IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)

The Wait is Over: the Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA!
Front Page Story by Henry Kuo

**********************************************************************************
The Lexus IS F CCS-R race car will compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on July 8, 2012.
**********************************************************************************

Lexus Pressroom News: Lexus IS F CCS-R Race Car

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase 107.5 in.
Overall Length 187.4 in.
Overall Width 71.5 in.
Overall Height 54.5 in.

WEIGHT
Curb Weight 3,087 lbs. or less (693 lbs. less than stock)

ENGINE
Designation 2UR-GSE
Displacement 5.0L
Horsepower 416 @ 6,600 rpm
Torque 371 lb.-ft. @ 5,200 rpm
Fuel system SFI D-4 direct-to-cylinder injection with secondary port injectors

DRIVETRAIN
Layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive system
Transmission 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic with paddle shift and manual mode

EXTERIOR
Orange Mica exterior paint
Reinforced monocoque (with roll cage)
Carbon fiber hood, door handles, front fender, front spoiler, front canard, rear spoiler, ventilator
Polycarbonate windows
Lightweight door

WHEELS/TIRES
SSR
18x8.5J, off-set 30 front
18x9.5J, off-set 40 rear
Yokohama /ADVAN NEOVA A050 tires
245/40 R18 front
255/40 R18 rear

BRAKES
Brake cooling system
Racing brake kit
Stainless steel mesh brake hose

SUSPENSION
Adjustable camber front upper arm
Modified race suspension
Reinforced bushings and mounts

EXHAUST
Racing exhaust system

OTHER MECHANICAL
Engine oil cooler
Transmission oil cooler
Differential oil cooler

RACING EQUIPMENT
120L fuel cell
Air jack system
Fire extinguishing system
Data logger
Kill switch
Tow strap

INTERIOR
Carbon fiber dashboard, center console, door and interior trim
HANS compatible full bucket driver's seat
Lightened interior (delete power windows, door locks, rear seats, roof lining, etc.)
Six-point seat belt
Small-diameter steering wheel with paddle shifters

• At the 2010 Tokyo Auto Salon, Lexus displayed its first ISF Circuit Club Sport concept, a modified bright orange ISF that captured lots of attention. The car was an indication that Lexus was more than toying with the idea of putting their luxury sport sedan into some serious racing. Hit the jump for the full story on this awesome machine!

• The next year, Lexus debuted their official ISF CCS-R (R for race) with the same color theme and a few new more aggressive tweaks. In the time since the company has built a bunch of these monsters in and participated in races and exhibitions across Japan. But I recently got a chance to get a up close and personal with this weapons-grade race car--right here in the USA!

• Lexus put a lot of focus on weight reduction on the CCS-R, and the end result is whopping 700lb loss, which brings it down to just under 3100lbs. To achieve this dramatic reduction various exterior trims were replaced with carbon fiber, the glass was swapped for polycarbonates, and ditched all the soft bits from the interior, and replaced it with--you guessed it--custom carbon fiber pieces.

• Door panels replaced by flat piece of carbon fiber:

• Dash and center console all finished with carbon fiber:

• Carbon fiber hood and side fenders:

• Side and rear windows all replaced with poly-carbonate materials for weight reduction:

• The engine is virtually untouched except a different intake from what we saw. It's rated the same as regular ISF at 416HP and 371ft-lb torque.

• Brembo high performance brakes replace the factory ones and light weight 19" wheels with Michelin PS2 are found on the car. However, from what we were told, they will be replaced with 18" SSR wheels with Yokohama Advan Neova A050 tires very soon.

• The exhaust has been upgraded together with the addition of a carbon fiber diffuser:

• Track test logging equipment:

• The air inlet on the roof is for ventilation to the inside of the car:

........ Continued in Post # 2

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-09-12 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Mods Please do not Move or Merge this thread.. Thank You
Old 06-06-12, 09:46 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

• Besides bringing over the ISF CCS-R from Japan, Lexus Corporation has also built an ISF CCS-P, a street version of the CCS-R, with CCS-R inspired parts developed by TRD Japan.
    As far as we know this is the only one that exists in the US. Lexus would love to know if you want them to bring over all these CCS-R inspired parts. So ISF owners, time to speak up!

• The ISF CCS-R will stick around for a while, attending some racing events in the coming months. The next event should be in early July, and ClubLexus will continue to bring you all the coverage. We're also working on a few potential events so some local members can see the vehicle up close!

• Remember, Lexus is interested to know what you think of the car and the TRD parts--they'll only know what to bring over to the US if we tell them!

Let's DISCUSS....!!!!!!

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-09-12 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Mods Please do not Move or Merge this thread.. Thank You
Old 06-06-12, 09:51 AM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet Jebus... what I would give to take drive it on the track for a few hours!!!
Old 06-06-12, 09:53 AM
REVSPEC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweeeeeeetttttttttttt.................:d

revspec
Old 06-06-12, 09:56 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what the exhaust tips should have looked like on the production model.
Old 06-06-12, 10:15 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick!!!! love the tips on the exhaust.
Old 06-06-12, 10:15 AM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unbelievable!!!! i love it, i would give up all of the things in my car that are luxurious/convenient to have that car (leather heated seats, power windows, moonroof, trunk, ac, etc...) do we know performance numbers?? with a 700lb weight loss, they must be impressive. wow. wow. wow. wow. id like to know if i could buy one...
Old 06-06-12, 10:19 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe Z said: Besides bringing over the ISF CCS-R from Japan, Lexus Corporation has also built an ISF CCS-P, a street version of the CCS-R, with CCS-R inspired parts developed by TRD Japan.
As far as we know this is the only one that exists in the US. Lexus would love to know if you want them to bring over all these CCS-R inspired parts. So ISF owners, time to speak up!

I like the parts, but I already have enough of a challenge driving in my town NOT attracting the police. The other morning, the "constable" followed me all the way to office to be certain I did not encounter any operational difficulties.

The rear spoiler is too much of an attention getter for my purposes. The ISF CCS-R is wicked.
Old 06-06-12, 10:31 AM
rupavi
Driver School Candidate

I really like the CF splitters and the rear diffuser. I'm not feeling the rear spoiler at all, for the track its understandable since it helps in performance but putting that on a street car would look horrific IMO
Old 06-06-12, 10:45 AM
LBmtb
Driver

OTHER MECHANICAL
Engine oil cooler
Does that mean they upgraded the oil cooler?
Old 06-06-12, 10:45 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Couple of things I noticed. 245/35/19s in front and 265/35/19s in back. That would give the car a 1/2" rake. The sizes and tire manufacturer is different from the specs listed. The brake calipers look like stock F pieces. The pads are probably different though. Slotted Brake discs in front and drilled in back, that's very strange. Like the disc hats

Lexus tells us about the aero effects of the rear exhaust diffuser and tips, and on the race car it deletes those pieces That spoier on the street version certainly is outrageous

The high rise intake manifold looks like a nice piece.

That's so much more to see. Thanks for posting.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 06-06-12 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-06-12, 10:47 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

That is some intense weight reduction! I wish they came stock at around 3100lbs!
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like the hood on the mercury
i took a huge ding from a rock that took it right down to the aluminum a few years back
it always annoys me when i clean it up
Id be interested in replacing it with that hood
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Looks like im going to be ordering a few factory parts when they make themselves available. The car looks great!!!!
Old 06-06-12, 10:50 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, what a sexy beast this thing is!!

Thanks for posting this up Joe, I can't wait to see how it does at Pikes Peak!

As for the parts coming over from Japan, I'm all for it and would invest in a number of these parts if they were made available here in the States. I agree with others that the rear wing wouldn't interest me for the street but as a complete package, this car is pure sex.

Quick Reply: The Wait is Over: Lexus ISF CCS-R Arrives in the USA (Live Pics & Video from PPIHC)