or you can go with what others say and paint it bronze, i think that would look good too.
I am going down the gold rim route I am looking at a set of Rotiform BLQ 3 piece concaves dipped gold with a chrome black lip, that was why I was askin...
Old 07-19-12, 04:53 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Only gold watch you should wear is a Rolex Presidential or Daytona or something of that caliber...Patek Philippe, Hublot, A. Lange & Sohne, etc....or you're Mr T.
I rock a Nixon 51-30, Invicta Subaqua NOMA IV, and other gold watches of that nature, don't have that much money to throw at watches just yet...
Old 07-19-12, 07:21 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The F badge is just a small snippet of what distinguishes it from other IS's. I know why the ISF is different, that's obviously why I got one.... I don't need to prove anything else.

"High horse"? Really? We all work hard and play hard. Finding an ISF itself is a chore, considering how rare it is. If you had 1 of Lexus's 2 flagship cars, would you debadge it? I HIGHLY doubt it. It's easy for someone without one to say so.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 07-19-12 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-19-12, 07:54 PM
7No
Intermediate

Gold plate your F and badge it in black. No chrome wheels though, please.
Old 07-19-12, 08:43 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

I think it would look good on a black or white car with rims to finish it off, go for it.
Old 07-19-12, 09:51 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Gold/bronze would look great on an Obsidian F, some nice bronze rims would complete it, IMO.
OUCH... nothing wrong with having a 250 I actually choose mine for the awd bc of the harsh winters here and I didnt want to deal with getting a beater and so on but I debadged my car not out of shame of having a 250, I did it just to have a clean look and I would do the same if I had a IS F or a F sport too at least on the trunk not the fenders or the "L" emblems on the top of the trunk and the front grill. But OP you can always paint your emblems. Do it! Gold may be pretty retrosexual but I think having a black car you could pull it off. Heres a IS with a black and gold theme going. His emblems aren't gold but that design on the fender kinda gives u a feel of how it may look

Original pics were posted in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-now-1194.html
Old 07-19-12, 10:47 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

The F badge is just a small snippet of what distinguishes it from other IS's. I know why the ISF is different, that's obviously why I got one.... I don't need to prove anything else.

"High horse"? Really? We all work hard and play hard. Finding an ISF itself is a chore, considering how rare it is. If you had 1 of Lexus's 2 flagship cars, would you debadge it? I HIGHLY doubt it. It's easy for someone without one to say so.
Exactly my point. It's just a small detail. I simply said I think it would look better without the other badges because I like the clean look it gives. You then decided to tell me why I debadged MY OWN car. I think I know myself better than you do.

The ISF is indeed a nice car, but how are you going to tell me that I wouldn't debadge my car if I had an ISF? Are you really that stubborn? Not everyone has the same opinion, just as how many people think gold emblems would look terrible while others like it. I'm just saying you shouldn't go around telling others what they would and wouldn't do. You come off as arrogant.

Either way I digress from the topic. Just wanted to clear things up.

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
OUCH... nothing wrong with having a 250 I actually choose mine for the awd bc of the harsh winters here and I didnt want to deal with getting a beater and so on but I debadged my car not out of shame of having a 250, I did it just to have a clean look and I would do the same if I had a IS F or a F sport too at least on the trunk not the fenders or the "L" emblems on the top of the trunk and the front grill. But OP you can always paint your emblems. Do it! Gold may be pretty retrosexual but I think having a black car you could pull it off. Heres a IS with a black and gold theme going. His emblems aren't gold but that design on the fender kinda gives u a feel of how it may look

Original pics were posted in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-now-1194.html
Exactly. I have no shame in owning a 250, why should I? In fact it's mentioned right in my sig lol. Im just enjoying modding my car to my taste and looking a little bit different from the rest (which isn't too hard in Jersey )
Old 07-19-12, 11:15 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I have both IS250 6 speed manual and ISF. The 250 is suppose to be my beater car, but I just could stop driving my F. So I just got rid of my IS250.
Old 07-20-12, 12:04 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Exactly my point. It's just a small detail. I simply said I think it would look better without the other badges because I like the clean look it gives. You then decided to tell me why I debadged MY OWN car. I think I know myself better than you do.

The ISF is indeed a nice car, but how are you going to tell me that I wouldn't debadge my car if I had an ISF? Are you really that stubborn? Not everyone has the same opinion, just as how many people think gold emblems would look terrible while others like it. I'm just saying you shouldn't go around telling others what they would and wouldn't do. You come off as arrogant.

Either way I digress from the topic. Just wanted to clear things up.

Exactly. I have no shame in owning a 250, why should I? In fact it's mentioned right in my sig lol. Im just enjoying modding my car to my taste and looking a little bit different from the rest (which isn't too hard in Jersey )
Yep its on my Sig and my Sn. Is Fs were going for 35-38k when i was car hunting. Like I said i needed awd. I've gone through 4 winters with a s2000 and all my previous cars were either rwd or fwd. I couldn't justify spending more money on a 350awd vs a used is f so it was a no brainer to pick up a 250awd and i dumped the rest of my spare change into mods. Maybe one day if I ever move somewhere without snow I would pick one up. But i still love to read about and look at them. Only thing I don't like about the is f is the front bumper. It's just too much and no lip options really. If i had one I'd love to swap for a 2011-2012 250/350 f sport bumper. Too bad it wouldn't fit though
Old 07-20-12, 07:18 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread shows me how wide taste can be. As many people have said, gold badges are so last century, it'd be like wearing flared trousers again (not me, I'm too young for that, maybe Lou... LOL).