IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

tired of the scrape!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-12, 08:55 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tired of the scrape!!!!

So i don't know how many F owners out there lowered with a lip and are tired of scraping.... I know i was fed up with it .. .no matter how much of an angle i drive down/up the driveways.. so i decided to do something about it........ here are the pix... ENJOY!!

Old 04-28-12, 08:56 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great idea! i had always wanted to do something similar. i saw the japanese do something similar with what looked like sand paper? in an option magazine.
Old 04-28-12, 09:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice! Even for some of us who are lowered without a lip, this might actually take some of the pain away from scraping. It'd be nice to see after pics after getting in or out of a driveway to see how the material holds up. Of course, the alternative might be to raise the car, but I don't know a lot of people who would choose that route. I do hate myself just a little bit everytime I have my car on a lift and have to see those ugly scrapes from driveways and speed bumps
Old 04-28-12, 10:55 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Great idea. I did the same thing except, I used slip tape meant for skateboards. Much easier to put on.

http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:12...l-white/white/
Old 04-28-12, 10:57 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Isfast
Great idea. I did the same thing except, I used slip tape meant for skateboards. Much easier to put on.

great idea
Old 04-28-12, 11:07 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Isfast

for how long have you had the slip tape installed & how's it holding up? i definitely like the idea and might try it myself, but i feel like the majority of board slides are upon "smoother (less abrasive) objects such as rails, wood, waxed corners & curb and not coarse asphalt?
Old 04-28-12, 11:10 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ProperD
for how long have you had the slip tape installed & how's it holding up? i definitely like the idea and might try it myself, but i feel like the majority of board slides are upon "smoother (less abrasive) objects such as rails, wood, waxed corners & curb and not coarse asphalt?
I shoulda did that!!.. woulda been sooooooo much easier..... ^+1.. i would also like to know how this is holding up because doing this is def easier than what i did...
Old 04-28-12, 11:32 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ProperD
Over a year. It holds up great. I stuck a piece on to the bottom of a heavy weight and dragged it around the concrete outside. The thing is so slippery it is amazing and very little wear.
Old 04-28-12, 11:50 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

ugh!!.... slip tape woulda seriously saved me so much time and cuts on my fingers.... I got quite a few cuts that we ended up saying that if we accidently cut our fingers off with the Galvenized Steel it's ok... we can just replace 'em with JDM fingers... http://www.itk-pro.com/en/pro/kindengisyu.htm

(on a side note: accidents in a garage are no Laughing matter.... NEEDLESS to say.. PLEASE BE CAREFUL and just let the pros do their job)

Last edited by lexuswtf; 04-29-12 at 12:02 AM.