IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin Turbo in TX

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 10:12 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this car was the one built by Norwood and Wayne Potts of T1 Race Development. If in fact this is the car it does run, but mainly had trouble hooking up. Doubt my words due to previous comments, but this ISF has more testing as far as twin turbo isf's than most. They went very deep trying to perfect this set up and thats why it has different engine management than others. Not sure the current story on it, but this one is a gem as far as a custom twin turbo set up.
Old 07-07-12, 10:35 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I agree with others that the numbers just don't make sense....
Old 07-07-12, 05:06 PM
madastep
Pole Position

If it's from T1 then the car would be legit, though i didn't get to see the ad. T1 does very high end 1000+ hp plus cars, couple guys i know have GTR's from there that run low 9's, so if T1 decided to try, they would get further than most I would think.
Old 07-07-12, 08:27 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I believe the owner of this car is on this forum. He hinted that t1 was doing a turbo setup for him but I guess it didnt end up well.
Old 07-07-12, 10:24 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Had nothing to do with T1, Norwood Racing and Wayne Potts (now at T1) built the car, I believe that is. Wayne and I have discussed how hard the tuning and putting power down was. Seeing that the seller is from Rockwall TX and the user name says Norwood cars..... Same color as well and you see the kit it 1off. It adds up to me I just wish we knew more about it.
Old 07-09-12, 12:32 AM
gtrnaisf
Rookie

i would pass
Old 07-09-12, 07:47 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
How can anyone justify spending $55k on a high end car that has a CEL?

Someone should message the guy and call out his claimed numbers
Oh i sent the guy a message on ebay and i got a really nasty message back from a guy claiming to be Bob Norwood himself. I don't care who is he I tore him up in my response. He hasn't bothered to email back..
Old 07-09-12, 08:40 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
Oh i sent the guy a message on ebay and i got a really nasty message back from a guy claiming to be Bob Norwood himself. I don't care who is he I tore him up in my response. He hasn't bothered to email back..
You should post it here... I'm interested to see how anybody can justify those numbers. Also, in his pics I noticed The A/T oil temp light is on...
Old 07-09-12, 09:12 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
Lol well played sir. He should have known he would get some questions asked about the cars specs.
Old 07-09-12, 05:14 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If the car worked well and was indeed tuned, there would be 20 of us on here with 600hp twin turbo isf's and we all would know that there was fianly tuning available. If this car is what it claims, it would be famous in our community and we wouldn't even be asking questionsa about it. If I had a twin isf that worked there would be lots of YouTube to prove it.
Old 07-11-12, 08:10 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
If the car worked well and was indeed tuned, there would be 20 of us on here with 600hp twin turbo isf's and we all would know that there was fianly tuning available. If this car is what it claims, it would be famous in our community and we wouldn't even be asking questionsa about it. If I had a twin isf that worked there would be lots of YouTube to prove it.
Well put! Not hating nor bashing, but I do believe if anyone perfects setup it would be in magazines, sought out by many, and they would be in business for a first and would be quite lucrative....So it is what it is....
Old 07-11-12, 08:29 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darbs242
Im amazed that people still dont understand... The key to a turbo setup is nitrous.
Old 07-11-12, 09:57 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Im amazed that people still dont understand... The key to a turbo setup is nitrous.
YEEUP. Turbo charging creates a huge amount of heat. NOS is a powerful refrigerant. Its like they were made to go together...
Old 07-11-12, 10:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I talked to Wayne about that car a couple of years ago and put him in touch with some good resources for understanding the mind of Toyota. I never did hear what the outcome was.

NOS isn't the key to boost. Compression ratio is the key to boost, specifically dynamic compression ratio. With the static compression we have from the factory, there's not a lot of hope for adding boost to a 2UR-GSE without a lot of bandaids like methanol, propane, or something else to remove a LOT of heat. NOS won't be the winner. NOS just helps spool faster, but it doesn't reduce octane requirement the way meth or propane does.

Still, this might not be a bad car to buy if you're OK with tinkering a lot. It won't be easy to keep it happy and running the way you'd like. If it were, why is it for sale?
Old 07-11-12, 11:21 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
NOS just helps spool faster, but it doesn't reduce octane requirement the way meth or propane does.
You don't happen to be on meth right now? Right?

Last edited by MjThind; 07-12-12 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo in TX