IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-12, 02:13 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
Your gonna buy a 997 to run the quarter mile? Good luck against the gtr. But you'll be more comfortable for 11 seconds... And ya, the GTR beats the 997 on the track as well. I did it all day long at Mosport on tuesday...
My friend has one that runs 10s on the strip all the time so not sure what your talking about. And your right a gtr can beat a 911 turbo. I track all the time too and I have seen the outcome both ways... All depend who's driving the car and the gtr is easier to drive fast. But there no way your telling me a 911 turbo is slow or that it isn't nicer than a gtr. Although it may not sound like it, i like the gtr but at the end of th day its still a nissan. Porsche.... Nissan. Enough said.

http://youtu.be/_0b3S5GfPHg

Last edited by darbs242; 07-19-12 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-17-12, 02:26 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'd take a Pagani Zonda 760RS or Pagani Huayra, but then again I don't have money

I had to that

I would put my Aventador on my Mega Yacht and sail the world revving my engine over the ocean!!

lol

Old 07-17-12, 11:50 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I had to that

Gil...you had to google that? Here I thought EVERY gear head knew of Pagani...

Pagani Zonda 760RS...1 of 1
Old 07-18-12, 04:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
id take an Aventador over a Gallardo - but then again my parents aren't millionaires buying me cars
I would Definitely take an Aventador over a Gallardo, but then again my parents dont buy my cars. Guess Ill just have to stick with what ill be able to afford....

Zonda 760Rs is on my dream car list though.
Old 07-18-12, 01:36 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^
^^^^
I just watched those Zonda videos, awesome cars!! It sounds like a shotgun blast when it backfires!! Intimidating!!
Old 07-18-12, 04:49 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2ndgf
^^^^
^^^^
i just watched those zonda videos, awesome cars!! It sounds like a shotgun blast when it backfires!! Intimidating!!
7.3l v12 amg....boom!
Old 07-18-12, 11:39 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

At this stage I'm looking for superior handling and balance, something thats fun and flick-able a car that will turn on dime, a car that still requires some driver input rather than all wheel drive computer assisted car that does most of work for you. Not that concerned with massive amounts of hp, which is great in 1/4mile or mile racing but were I plan to use this car which is street and track (road course) big HP numbers arent that big of deal to me any more sure it's not going to be the fastest car out there but it will be fun car to drive and quite rare, I'm talking about Porsche 987.2 or Boxster Spyder S with TPC Racing low boost turbo kit giving it extra 140whp and 100tq over factory so your talking 383whp and 296wtq in mid engine car that weights only 2810pds it's one of Porsche best handling cars I say not bad and if I wanted more HP TPC Racing can do custom set up per there web site they have Caymen racing turbo kit that puts out 480 range since they both use same motor it could be possible to go that route if I was willing to pay extra cash $$$$$$ lol. It's different a car you won't see often, like our ISF but it will have more than enough handling ability and power to hang with it's big brothers with no problem as long as there stock that is and quite few other car out there as well It's kind of poor man's mid engine super car

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-88_219_p.jpg

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-88_223_p.jpg

Name:  88_224_c.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  2.9 KB

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-53_738_p.jpg

Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-53_740_p.jpg
Old 07-19-12, 03:52 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

My next car realistically is a hybrid. I need a better commute car that maximizes mpg since my F minimizes mpg on the weekends...

Specifically Prius or CT.

LOL @ some of you guys realistically getting the Pagonda or equivalent, passing up on the LFA, straight to the Pagondas? Remember, the OP said realistic...lol.
Old 07-19-12, 04:46 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

If I'll be replacing the F? I already have a Supra, so the next car would have to be pretty exotic...like a Mosler M900s with up to 2500 hp on tap...
Old 07-19-12, 05:39 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Im currently looking for a GTR. But I'll keep my IS-F since I practically stole it.
Old 07-19-12, 07:35 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Some of us have taken this thread from "next car" to "dream car"...haha.

I have a 1990 BMW 325i, and quite honestly, for a car that's 22 years old...it handles pretty damn well and I don't even have upgraded shocks/springs/coilovers yet. Depends on what you want I guess.... GTR has all the performance goodies for a good price in comparison to others...but it's a Nissan...EWW
Old 07-19-12, 07:37 AM
pierre2k5
Driver School Candidate

2014 Nissan GT-R
Old 07-19-12, 05:23 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

C6 Z06, 997 or GT-R
Old 07-19-12, 08:25 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I would trade my ISF for a GTR in a heartbeat. But starting a family soon I honestly don't know what my next car will be. It's really tough to beat the ISF as an all-around awesome car. It has power, luxury, sex appeal, amenities, 4 doors, and my wife can drive it if need-be. There isn't a single person who has ridden in it that hasn't complimented both the power and the luxury. That's tough to do!
Old 08-26-12, 06:41 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I will likely keep the ISF for a while since it is a great performer with outstanding reliability.

I just bought my next car yesterday, which is a 2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel for my wife...though I will also use it quite a bit since my wife works from home. I put 100 miles on it yesterday and today and am very impressed...I have test driven many SUVs and none have ever made me want to keep driving them all day. The low end torque is amazing, and I have averaged 27 mpg in mixed driving, even though the engine isn't broken in yet.

I test drove a new Carrera S manual after my wife drove the Cayenne home and all I can say is "WOW". The balance and overall feel of that car is phenomenal. It changed my mind about what I want next. I will now wait until I can find a couple year old certified used one. I am certainly not saying a next gen ISF is out of the question, but it would have to be a significant leap up from the current gen for me to forget how much I felt at one with the car during my 15 mile test drive in the Carrera S. I would talk about what supercar I want to get next, but would rather discuss what is realistic for me .
Attached Thumbnails Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-cayenne-diesel.jpg   Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-cayenne-diesel-5.jpg   Current ISF owners: What's your next car?-cayenne-diesel-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Current ISF owners: What's your next car?