IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Track vids from Streets of Willow - 4/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 12:35 AM
LBmtb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track vids from Streets of Willow - 4/12

A couple friends and I headed to Streets of Willow this past Saturday to have some fun out on the track. This was my second track day in the F (or any car for that matter) and my first at Streets. The car is stock and performed very well all day except for a couple engine oil temp warnings. Temps were ~100 degrees out on the track. There were a few M3's out there but they didn't put on a very good showing. I even lapped one of them in the first session I ended up chasing a TTRS most of the day.

I HIGHLY recommend everybody to take their F to the track. It's a lot of fun and although I still have gobs to learn as a driver, my comfort level was already a lot higher than it was during my first track day.

Montage with annoying dubstep (just a warning in case you want to mute it):

Lap with an instructor:

Regarding the engine oil temp issues - I suspect taking traction control totally off would have helped. Since I'm feeling fairly comfortable out there now I may try taking it off next time.
Old 05-16-12, 07:21 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Nice vids good to see another F owner tracking his cars that what they are met to do as well as serve as DD good luck and continue tracking that F and get as much seat time with an instruction as possible
Old 05-16-12, 07:36 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those gauges telling you how fast you went around the turns and the little dot indicating where you are....awesome! How did you get that?
Old 05-16-12, 08:32 AM
LBmtb
Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Those gauges telling you how fast you went around the turns and the little dot indicating where you are....awesome! How did you get that?
It's an iPhone app called Harry's LapTimer Pro. Also had an device called a Kiwi Wifi which was supposed to feed it info from the OBDII port such as throttle position and RPM's but had some really annoying technical difficulties. (some of them were my fault)
Old 05-16-12, 12:50 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Nice videos, u can drive much faster then that
Old 05-16-12, 01:01 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

very nice video and thanks for sharing... I want to attend some of the classes at the skip barber racing school one of these days so I could really take advantage of everything the F has to offer. Last time I was at laguna seca, there were about 18 ISF's sitting there that I believe they use for the classes!
Old 05-16-12, 01:06 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool vids...it looks like the M3 driver was more of an obstacle than an actual participant.
Old 05-16-12, 01:15 PM
LBmtb
Driver

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Cool vids...it looks like the M3 driver was more of an obstacle than an actual participant.
Definitely. That's the M3 that I lapped in the first session and also saw him spin out later on in the day. Not a good day for the ultimate driving machines.
Originally Posted by blitz_714
Nice videos, u can drive much faster then that
Oh for sure. I'm still a track newbie though and I'm trying to nail down the basics first. Speed will come with time.
Old 05-16-12, 01:31 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LBmtb
Oh for sure. I'm still a track newbie though and I'm trying to nail down the basics first. Speed will come with time.

Well said...

Higher cornering speeds and lower laptimes come naturally with more seat/track time.

You guys were running the track in a backwards direction from the last time I was there...do you know if they're always running the course in that direction now?

Last edited by Apexsports; 05-16-12 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 01:38 PM
SupraBlur
Driver School Candidate

Apologies in advance for my mediocre GT-R showing as well -- lots of time to be made up in the bowl.

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Well said...

Higher cornering speeds and lower laptimes come naturally with more seat/track time.

You guys were running the track in a backwards direction from the last time I was there...do you know if they're always running the course in that direction now?
It is still far more common to run it clockwise, but there are a handful of CCW events throughout the year, which happens to have been both times I've been up there.