No more flashing AFS light.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 07:42 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Was this a DIY? ... um yes... guilty... I did the install myself and everything was good with the exception of the damn "Check headlight system" warning light...

Thanks for the links though, I was able to figure out what the heck went wrong. It was the damn AFS sensor arm. I made sure not to mess with the damn thing during the install, but when I was pushing the arm down to install the shock/spring it somehow bent in the "Z" position. It took all bout 5 mins to flip that bad boy around the correct way "L" and problem solved! No more damn warning light!

Thanks JoeZ you da man!
No Problem..!!

That's what these forums are for.. Helping each other out..

~ Joe Z
Old 10-31-13, 10:34 AM
itsivan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Instead of unplugging the harness, you can pull out the actual AFS fuse. Takes less than 30 seconds..
Which is located in the drivers side fuse block under the dash. (See owners Manual as well)

BUT......

Agreed.... So it's easier than pulling the small plug/harness out of the AFS ECU....

Still NOT the solution I'm looking for... Looks like black tape inside the cluster led is going to prevail on this one..

~ Joe Z
Under driver dash Is there a diff name for the fuse i cant see any afs also i bought my car with out the manual so i feel helpless
Old 10-31-13, 05:36 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Now I'm confused... So the problem cannot be solved?

I'm still thinking of where to get my 2011 light installed on my 09 isf... it looks too complicated for me ...sigh...
Old 10-31-13, 07:03 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I ended up plugging the AFS computer back in and pulling just the fuse. After a while I decided, like Joe, that I liked my auto leveling feature. There is no easy way to really stop the flashing only work arounds. I searched and found a thread on how to remove the instrument cluster and take the left side apart. After I got it off I just cut a small piece of black electrical tape to cover the light. Again it took some searching but the thread is out there to guide you step by step. Good luck.
Old 10-31-13, 07:04 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyfishy
Now I'm confused... So the problem cannot be solved?

I'm still thinking of where to get my 2011 light installed on my 09 isf... it looks too complicated for me ...sigh...
yes the problem can be solve but with only those 2 options so far. either use black tape to cover it or pull the fuse. its really an easy job if u have a dremel tool to cut some of the brackets off and probably the hardest part is getting the ballast out and reusing it. its a bit tricky but there is a youtube video that shows you how.
Old 09-07-15, 08:38 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by itsivan
Under driver dash Is there a diff name for the fuse i cant see any afs also i bought my car with out the manual so i feel helpless
Just pulled the fuse. Super easy. It is the 3rd fuse down on left side. 7.5 amp. H -LP -LVL name of fuse.
Old 06-27-16, 02:35 PM
RjSdXm
Driver School Candidate

Hey Joe I saw you have quite a bit knowledge on the headlight upgrade for the Lexus ISF. I purchased the lexus upgrade lights from ebay that were prewired a while back, and I pulled the plug on the afs so the light would stop blinking, but the issue I'm having is every time I make a right turn my right headlamp goes out. Once I turn my head lights completely out and back on the light turns back on, but as soon as I make another tight turn the light goes out again. Do you have any idea what that could be or if there is a remedy? Thanks so much in advance it means a lot.

Joe
Old 06-28-16, 12:57 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the same problem after i changed my shocks
i wanted to adjust the leveling , but i couldnt figure it out after couple of trys