IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Which CF front lip spoiler?
Ventross
33.33%
ICode
22.22%
Lexon
48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Which Front Lip Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-12, 12:28 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Front Lip Spoiler?

Guys, I need your help.....
I can't decide which front lip spoiler to put on my F this spring and need to make a decision. I've narrowed it down to three.... the Ventross, Lexon (CF) and the Icode. (Links attatched) I think I prefer the look of the Ventross, but have heard that fitment can be poor. Also, I'm worried about it being a little lower than compared to the iCode/Lexon and would therefore scrape more especially when I finally put on some coilovers... Another problem is I can only find one pic of the Icode on the F and was wondering if anyone had more pics of it on their F (or links I couldn't find) Also looking for the CF version of the Lexon on the F as well. TIA for everyones opinion/help!! BTW not really interested in the Wald or TOM's...

Icode:
http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....nt-lip-spoiler

Ventross:

Lexon:
Old 02-13-12, 12:34 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I am in the same boat as you right now, looking at front and rear spoilers. I happen to like the Ventross and the Downforce ones at the moment. There is really nothing wrong with the Lexon one, not sure I like how the Icode one looks overall. Just my opinion of course, good luck with whatever one you choose though.
Old 02-13-12, 12:35 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I am in the same boat as you right now, looking at front and rear spoilers. I happen to like the Ventross and the Downforce ones at the moment. There is really nothing wrong with the Lexon one, not sure I like how the Icode one looks overall. Just my opinion of course, good luck with whatever one you choose though.
Good to know I'm not the only one who can't decide.... LOL. the downforce one looks cool too....
Old 02-13-12, 12:37 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

I like the Ventross and def would consider getting it for myself. You bring up a good point about scraping though. The reason I like it is because its is more pronounced and adds to the car a lot, but thats why it prob will scrape..
Old 02-13-12, 12:39 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My vote is for Ventross, although I do see you're planning to get coilovers, so ride height will be a factor. Icode doesn't really do anything for me, and I think a few members have Lexon already. Haven't seen too many Ventross. My second choice would be Lexon since there is an option for FRP. Honestly, road damage on an FRP won't be as bad in comparison to CF, I think.

Best of luck!
Old 02-13-12, 01:09 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Good to know I'm not the only one who can't decide.... LOL. the downforce one looks cool too....
Haha, yeah. Any plans on a rear diffuser? I really like the S4Play one, not sure how you go about getting that though. There again I think the Downforce one looks pretty good. Without a lot of cars to see how some of these pieces look, its hard to want drop that kind of money.
Old 02-13-12, 02:39 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i like lexon and icode
Old 02-13-12, 04:12 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my downforce one!! Very nice quality and A+ customer servic. Side skirts are sweet too! they really set the car off.

Last edited by darbs242; 02-13-12 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-13-12, 05:02 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

why not auto couture? I chose Icode cuz its rare!
Old 02-13-12, 06:21 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by darbs242
I love my downforce one!! Very nice quality and A+ customer servic. Side skirts are sweet too! they really set the car off.

Looks great! Do you have an album somewhere? Would love to see the side skits and front lip from some other angles. Do you have a rear diffuser too?
Old 02-13-12, 06:22 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
why not auto couture? I chose Icode cuz its rare!
Saw this on a USB this summer in Chicago. Looked great, another good choice for front lip for sure.
Old 02-13-12, 07:18 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ventross.....but damn these lips are expensive :/
Old 02-13-12, 07:20 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the downforce piece too

need something cheap because the lip is gonna eat **** on these boston roads
Old 02-14-12, 08:28 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Haha, yeah. Any plans on a rear diffuser? I really like the S4Play one, not sure how you go about getting that though. There again I think the Downforce one looks pretty good. Without a lot of cars to see how some of these pieces look, its hard to want drop that kind of money.
here's where you can get the S4play rear diffuser..... (I plan on getting one as well!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-20...item414f6bcc0a
Old 02-14-12, 08:33 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Thanks for everybody's input! I'm a little suprised that there's not much love for the icode one..... maybe it's the red icode emblem in the front/middle of the lip. I actually think this might look good on my car as I'm planning on painting my brake calipers red this spring. Anyway, now I think I'm leaning toward the CF Lexon one now..... not many have it unpainted on here and I'm still concerned about fitment issues and probably increased dragging with the ventross one....

Quick Reply: Which Front Lip Spoiler?