IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SOCAL IS F: Temecula to Lake Cuyamaca

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-12, 12:18 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice photos, looks like I missed out on the fun again.
Old 06-25-12, 02:26 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Vids look nice, thanks for getting them posted up.

Kody, where's your footage from Sage Rd after we first left Hemet?
Originally Posted by blitz_714
we didnt recorded but i did record rite after we left the lake. Yeah that one the road was very fast, Namster taking pics didnt bother to mounted the camera lolz. We were putting the pedals to the metal for that open stress of long and twisty roads
Originally Posted by Namster
Nice videos Kody! Did anyone see at 1:01 haha funny as if the camera flipped 360.

Kody and Brian, I sent you two my original pics already. I will send Gil and Sam later tonight.

Sweet vids Kody!!!! Lol Im not as fast as Kody uploading videos but I did watch the footage from the cam mounted on the trunk facing backwards, its REALLY COOL!!! i gotta go to the gym and work but hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I will be able to put up some raw footage... and I am combining yesterdays footage with last month run in a bigger edited version - it's just taking some time... hope ya'll understand
Old 06-25-12, 02:47 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Cool, there one more video when i get home will up load it, when we leaving the lake to the freeway 8 about 30 minutes. Yeah Gil, i just leave it original lolz
Old 06-25-12, 03:21 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

Nice videos Kody! Did anyone see at 1:01 haha funny as if the camera flipped 360.
I was watching that vid and thought you wrecked at the 1:01 mark when the camera fell. Looked like you guys had a blast! No CHP on that road? How fast did you guys get the cars up to? Manual/Sport mode all the way?
Old 06-25-12, 03:46 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

No Chp, there was a straight road, we got really up there then again we were literally in Mexico so was legal . Gil recorded in his Gopro mounted in the rear. Yup we always use manual and sport mode for canyons, plus i always drive in manual mode after the car warm up for a few minutes

Last edited by ISF4life; 06-25-12 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-25-12, 05:29 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we didnt recorded but i did record rite after we left the lake. Yeah that one the road was very fast, Namster taking pics didnt bother to mounted the camera lolz. We were putting the pedals to the metal for that open stress of long and twisty roads

Damn... Sage Rd is probably my favorite part of that whole run so I was looking forward to that vid. No worries though.

Gil, did you get any footage of the Sage run?

Kody and Brian, I sent you two my original pics already. I will send Gil and Sam later tonight.

Lol ya, I thought Kody had gone off roading there for a second when the camera started flipping around.

Thanks again Nam for shooting and sending the pics.

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Sweet vids Kody!!!! Lol Im not as fast as Kody uploading videos but I did watch the footage from the cam mounted on the trunk facing backwards, its REALLY COOL!!! i gotta go to the gym and work but hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I will be able to put up some raw footage... and I am combining yesterdays footage with last month run in a bigger edited version - it's just taking some time... hope ya'll understand
Looking forward to it.

Although Kody may be faster at uploading vids than you, you're faster than him in the canyons, so it's all good lol.

(lol just kidding Kody)

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I was watching that vid and thought you wrecked at the 1:01 mark when the camera fell. Looked like you guys had a blast! No CHP on that road? How fast did you guys get the cars up to? Manual/Sport mode all the way?
Ya man it was a good time for sure...

No Chippies all day long. It's surprising actually because there was a ton of sportbikes/sports cars running the road yesterday, so there was a lot of hauling *** going on by everyone. Usually when that many enthusiasts are on this stretch of road, CHP activity is a little heavier.

I plead the 5th Amendment as far as what kind of MPH we were seeing lol.

I was in Manual + Sport with traction control off.

Last edited by Apexsports; 06-25-12 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-25-12, 06:06 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Gil, did you get any footage of the Sage run?
I think he did with the mounted in the rear lolz
Although Kody may be faster at uploading vids than you, you're faster than him in the canyons, so it's all good lol.

(lol just kidding Kody)

akakkakkkak, gave him some room , didnt want to run him off road . Gil's video should justified that . Was very cool that very long stress of road and very fast turns.

Uploading the last video on youtube as i type, 4 ISF's leaving the lake.

Last edited by ISF4life; 06-25-12 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-25-12, 06:36 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Cool, looking forward to the vid.

Ya, Sage Rd is a fun one for sure. Whenever I have to do anything in the San Diego area I take that road instead of the 15 S just for ****s and giggles. I love the "roller coaster ride" affect it has because of all of the elevation changes.

Should we start making some tentative plans for the next meetup somewhere in the beach cities? As long as we're by the coast, the heat of summer shouldn't be as big of a deal.

Last edited by Apexsports; 06-25-12 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-26-12, 11:12 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the last one

Old 06-26-12, 12:52 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Cool, looking forward to the vid.

Ya, Sage Rd is a fun one for sure. Whenever I have to do anything in the San Diego area I take that road instead of the 15 S just for ****s and giggles. I love the "roller coaster ride" affect it has because of all of the elevation changes.

Should we start making some tentative plans for the next meetup somewhere in the beach cities? As long as we're by the coast, the heat of summer shouldn't be as big of a deal.
Im going to have fun editing all these videos!

My suggestions for beaches to have the meet at are Dana Point, Huntington, and North Shore Oahu how awesome would that be!!!

Im down for any beach spot. If it's up in the LA area, ie: Long Beach/Santa Monica/Malibu, I could go on a Friday or Saturday, but if its in the OC or Diego I can do Friday/Saturday/Sunday

what beaches are you guys feeling/thinking /? I know Kody wants to go where the MILFs are
Old 06-26-12, 02:08 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

I know Kody wants to go where the MILFs are

LOLZ, Dana point peninsula , Laguna canyon is on the way . Sunday is best for everyone. Which date for next month ? BBQ pits, and gazebos ready, plenty of parking spot, right on the edge of water for parking. Vote for the date
Old 06-26-12, 03:00 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

JULY 29TH is my vote

4th of July weekend I will be at the river -

July 20-24 I will be hiking in Utah at Zion National Park -

BTW this makes 3 posts in a row with a mermaid, it may just be a record
Old 06-26-12, 04:29 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

U meant to flip off Tommy instead of peace sign lolz
Why?
Old 06-26-12, 10:21 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

July 29th works on my end...let's make it happen.

Gil. do you have time to post up a few of the raw clips of the Cuyamaca run? I know you're working on a tricked out edited version but I'm chomping at the bit to see vid of the more twisty/fun part of our run.

<<< Looks like she could do some serious damage with that tail of hers, if know what I mean.
Old 06-27-12, 01:07 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Cant be july 29th that lexus westminster summer meet probably a week early 22nd would be best lolz.

Quick Reply: SOCAL IS F: Temecula to Lake Cuyamaca