IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Roof Spoiler Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-12, 08:04 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roof Spoiler Question

Hey guys I am interested in picking up a roof spoiler and I could not find a good thread with any info on what people recommend. I see that there are so many different roof spoilers for the ISF and i have no idea which one to pick. Soo if those of you with roof spoilers could help me out and put up a picture of your roof spoiler and give it a little review that would be great.

please include how you installed it and if you had any fitment issues.

Thanks
Zack
Old 05-11-12, 08:17 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mind from these guy on EBay and fitment/paint was perfect. plus for the price, you just can’t beat it. All it uses is double sided tape to you window for install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-LEXU...affe34&vxp=mtr
Old 05-11-12, 08:42 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ everybody and their mom in the 2IS forum buys from this seller . From looking at their pics it looks pretty good but doesn't match white that well
Old 05-11-12, 10:00 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Get it on Ebay the carbon fiber one, the fitment is very good and the price is less than 140$ shipped. . Dont get the paint match one , there are members complaint about matching paint.
Old 05-11-12, 11:00 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the ebay CF one for under $100 I think. Fitment is good, real nice addition to the car. Stuck on with 3m doublesided auto tape. I've had it on for about 6 months and you can see the clear coat fogging up already. Might need a polish. I think I will get it painted to match my car after this summer. I will still be under the cost of an authentic on tho!
Old 05-11-12, 11:50 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Get it on Ebay the carbon fiber one, the fitment is very good and the price is less than 140$ shipped. . Dont get the paint match one , there are members complaint about matching paint.
just ordered one
Old 05-11-12, 12:03 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ebay Jun Style Spoiler

Side view

Just leave some space on the top for the rain channel, and there is a minimal gap on the sides of about 2mm - but it fits with the design style

Digger08
Old 05-11-12, 07:32 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

They all look sorta the same. The only difference is the brand. Do you prefer ebay as oppose to brands lke WALD, Artisan Spirits, Think Design, etc. And yes, all of them are held together by "auto-body grade" double sided tape, might just be the double sided tape at Walgreens for all I know with mine....lol. It's been through high pressure car washes so I know it is good. If you think about it, the spoiler is not very agressive at all, so there shouldn't be much fight against the wind.

Also get it for looks, b/c it will not give you more shade in the back.....lol. One of the most must-have and sensible mod to the IS-F.
Old 08-22-12, 12:45 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

To update, I have had my ebay CF roof spoiler on for about 8 months now.. Paid about $100 shipped. Already about a 1/4 of the clear coat is foggy. I used the 3m auto tape from Autozone to put it on, one long piece across the entire spoiler. I am not sure if its the heat of this super hot summer on my black car while I'm at work, or what.. but I noticed the spoiler was starting to loosen up on one side, the tape won't hold on the driver's side half! I'm going to rip it off tonight so I dont lose it on the expressway, like I had read another member lost one.

I expected the clear coat to be lousy on the knock off ebay spoiler, from what everyone has told me it would yellow quickly. I didnt think it'd be less than a year tho! I plan on having it painted to match my car, I think it will flow better being black. Even after having it painted, it will still be half the price for an authentic one. So I am still pretty happy with my purchase
Old 08-22-12, 03:01 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Im runnin w/ an authentic Jun TW roof spoiler, picked it off CL

Old 08-22-12, 03:18 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm putting the Lexon roof spoiler on next week.
Old 08-23-12, 01:18 PM
ashutoshvs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
I ordered the roof spolier yesterday on ebay. I will see how easy it is to install. Any tips would be appreciated. Another question would be about the trunk spoiler. How easy is it to take off the stock one and put a carbon fiber one? Where should I buy one from? I see a few listings on ebay.
Ash
Old 08-23-12, 01:58 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

The roof spoiler should be fairly easy to install... clean the window, use the alcohol wipe provided to make sure the surface is clean, peal back the 3m adhesive, and adhere to the window.

As far as the trunk spoiler, I have no clue.
Old 08-23-12, 03:56 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The stock trunk spoiler is held on with like 4 bolts and double sided tape.
Old 08-23-12, 04:58 PM
cchung0588
Rookie

ebay cf 120 shipped fitments great

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler Question