IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does this type of carwash ruin tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 06:56 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought Optimum No Rinse and used it yesterday....it's like magic...amazing considering you only need 1 oz. per wash
Old 07-23-12, 07:34 AM
mattsmee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no way you can remove dust/dirt completely off your car without touching your car (touch less car wash doesn't clean well). You can look at some videos online that show you no matter how hard and how long you pressure wash a spot, some fine road dust/dirt still stick onto the paint. If you think it's clean and start to wipe it down, those tiny dirt will give you swirl mark and over time the paint will look old. You won't see much but overtime it kills the paint.

If you use auto touch less car wash and dry your car with their blowers, make sure you don't wax your car after that, because your car will still be dirty (because of the touch less process). You don't wanna wax your car after that..

Nothing cleans better than a bucket of water + good soap + good technique + hand wash + hand dry.

Last edited by mattsmee; 07-23-12 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-23-12, 09:33 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I only use touchless washes every once and a while so I can use the undercarriage wash. Other than that it is hand was only.
Old 07-23-12, 11:09 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I just bought Optimum No Rinse and used it yesterday....it's like magic...amazing considering you only need 1 oz. per wash
Just got done looking at the reviews. And this is the product I have been looking for. I just wanted something to get the bugs off in between hand washes and I'll try this in the winter when it's below freezing. I do not drive in the rain or snow with the F, so for me its mainly dust and bugs. Thanks for the posting this product.
Old 07-24-12, 01:40 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Lex
What I usually do is take mine (1-2x a year) to a self car wash, spray it down, spray it with foam and use my own MF mitt that I bring. Don't use that brush people use to wash their rims, truck beds, etc. Then I do spot free rinse drive off. Cost me like $4.00
Definitely do not use those brushes anywhere on your car, not even the front bumper or the front of the hood to get bugs off!! One time my wife took my Denali to one of those washes, trying to do a nice deed by getting it washed for me, and she made the mistake of scrubbing my ENTIRE truck with one of those brushes. When it got home it looked like someone had wet-sanded the entire thing. It took about 10 hours of buffing and polishing with a rotary to get all the scratches out.