Pic of your IS-F - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-15, 11:07 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=JT2MA71;9101979]

Went for a nice drive today.

^the heck you doin out in concrete?! Lol, the cascade loop back into darrington then Arlington is a nice cruise.
Old 07-07-15, 02:33 AM
MR2QIK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got rear ended while waiting to turn @ an intersection....Absolutely gutted! Rear bar busted, Toms diffuser smashed, bootlid bent & rear quarter damaged. With insurance now for repair. The next few weeks/months without the ISF is going to be torture.

Name:  20150706_132206.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  260.8 KB

Name:  20150706_133439_RichtoneHDR.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  256.5 KB

Name:  20150706_133323.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  660.5 KB

Name:  20150706_144715_RichtoneHDR.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  388.3 KB
Old 07-07-15, 03:24 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Damn dude!

So sorry to see this!

Hope the insurance covers all the repairs, and you don't have too long without your F.

Stay safe guys.
Old 07-07-15, 05:45 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Ouch, that insurance company is going to **** when they realize how expensive some of those add ons are. Hope they move quickly and get that stuff ordered soon. Sorry to hear bout the accident, hope you are feeling ok.
Old 07-07-15, 07:03 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The damage on the Tom's diffuser doesn't look too bad. You could easily take it to a shop and have them add epoxy and fit it up, then have it repainted to match the body. It actually looks a bit better IMO when the diffuser color matches the body.
Old 07-07-15, 11:33 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey! That diffuser isn't in that bad of shape, my Tom's diffuser was worse than that and I got it painted gloss black and it looked great! I know that kzlflash has a color matched Toms diffuser as well!!

-Josh (Joshhleee, SGM ISF)
Old 07-07-15, 01:29 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Will insurance companies replace aftermarket parts such as that Toms diffuser? I know you can buy extra coverage to cover parts like that but I always thought that basic insurance would only cover OEM parts that the car came with. One of the main reasons I have not pulled the trigger on a Wald diffuser is for this very reason.
Old 07-07-15, 02:06 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Will insurance companies replace aftermarket parts such as that Toms diffuser? I know you can buy extra coverage to cover parts like that but I always thought that basic insurance would only cover OEM parts that the car came with. One of the main reasons I have not pulled the trigger on a Wald diffuser is for this very reason.
a lot of insurance companies insure up to 1000 dollars for aftermarket accessories if you have original receipts . if you want more coverage than 1k, you will have to pay.
Old 07-07-15, 02:29 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

True about your cover needing to specify additional modifications, but, if the accident was not your fault, how does it work with the other drivers insurance??

I only ask as the op was rear ended, pretty sure that's an automatic default of liability on the driver that hit him??

I'd expect their insurance to replace all my mods like for like.

I only ask as I work in the insurance industry, albeit property as opposed to motor.
Old 07-07-15, 04:24 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Originally Posted by PDP180180
True about your cover needing to specify additional modifications, but, if the accident was not your fault, how does it work with the other drivers insurance??

I only ask as the op was rear ended, pretty sure that's an automatic default of liability on the driver that hit him??.
I guess this is what I am trying to understand. If it's not my fault, then I expect that everything (aftermarket or not) would be replaced. But is this reality?
Old 07-07-15, 05:40 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
I guess this is what I am trying to understand. If it's not my fault, then I expect that everything (aftermarket or not) would be replaced. But is this reality?
They don't have a damn choice. They must restore the vehicle to the condition that it was in. Long as you have receipts to prove purchase value they don't get to skimp on the bill. I would even battle them for vehicle depreciation if it was an accident free car. Insurance companies are quick to settle, play hard ball and you will usually win.

As for your own insurance, yes, you would be required to increase your aftermarket coverage.
Old 07-07-15, 06:35 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

After a quick wash
Attached Thumbnails Pic of your IS-F - RIGHT NOW!-fb_img_1436313793499.jpg   Pic of your IS-F - RIGHT NOW!-fb_img_1436319165557.jpg  
Old 07-07-15, 06:35 PM
MR2QIK
Driver

Thanks for the support everyone, I was given a Hyundai hatch courtesy car to add insult to injury. A business partner immediately joked "my how the mighty have fallen" lol.

Insurance policies obviously vary between companies & countries. The driver that hit me, was an honest person & raised a claim within an hour, accepting full responsibility. In that sense, I am fortunate. As I was not at fault, they pretty much have to repair the vehicle to the state it was in (or better) prior to the accident. Whether I have comprehensive insurance (which I do) or not, & to what extent, is basically irrelevant. Where this get complicated, is with the Toms diffuser being a "discontinued" item. The repairer requested I forward him my invoice for the diffuser, so he can flag it with the insurer. Spoke to the accessor & he predicts, that they'll compensate me based on that price & allow me to search for the item on my own (rather than trying to replace it with something not quite the same).

I also formally requested that they do not dispose of the Wald wing & diffuser if they replace them. Given the vehicle has a layer of "paint protection" I also clarified that I expect any new or re-painted parts/panels to have an equivalent layer of protection applied.

FFM, you raise a very valid point as far as depreciation is concerned. It was an accident free car. The insurer "guarantees/warrants" the repairs for the life of vehicle, but given a potential future buyer can label the car as having been in an accident (although not a major one), it would have an affect on the resale value. I will raise this. Thankyou for bringing that to my attention.

As for my own coverage, which covers me "comprehensively" in the event of theft, at fault accident or if the "at fault" party disappears, the modifications are only covered if I declare them & they agree to cover them. Australian insurance companies typically have you list your modifications (upfront or as you do them) & they associate a $$$ value to the modification, in case of an accident claim. The overall vehicle value is subject to the terms of insurance (agreed or based on market value). Whether your yearly (or monthly) premium is affected by modification, varies by insurer.

ModInJapan, the carbon fibre has turned quite brittle. I can obviously make repairs/reinforcements & paint it, but I'd rather not have to be forced into a "sacrifice" of sorts. If I can't find a replacement Toms diffuser, I can do the proposed & also make a mould, enabling me to remake the item in carbon fibre in future.

SemnosNSX, it would depend on your insurance policy & the circumstances surrounding your accident. Best clarify with your insurer. I sure wouldn't let it hold me back getting a rear diffuser though.
Old 07-07-15, 08:50 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Originally Posted by MR2QIK
SemnosNSX, it would depend on your insurance policy & the circumstances surrounding your accident. Best clarify with your insurer. I sure wouldn't let it hold me back getting a rear diffuser though.
Thanks for all the info. I'm sorry for the headache that you are going through, I know these types of situations are never fun. Hang in there... I'm sure everything will work out
Old 07-07-15, 10:28 PM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

out for a drive.

by marny quinto, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Pic of your IS-F - RIGHT NOW!