IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 10:13 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. that suck bro.. hope everything work out for you.. your car is one of my favorite
Old 07-18-12, 10:38 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The guy use to be one of the district managers for Lexus and then opened up his own shop and he pretty much has another worker or two. Its his own Lexus and Toyota Service shop (has nothing to do with corporate). I trusted him for over a year and a half and still cannot believe what happened. Right when I picked it up I noticed the fender right away and was just such in shock especially when I looked at the MPG was 6.6. The car had to have been abused.

He said he would fix the damages but with his own guys but I really don't think he will pay for everything that happened. Not only that, how could I trust him again?? I want someone else to fix it. The ridiculous part is now he's gone for a week but Ill keep everyone updated! Pisses me off every time I look at my car. Hopefully everything will get resolved and fixed. What a pain in the a$$
Old 07-18-12, 11:43 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HEWITT
The guy use to be one of the district managers for Lexus and then opened up his own shop and he pretty much has another worker or two. Its his own Lexus and Toyota Service shop (has nothing to do with corporate). I trusted him for over a year and a half and still cannot believe what happened. Right when I picked it up I noticed the fender right away and was just such in shock especially when I looked at the MPG was 6.6. The car had to have been abused.

He said he would fix the damages but with his own guys but I really don't think he will pay for everything that happened. Not only that, how could I trust him again?? I want someone else to fix it. The ridiculous part is now he's gone for a week but Ill keep everyone updated! Pisses me off every time I look at my car. Hopefully everything will get resolved and fixed. What a pain in the a$$
I know you want your car fixed fast, but If I had the money and resources Id lawyer up and make him pay for the damages. You may have to fix it out of pocket but at least you could take it somewhere to someone you trust. The bad thing is, whoever done the damage to your ride should be fired, and prosecuted. He is just going to keep whoever done that working in his shop? Im sure your ride isnt the only one they have abused. I wouldnt let them fix it, not now.

sorry bro
Old 07-19-12, 12:06 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

if everything will not be recuperated and paid for, just take him to court.
get your money back, and will teach him or his workers a good lesson on not abusing other people's property.
Old 07-19-12, 02:19 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
if everything will not be recuperated and paid for, just take him to court.
get your money back, and will teach him or his workers a good lesson on not abusing other people's property.
I'm truly sorry for what happened to your car at the hands of the repair shop. I'd ask Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown to take the case if all else fails.
Old 07-19-12, 06:10 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Sorry to hear this happened to you. It is very frustrating to have happen.

It sounds like this was not a Lexus Dealership? Rather some independent shop?

It looks (from your pictures) that you were having some rubbing issues already with your front fender liner.
Are you able to turn the car to full lock without destroying the front fenders?

I am very surprised with how low your car is that they were even able to get it on a lift without damaging it.
Even the F stock is pretty low for certain lifts.

I would highly suggest you possibly pursue not using this shop any longer (regardless of the outcome) and find a reputable lexus dealership with an F Champion tech. I would then speak to the Service Manager there about your expectations with your automobile. They will bend over backwards to kiss your butt!

Good luck, and just be glad your car isn't totaled!!!
Old 07-19-12, 06:32 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Obviously what happened is completely unacceptable, but thankfully there are ways this can be remedied. First remember that this is a car and it can be fixed. I would give him one chance to make this ALL the way right, and then I'd get a lawyer. You absolutely have the right to have someone else do the body repair work, as I wouldn't trust him to fix it either. Tell him that he needs to file this as an insurance claim with his carrier, and have the work done somewhere else. If he is anything less than cooperative, take advantage of the legal system and talk to a lawyer that can help you out.
Old 07-19-12, 06:54 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I feel your pain and it's a tough situation to be in. I've had this exact thing happen to three of my cars. Two of the outcomes the dealership paid in full for the damages they caused and they were truly apologetic over the situation. A different time with my Exige, the shop wasn't so cooperative. In fact, they acted as if it was my fault they damaged the car because it was lowered so much and had an aftermarket front lip. I took them to small claims court and we settled. From the time they were served, to the time I settled was something like 8 months though - something to consider. I wouldn't necessarily lawyer up just yet. See what he will offer you and go from there.
Old 07-19-12, 07:14 AM
g35cali
Driver

Wow unbelievable hope Eveything gets fixed asap
Old 07-19-12, 07:48 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope it gets fixed man, one of the best looking F's on here.

I used to go to a Lexus dealership around me, and the head tech claimed they need to drive the F 20 miles to a course, and an additional 30 miles to test out alignment?????? Makes no sense to me.

That's why I go to another Lexus dealer ~1 hr away. I've built a rapport with them.
Old 07-19-12, 07:48 AM
Straightik
Rookie

Originally Posted by HEWITT
I am still really mad and disappointed. Just knowing someone drove my car without my permission and had my MPG at 6.6 is wreckless. The lowest I have ever had my MPG was in the 14's because I had too much gas before a show. I don't even drive aggressive
I wouldn't be too upset at the gas mileage, if you let your car idle for a long time you will watch the MPG plummet because you're obviously getting zero! When my car was in for the valves, they reset the ECU, and ran the engine a bunch of times and it showed 1.7MPG after a test drive. I'm not saying it's impossible that they took it for a joyride, but I'm pretty sure even our track guys don't get MPG like that.
Old 07-19-12, 07:59 AM
MR Deuce
Rookie

This is crazy! Something similar to this happened to my wife at dealership in cathedral city. She flipped out on the manager of the service department. Made them pay to repaint the whole front bumper. This is another reason why I do all the work on the car myself. It pisses me off and its not even my car. Hope it gets resolved!
Old 07-19-12, 08:03 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW...so sorry man.

That would **** anyone off - The BS is now he wants to fix it with his own guys - Thats crazy!
You cant trust that because now he is coming out of his own pocket and Lexus repairs are not cheap --for any lexus much less an F

I hate stuff like this ...and its so hard to find good people to do HONEST work for you. Who ever had your car just bottomed out and just gave it back to you like nothing happened.
Im sorry - you're a cool headed guy man thats for sure.
I would have had one question asked very politely - "who drove this car?" then proceeded to deliver a hard right hand to the nose to whoever it was no matter how big or small

Then peel off into the night and just fix the car out of pocket myself

cause all the future back and forth, potential court , etc etc yada yada yada...F- that!!

lol
Old 07-19-12, 08:03 AM
TheBatman
Driver

That's horrible to look at it and I feel your pain. But if one of his employees drove your car, then its not exactly unauthorized. What most likely happened is some knucklehead who works for him took a little joyride in your car and scraped the front at high speed on a driveway resulting in all that damage. What they will claim happened is it wasn't their fault and if pushed they will claim they were road testing it and it must have scraped somewhere.

Your best bet is to get an attorney involved. They can be held liable for the damages if they were caused by negligence. Getting an attorney involved will rattle some cages and get them to pay for the damages.

Remember, just b/c the owner is a good guy it doesn't mean his employees are. Many years ago I used to take one of my cars to a guy who had a great reputation and did excellent work. Then he opened up another shop and took more of a managerial role. His employees did not have the same quality of work he did and I never went back there as much as I would love to give the guy my business.

I use the dealer for service and what I do is every time I take it in for service I have the service rep do a walk around my car with me so that we're both clear as to the condition of my vehicle when I leave it there for service. I have him/her note the condition of my car on the paperwork when I am dropping it off. That way, if any damage is done to my car after that point they can't later claim that they weren't responsible.
Old 07-19-12, 08:06 AM
staman
Pole Position

Reminds me of the time I got brand new Wedsport SA-55 rims. I didnt have them for more than 5 days when some idiot at Lexus decided to take my car through the car wash. Needless to say he scraped the **** out of my 2 driver side rims. You'd think Lexus would just pay for the damage. Oh No. I had to get video of the car wash to prove it was him before they would pay for the damage. Gimme a break.

Quick Reply: CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS