IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Old 09-26-12, 10:31 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I love the Panamera as well I have been looking at them for a while..After having my son three monthsago I have been contemplatng the idea..The F gets driven like once or twice a week and im a bit more concerned at this point to be able to take my son around in the car and have fun..just not enough space and the panamera provides way more.. I love the white on marsala turbo i think it was about 127K... I almost pushed the trigger once but ended up buying a rental house,...was much better investment to this day haha..but anyway I love them...My friend eats me alive in his with four grown men in his .. just beautiful I love em
Old 09-26-12, 10:47 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

^ If you're talking about the turbo and not the GTS, you can't really knock a "station wagon" that can run 0-60 in sub 4 seconds and handle on rails straight from the factory.

If I were going to spend +$100K on a family car, personally I'd rather have the Cayenne Turbo, but the Panamera is not a bad choice.
Old 09-26-12, 11:39 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
^ If you're talking about the turbo and not the GTS, you can't really knock a "station wagon" that can run 0-60 in sub 4 seconds and handle on rails straight from the factory.

If I were going to spend +$100K on a family car, personally I'd rather have the Cayenne Turbo, but the Panamera is not a bad choice.
A friend of mine had the Cayenne Turbo and he said the maintenance on it was insane because of how big it was. He said it would chew up brakes and tires like no other. He also owns a 996 4S for his daily driver and a 997 GT3.
Old 09-26-12, 01:29 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
A friend of mine had the Cayenne Turbo and he said the maintenance on it was insane because of how big it was. He said it would chew up brakes and tires like no other. He also owns a 996 4S for his daily driver and a 997 GT3.
I can believe it would be expensive to maintain. I would think that someone with that stable of cars isn't TOO worried about how much brakes and tires cost though. I doubt S4play is either. You're just not looking at $100K+ cars as a 4th or 5th car in the garage and worrying about how much tires cost. For us regular people though, yeah, that's a lot of money!
Old 09-26-12, 02:05 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if i had a kid id probably get the panamera it is a nice car at first i was like that car is fugly!! but it has grown on me over the time and i actually now like it lol...
Old 09-26-12, 02:06 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

He looks at everything from a perspective of how much he drives the car vs how much attention it needs. He drives his 4S much more, but it requires half that of the Cayenne.

You know what they say...people who have money, have money for a reason. People like me...spend money on cars, and have no money...
Old 09-26-12, 02:07 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ lol but spending $ is fun you can't take it to the grave with you!
Old 09-26-12, 03:47 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

So very true! It's always nice to spend lavishly AND still have some aside for the future.
Old 09-26-12, 04:29 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

He looks at everything from a perspective of how much he drives the car vs how much attention it needs. He drives his 4S much more, but it requires half that of the Cayenne.

You know what they say...people who have money, have money for a reason. People like me...spend money on cars, and have no money...
Dont lie now Ku Tommy when was the last time u spend any $$$ on your car ? except u broke the transmission lolz.
Old 09-26-12, 06:26 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Dont lie now Ku Tommy when was the last time u spend any $$$ on your car ? except u broke the transmission lolz.
Well...unlike you (which I think COULD be the smarter move), you bought a pre-owned IS F for under 40k, where as I bought a brand new one at $63k back in 2008....so...technically, I've spent a ton more than you already and I don't have any mods.

I think modding is cool...but I don't know why, but I just feel the IS F is fine the way it is. I mean....if I got rims, it's $3000+. Exhaust and headers...another $3000+... Coilovers...another $2000+ Carbon lips and non-functional aero parts another $2000+

Will the car be $10000 BETTER. I look at cost vs performance. Not sure the car will get A LOT better than what it is already. Trade factory BBS forged 19s for another set of 19s? Doesn't make sense. I think the factory wheels look great.

I guess I want to buy a car that is modded from the factory and leave it the way it is. Hence why my next car will be a Porsche and preferably a Porsche GT3 RS.

Why buy a Panamera then mod it? Like s4play...Just buy a GTS...DONE!
Old 09-26-12, 06:32 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

The reason u mods it because u wouldnt want your car to look like any other cars and u doing for your taste, pleasure , either for performance or for look or for both . That is the same reasons of all cars enthusiastic doing it. I got the car only 17k miles and about 48k $$$ out the door lolz .
Old 09-26-12, 07:22 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blitz_714
The reason u mods it because u wouldnt want your car to look like any other cars and u doing for your taste, pleasure , either for performance or for look or for both . That is the same reasons of all cars enthusiastic doing it. I got the car only 17k miles and about 48k $$$ out the door lolz .
WORD!!! Modding is core.
Old 09-26-12, 08:29 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
WORD!!! Modding is core.
Werd x 3.
Old 09-26-12, 08:32 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Well...unlike you (which I think COULD be the smarter move), you bought a pre-owned IS F for under 40k, where as I bought a brand new one at $63k back in 2008....so...technically, I've spent a ton more than you already and I don't have any mods.

I think modding is cool...but I don't know why, but I just feel the IS F is fine the way it is. I mean....if I got rims, it's $3000+. Exhaust and headers...another $3000+... Coilovers...another $2000+ Carbon lips and non-functional aero parts another $2000+

Will the car be $10000 BETTER. I look at cost vs performance. Not sure the car will get A LOT better than what it is already. Trade factory BBS forged 19s for another set of 19s? Doesn't make sense. I think the factory wheels look great.

I guess I want to buy a car that is modded from the factory and leave it the way it is. Hence why my next car will be a Porsche and preferably a Porsche GT3 RS.

Why buy a Panamera then mod it? Like s4play...Just buy a GTS...DONE!
If I didn't know any better, I say that's a low blow to an obvious tongue-in-cheek by Blitz....

As for mods, there is no such thing as a mod from the factory. If there is, then it's called a factory option. Modding is about individuality. Whoever misled you to believe that modding is about cost efficiency lied to you. Modding is about personal taste and at times, can actually be cost efficient with respect to gains in performance, but it is certainly not always the case. Modding is subjective. The butt dyno is subjective. You do it b/c you can. Everyone mods their cars in some way or fashion. From upgrading the car stereo to buying a better set of tires, it's modding. Saying you don't mod or trying to make the case that modding should always be cost efficient with respect to gains is "noobish" in my book. I wonder why there are vendors all over Club Lexus? I wonder why there is SEMA?.....hmmm .
Old 09-26-12, 10:36 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Yep, PurduePete...you don't know any better. I happen to know Blitz_714 and I think his car is awesome and what he's done with it. Never have I criticized how his car looks and what he's done. However, I look at myself and ask, would I spend the money he did on his car on my own? And the answer is no.

Lets get something straight...nobody misled me anywhere...how is my own opinion actually someone misleading me? That's just stupid. Yes, some people mod for individuality, but I'm past that point now where I actually want mods that gains something. I bought the IS F because I liked the way it was stock.

Noobish huh? Why are people putting Vossen CV5s on their car, when the quality of their factory BBS wheel probably exceeds the Vossen wheels? (BTW, I happen to like the Vossen wheels). A lot of people on the forum talk about doing this and that to their car to make it handle better when I can bet that a lot of us don't even know how to drive the IS F to its very limits. This conversation can go on and on.

Is an IS F not a modded (factory modded, whatever the hell you want to call it) version of a standard IS?

PurduePete, you obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say and it was very basic and I will not try to explain my opinion to you. Never did I even say "you guys are wasting your money modding your cars" so don't bring up stupid stuff like smart *** remarks about why vendors all over CL and why there is SEMA because you're asking stupid rhetorical questions at that point.

So lets get back on topic and talk about this currently non-existant GS F....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?