IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SIKKY Headers VOID factory warranty?

Old 04-19-12, 04:18 PM
cchung0588
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIKKY Headers VOID factory warranty?

hey fellow CL members idk if this has been asked before but does installing sikky or ppe headers void factory warranty? i also bought the extended platinum warranty. so i was trying to figure out if it would conflict any way? i've heard mix stories from friends that work at other dealerships about the guidelines in voiding anything. thanks in advanced!
Old 04-19-12, 04:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Well. It will void the emissions warranty for sure. The other parts of the warranty should not be affected unless the dealer, or Lexus, can prove the the installation of headers in some way contributes to whatever fails during the factory warranty.

Lou
Old 04-19-12, 05:27 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ they are ment for offroad use. So yeah they will void the warranty if the dealer decides so. It really depend on the dealer and what is wrong with the car
Old 04-19-12, 06:43 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Not if you known people who know that know people, you know? just had to say it homie. It voids emmisions for sure, but the sikky headers come with a o2 simulator so no check engine light, and you dont get the sniffer test. I have the extended warranty on mine and it aint voided since i know the crew at the clear lake lexus dealership. The foreman actually drives a f with all the bolt ons we have, so if his is covered im sure mine is too. And on a sidenote, headers make a hell of a difference
Old 04-19-12, 08:13 PM
TokyoF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes....simply adding an intake will void your warranty.
Old 04-19-12, 08:57 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you know EW will send a claim inpsector / field tech if the repair costs exceed its threshold?

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Not if you known people who know that know people, you know? just had to say it homie. It voids emmisions for sure, but the sikky headers come with a o2 simulator so no check engine light, and you dont get the sniffer test. I have the extended warranty on mine and it aint voided since i know the crew at the clear lake lexus dealership. The foreman actually drives a f with all the bolt ons we have, so if his is covered im sure mine is too. And on a sidenote, headers make a hell of a difference
Old 04-20-12, 06:48 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TokyoF
Yes....simply adding an intake will void your warranty.
Either you're wrong, or every dealer is different.

I've spoken with the service managers at Lexus of Austin, and they directly told me that bolt-ons (i.e. exhaust, headers, intake) will NOT void the warranty.
Old 04-20-12, 07:28 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Did you know EW will send a claim inpsector / field tech if the repair costs exceed its threshold?

It has alot to do with the size of the shop, the work they have done in the past, the certification, amount of work they put out etc etc. i know this since i work for navistar-international. Every tech has different access to stuff. I am one ofthe few here at my location where if something is said to e wrong they usually wont question it, it just gets approved. Every once in a while they have a newbie guy fresh out of college who decides to go by the book and have techs go around in circles, and in the end the cause of a problem is what we usually tell them it is. Its really a matter of the guy who is approving the repairs. Usually my tech support advisors are the same guys, but wvery once in a while, it sucks lol. Youd be surprised how much a dealer can cover for a good customer and all the back doors available.
Old 04-20-12, 08:33 AM
MMCRacing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Either you're wrong, or every dealer is different.

I've spoken with the service managers at Lexus of Austin, and they directly told me that bolt-ons (i.e. exhaust, headers, intake) will NOT void the warranty.
Your warranty is not with your local dealer, it is with Lexus. If your engine goes and your dealer requests it covered, Lexus will make that call.

So in other words, your dealer can't make that promise.
Old 04-20-12, 10:54 AM
cchung0588
Rookie

Originally Posted by F4Fast
lol hook it up! i was debating weither or not i should get it installed hahha but hey u know of a local shop in clear lake or houston that will install the headers for a decent price?
Old 04-20-12, 10:55 AM
cchung0588
Rookie

thanks for the replies fellow cl members it was greatly apprciated!!
Old 04-21-12, 04:52 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMCRacing
Your warranty is not with your local dealer, it is with Lexus. If your engine goes and your dealer requests it covered, Lexus will make that call.

So in other words, your dealer can't make that promise.
Right but the dealer is the eyes, ears & nose of the operation and can say whether or not the problem just happend or was forced by the owner.
So a glowing reccomendation to repair usually goes through the approval process.

~Dv8
Old 04-22-12, 04:10 AM
TokyoF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Right but the dealer is the eyes, ears & nose of the operation and can say whether or not the problem just happend or was forced by the owner.
So a glowing reccomendation to repair usually goes through the approval process.

~Dv8
If your aftermarket intake trips a code, and you take it to the dealer, you will paying out of pocket to figure things out.....same thing with an exhaust and things like leakage. If you get a CEL and have no mods, it's covered. As stated before, Lexus corporate covers your warranty, not the dealership, which are basically middle men in the entire process. They don't have the authority to bottom line warranty issues.
Old 04-22-12, 08:54 PM
MMCRacing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388

~Dv8
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 04-22-12, 10:12 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why is that?? I actually agree with him. I am a master tech and a shop forman for KIA. I have been in the business for 16 year. Me and my staff have a lot of influence on major repairs covered. If a loyal customer has an issue they get more out of us then some guy that has never been a customer but needs something. If you have a modified car there typically has to be proof that the modification was in direct relashionship to the damage. Most manufactures want there customers to be happy, it's like anything else. If you go in to it with the attitude that you own the world it will be either perceived as a challenge or they will give you what you want to shut you up. The first senero is the more commen. If your go to your dealer for regular service and have a good relashionship with them they will more then likely do what they can to help you but in the end it is decided by Lexus district service manager not a deal employee.
Or you could just swap everything back to stock before you go to the dealer in the unlikely event that you have a major failure.
Originally Posted by MMCRacing
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SIKKY Headers VOID factory warranty?