CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy the beast! I still haven't found a car to replace my IS-F...LoL
Old 07-18-12, 10:45 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dLad
. They have really improved the gtr for 2013 too from what I've read and heard. 2.7, 10.8

I can't even comprehend a car doing 0-60 in 2.7secs straight from the factory, much less something that costs less than $100K. I have no idea what you would DO with that kind of power (at least here in the US), but it is damn cool to have.
Old 07-18-12, 08:04 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I like the color. You traded in your F with the exhaust on it? I would have bought that from you.
Old 07-18-12, 08:16 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
Im actually going to go the Switzer route as opposed to AMS. AMS is all about getting the maximum horsepower no matter what. They have more of a mentality of tear the car apart in one pass if that's what it takes to win. Switzer makes more of a DD type car that can scream when it wants to. Not to mention Switzer did all the R@D and AMS came along and helped themselves to it....
Switzer P800 all the way. And a stage 1 rebuild on the trans..
Oh the envy...
Old 07-23-12, 09:01 AM
rsfootball
Driver School Candidate

Im actually going to go the Switzer route as opposed to AMS. AMS is all about getting the maximum horsepower no matter what. They have more of a mentality of tear the car apart in one pass if that's what it takes to win. Switzer makes more of a DD type car that can scream when it wants to. Not to mention Switzer did all the R@D and AMS came along and helped themselves to it....
Switzer P800 all the way. And a stage 1 rebuild on the trans..
You are really misinformed. Im neither a Switzer or AMS fan but to say AMS is all about getting max hp no matter what is not correct. Its all about the preference of the customer. Btw, companies like HKS and Trust did majority of the initial R&D. They had the car for a year before we got the GTR in the states.
Old 07-23-12, 09:12 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mishkinm5
So I have made a similar journey and then came back. I had an 08 isf. Gt an 09 gtr. Put alpha 9 package on it and decide to go to something more practicle 11 isf. I am happy with my decission and will hold on to isf for a bit. Gtr is a beast but unreliable once you get the mod bug going. Take care of you tranny!
Random but was your GT-R a red one? I noticed you're in Chicago and I work at McGrath Acura and the owner recently got a red GT-R with the Alpha 9 on it lol.
Old 07-23-12, 12:35 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbb

I can't even comprehend a car doing 0-60 in 2.7secs straight from the factory, much less something that costs less than $100K. I have no idea what you would DO with that kind of power (at least here in the US), but it is damn cool to have.
Oh you put absolute *** whippings on Mustangs and Chargers..)
Old 07-23-12, 12:39 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Very sexy car! Glad you like it. I test drove the GT-R, M3, and IS-F about 10x each prior to selling my IS350. I went with the M3 but a part of me still wishes I went GT-R.

Congrats! Enjoy and be safe!
Old 07-30-12, 01:50 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsfootball
You are really misinformed. Im neither a Switzer or AMS fan but to say AMS is all about getting max hp no matter what is not correct. Its all about the preference of the customer. Btw, companies like HKS and Trust did majority of the initial R&D. They had the car for a year before we got the GTR in the states.
Im really misinformed? LMAO. Ive talked to both shops extensively, AMS and Switzer. You have a greddy build, and stated your not a fan of either but you must know more than me. Neil Switzer must have talked on the phone with me for 45 minutes. He basically confirmed what other people were saying on NAGTROC. The quality and reliability of the build come first. The HP comes second. You wont necessarily find that mentality at AMS. Initial R&D pertaining to what? ..

Last edited by staman; 07-30-12 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 01:03 AM
rsfootball
Driver School Candidate

Im really misinformed? LMAO. Ive talked to both shops extensively, AMS and Switzer. You have a greddy build, and stated your not a fan of either but you must know more than me. Neil Switzer must have talked on the phone with me for 45 minutes. He basically confirmed what other people were saying on NAGTROC. The quality and reliability of the build come first. The HP comes second. You wont necessarily find that mentality at AMS. Initial R&D pertaining to what? ..
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start a thread on NAGTROC. Share your extensive knowledge. Please educate the GTR community.

Last edited by rsfootball; 08-06-12 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-06-12, 04:07 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.................
Old 08-23-12, 02:32 PM
sickISF
Driver

Best decision you ever made. What opened my eyes was when I got raped by a GTR and realized how limited I was with my ISF. The ISF is a beautiful car but the GTR is a different league. I own a 2013 GTR BE
Old 08-23-12, 02:34 PM
sickISF
Driver

Oh you put absolute *** whippings on Mustangs and Chargers..)
Not to sound cocky but we are in a different league. I'm talking Audi R8's, lamborghini's, ferraris, and other super cars. Mustangs and Chargers are
Old 08-23-12, 03:17 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

How bout the new GT500... I do believe that would be a good run for a GT-R
Old 08-23-12, 03:46 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CK9887
How bout the new GT500... I do believe that would be a good run for a GT-R
The GT500 isn't AWD. Most GT500 drivers will get waxed by the GTR because of that.

Quick Reply: G T R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in