IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

TPMS IDs

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 01:58 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
This is the only picture I have with the new wheels, taken this past weekend. Wheels came from my previous ISF: 20" ISS Forged Spia, chromed lips and matte gunmetal centers.

Nice wheels, having the bike on there would make me crap myself but they look great.
Old 05-30-12, 02:23 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was scared at the beginning but the rack doesn't move at all, it's very safe, besides the bike weights only 23 lbs.
Old 05-30-12, 03:32 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Nice rims!
Old 05-30-12, 04:48 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

I was scared at the beginning but the rack doesn't move at all, it's very safe, besides the bike weights only 23 lbs.
Nice! Looks great
Old 05-30-12, 05:23 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

This is the first time I have ever seen a bike on an F.

As for the apparent idiocy of your dealership, contact Customer Sat at Lexus and lodge a complaint. Then find a real dealer. My dealership gives me exceptional service after buying the RX, GS (sold) and now the F.
Old 05-30-12, 06:49 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry my bike mounted on a trailer hitch from here: http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2011_Lexus.htm I didn't want anything attached to the trunk that might scratch the paint. My Lexus dealer installed the hitch for $100. Downside is the added weight of the hitch, but I don't track the car or street race, so no big deal.
Old 05-30-12, 07:05 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

These racks won't scratch the paint. I just drove 600 miles this past weekend with two bikes on the rack and not a single issue or scratch, they have huge rubber feet and straps that secure everything properly, even at 85 MPH.

http://www.saris.com/
Old 05-31-12, 05:30 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have any Discount Tire in my area, only tire dealers over here are Firestone, Tire Kingdom, and a couple of other names that won't do anything for free.

The device works as advertised, it reads your IDs from the ECU, then saves them to the computer. You can also enter IDs on the computer and save them to the ECU. The computer's database handles multiple cars and summer/winter setups per car. My mistake was that I switched to second set of wheels on the car when I installed the new wheels, yesterday when I read the codes to save them to the PC I forgot to switch back to the original set so the device read all zeroes, and when I wrote the new IDs back to the car I had switched to original so overwrote the OEM IDs. Even if the car doesn't have access to more than one set of TPMS, you can overwrite the IDs as needed as long as you keep records of the IDs for each set (the software does it for you).
So I guess you only get two sets of wheels per car then? I could probably just set up a second car to store the third set of wheels on then hopefully. Definitely considering this because it would save me so many trips to discount tire.
Old 05-31-12, 06:32 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Correct, you can set another car for additional sets of wheels. The software covers spare tires as well as sensors that need to be specific to a certain position (like front passenger). On the ISF it's irrelevant but on some other cars you can read the PSI for each tire from the dashboard. Also you can set tire rotation on the software, that way you know exactly where your sensors are on the car.
Old 05-31-12, 06:48 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Last month I installed aftermarket wheels on my ISF, right away I had the low tire indicator on my instrument cluster. I took the car to the dealer and even though I've been a loyal customer, being on my second ISF, and having purchased a 2012 RX350 at the same time of my 2012 ISF, they refused to do a courtesy setup of my second wheels set. I had all four TPMS IDs on hand, it was just a matter of entering the codes in the car's ECU (no more than 2 minutes). They said that their mechanics don't work for free and that it'd cost $125 to do it. I left the dealer and decided to buy a TPMS writer myself. I got it yesterday and immediately went to the car and programmed the TPMS codes, it worked great! No more low tire lights!

I made a little mistake in the procedure and overwrote the OEM codes with the new ones before saving them into the device, now I'll have the same low tire light if I install the OEM wheels back on the car. So my question is, do dealers have records of the original TPMS IDs from the cars? If so I'll call the dealer and try to get the codes from their system, if not I guess I'll have to unmount the tires and write down the codes from the sensors themselves.
Yes the Bartech we have will id the sensors without removing the tires fron the wheels to get the ID's from the sensors. Our cheapo OTC tpms tool will do it as well, we usually charge a flat $82.50 for reprogramming sensors. Hope this helps
Old 05-31-12, 10:16 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

You can force the TPMS module to transmit its code by rapidly dropping tire pressure more than 5 psi. You just need a device to capture and read the signal, or if your device will pull the codes it is receiving from the ECM you're golden.
Old 05-31-12, 11:42 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Yes, I read that dropping 5 to 6 PSI within a minute will trigger an ID transmit, the problem is that my device is $1350 short of being a scanner. =(

I decided to call my dealer this morning, I talked to my SA and asked if I can have the IDs for my 4 TPMS sensors, I told her that I purchased the car there this February and that information should be in their system. She asked me why I wanted the codes so instead of telling her that by mistake I overwrote them, I told her that I sold the wheels/tires combo and the buyer needed the codes. Her response was that IDs are not stored in their system, cars' records don't include TPMS codes, and instead of offering me to get the sensors scanned at the dealer, she said that I need to unmount the tires and write down the codes directly from the sensor. What a great way to treat a loyal customer!!!
Old 05-31-12, 11:59 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^ Yes, I read that dropping 5 to 6 PSI within a minute will trigger an ID transmit, the problem is that my device is $1350 short of being a scanner. =(

I decided to call my dealer this morning, I talked to my SA and asked if I can have the IDs for my 4 TPMS sensors, I told her that I purchased the car there this February and that information should be in their system. She asked me why I wanted the codes so instead of telling her that by mistake I overwrote them, I told her that I sold the wheels/tires combo and the buyer needed the codes. Her response was that IDs are not stored in their system, cars' records don't include TPMS codes, and instead of offering me to get the sensors scanned at the dealer, she said that I need to unmount the tires and write down the codes directly from the sensor. What a great way to treat a loyal customer!!!
Yeah I was told the same thing by the local dealer. I told them when they wanted to stop treating me like I was ignorant they could have some of my money. Till then I will be going to the other dealer.
Old 05-31-12, 12:07 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

same thing with me, so i went to toyota and got them done for 75 bucks flat rate. and beautiful car man i have the same color.