IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Never have I EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-12, 09:30 PM
Aznxgqboyx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never have I EVER!

Sorry guys, I just need to vent a little, Maybe I'm around the wrong crowd but ever since We got car I met so many haters seriously, do you guys ever run into this problem? I don't care what they think but it gets really annoying sometimes, even the closest friends. Do you guys ever run into a conversion with friends or random people where they say "oh I would of got this instead of the isf, that car isn't worth the price, why didn't you get "x" car instead, I mean seriously. Why so many haters, post your bad exiperience since you got the car I would like to hear please.
Old 05-26-12, 09:59 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

many people never gave the car a chance, the IS F did not sell well at all.

also dont care so much what people think, let them think what they want.
Old 05-26-12, 10:02 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I don't let that stuff bother me. BMW M3 blah blah blah. Doesn't matter. We know why we have this car and we don't regret it and will do it again if we could!

Old 05-26-12, 10:26 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hah... I had people say the same to me... "oh its like an IS250/350" I let him test drive my F and now he owns one LOL.

btw is SN is obby...
Old 05-26-12, 10:46 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

People ask all the time...why did you get this car instead of the M3? I ask why didn't you buy a M3? they don't ever say it but i know they're thinking "because I don't have money to buy a M3"...SO ****!
Old 05-26-12, 11:20 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
People ask all the time...why did you get this car instead of the M3? I ask why didn't you buy a M3? they don't ever say it but i know they're thinking "because I don't have money to buy a M3"...SO ****!
LOL, SO TRUE. I had a lot of people hate on my fake quad exhausts, so I thought about getting an ISS Forged exhaust, but got the JOE-Z, but people don't talk any more crap, cause my 5.0 ISF sounds x100 better then any of the cars they have.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-26-12, 11:33 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran with my friend's C5 Z06 vette last year and lost by very little each time (he would refuse to keep going around turns, scared he would spin out)... and afterwards we got into a little scuffle over texting about how the ISF is overpriced, etc etc. I then spouted out all the features it had, and it shut him up. Now he's selling the vette.
Old 05-27-12, 12:01 AM
mentroc
Driver

haters will hate, don't let that get to you. they are just envious. on the contrary my friends only have good things to say about the isf.
Old 05-27-12, 12:17 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haters gonna hate.

You drive an IS-F. They jelly.
Given the chance, i'm sure they'd love to get an IS-F
Old 05-27-12, 12:18 AM
ISFJames
Rookie

100% of the time, they cant afford either car. I had the same thing happen. turns out the dude can't afford both. drives an old *** camry. Just pure hate and ignorance.
Old 05-27-12, 12:51 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Man dont worry about it. My brother drives a 335i and he treats his car like a baby as so do I with my is250.
Although he has a BMW and I have a Lexus, I haven't had any problems so far other than regular maintenance and some rattling here and there with some annoying *** squeaky breaks.
His car is 08 and a e93, so he was out of warranty since last October.
Wanna know something funny yet true? BMW are meant to break down for reals. He has spent over 4k in repairs since last October till now. What went wrong? First, his liquid cooling oil thingy stopped working so his car over heated and that caused other problems. After he got that repaired, his Active Steering malfunctioned which triggered his DBC and DSC to malfunction. That was a huge bunch of money in repairs.
I just smirk at him while I drive my slow is250 happily
I'm sure ISF is just as stable and as strong as the lower class IS models.
Old 05-27-12, 01:23 AM
PrezJay
Driver

Haters going to hate. I came from a 335 to an IS-F and everyone kept asking me why I didn't get the M3 instead. With all of the problems I had on my 335, there was no way I'd be willing to spend 70k on an M3 that would probably give me the same problems.
Old 05-27-12, 06:03 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my car is awesome and the quad tips create downforce
Old 05-27-12, 07:16 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Just F Me
hey those are MY lyrics!!!! in person, out on the street, very few haters. Everyone breaks their neck, even when my F was stock. Online though, these guys have the biggest mouths. They always say "I woulda got the GTR, the M3, the AMG".......my first word is always, "ya, but which one did you end up going with?" That ends the conversation quick usually haha.

Last edited by meade916; 05-27-12 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-27-12, 07:31 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

There were many haters at first... But after a few races and call-outs they all went away. I think that M3 drivers get more hate nowadays. They seem perplexed when you ask them why their 70k coupe is so slow

Quick Reply: Never have I EVER!