IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 10:06 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
good choice! when the panamera first debuted I thought it was hideous but man did it grow on me. hope to get into one after i move on from the F.
Panamera actually looks better every time I see it.
Old 09-25-12, 12:52 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Panamera actually looks better every time I see it.
If your into the "station wagon" look...
Old 09-25-12, 01:07 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Can't wait any longer Lexus!

I drove the new M5 and disappointed with it's exterior looks so most likely going to get a Panamera GTS later this year - for those of you who have not driven or seen this car, it's a masterpiece!

(yes I know it's $100k+ so not really an IS-F competitor but it does everything the IS-F does, just better and with more precision and power. The interior still only seats 4 but with the fold down rear seats, it turns into a huge SUV like rear which I love.

oh well....we already have enough Lexus vehicles in our household right now (x3)
By the time you tire of the Panamera, maybe Lexus will have actually released a GS-F or something that competes with the M5. Did you take a look at the Audi S8 by chance? If you're talking Panamera GTS money it be worth a test drive at least.

I've got two young kids myself, and while I can fit the whole family in my ISF, it isn't our car of choice for trips of any length, so I can understand you wanting something larger.
Old 09-25-12, 01:26 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I've got two young kids myself, and while I can fit the whole family in my ISF, it isn't our car of choice for trips of any length, so I can understand you wanting something larger.
What if you put the kids in the trunk? Does it change anything?
Old 09-25-12, 01:30 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
What if you put the kids in the trunk? Does it change anything?
Well it helps me attain that 50/50 weight distribution we're all searching for.
Old 09-25-12, 04:26 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL, at this stage in my life I'm into any look that is both cool and practical. The GTS has a very spacey look to it and some even compare it to the RX-8 (silly I know) but whatever, I really like the car and I know looks are 100% subjective but it has really grown on me. Plus the ability to go pickup my parents and their huge suitcases without switching to one of our family SUV's would be awesome. A sports car that I can use as a DD or for most any occasion is just too cool.

With the AWD I could even take this thing to Tahoe if I really wanted to...hehe

It looks like a super large sedan from the side view but once you are inside and driving, it feels like my old GT3 in every way and certainly handles like one! I was surprised how fast I can take highway sweepers and in Sport Mode Plus this thing is a beast giving perfectly matched downshifts as it backfires and sounds like a true race car. Put it back into auto mode and even my wife will like how smooth it gets.

I'm older but I don't feel I'm old enough for an S-class, 7-series or S8 just yet, give me another 10 years!

Having a N/A v8 motor is what most of us want for the new IS-F but I think this is not going to happen so Porsche really has done a great job in building a practical sports car. It's price is slightly more than a GTR but it's light years ahead of the Nissan in terms of refinement giving 80% of the GTR's performance and 100% more practicality.

The big dilemma right now for me is build my own given the Porsche options (really want the yellow seat belts and deviated stitching) or just buying the one they have on the showroom floor.
Old 09-25-12, 04:34 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by staman
If your into the "station wagon" look...
Well if you can call this a station wagon, then I guess you can say I do

Old 09-25-12, 04:44 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I love that station wagon! Even more so in turbo form!
Old 09-25-12, 06:08 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm older but I don't feel I'm old enough for an S-class, 7-series or S8 just yet, give me another 10 years!

Having a N/A v8 motor is what most of us want for the new IS-F but I think this is not going to happen so Porsche really has done a great job in building a practical sports car. It's price is slightly more than a GTR but it's light years ahead of the Nissan in terms of refinement giving 80% of the GTR's performance and 100% more practicality.

The big dilemma right now for me is build my own given the Porsche options (really want the yellow seat belts and deviated stitching) or just buying the one they have on the showroom floor.
So how old are you?

Everyone should never forget...Porsche is right behind Lexus as far as quality and reliability. Porsche is the super car you can drive daily and not worry about it catching on fire and crap.

New Panamera GTS looks GREAT...back is good looking...but the back 3/4 view isn't so much...but who cares, other people will be looking at the back when you smoke them.
Old 09-25-12, 07:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadog99
There will always be a battle between True F and F sport. I consider us as the OG F. MMMMM intersting plate ideas.

TRUE F
TRU-F
OG F
GOT F
ONLY1F
i don't see where a battle would brew btwn. F/F Sport. F is F and F Sport is different components which breathes some life into a car that can stand a little more ooommmff. the F already has it,,, hands down. you can't even compare the 2.
Old 09-25-12, 07:43 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

that Panamera is FIRE!!!. my favorite color too...
Old 09-25-12, 08:31 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the new Audi RS 5. Looks hot, except for the stock wheels. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
Old 09-25-12, 10:05 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, at this stage in my life I'm into any look that is both cool and practical...Plus the ability to go pickup my parents and their huge suitcases without switching to one of our family SUV's would be awesome. A sports car that I can use as a DD or for most any occasion is just too cool....in Sport Mode Plus this thing is a beast giving perfectly matched downshifts as it backfires and sounds like a true race car. Put it back into auto mode and even my wife will like how smooth it gets.
Isn't it interesting how priorities change? When I was single I didn't appreciate the fact that when you're married with kids - even if you could afford it - it's a little selfish to have a pure two seater sports car. I haven't got anything against it. Don't get me wrong - I truly respect performance machines from the FR-S to the LFA. But have to agree with s4play that it becomes REALLY cool when you've got the practicality AND the fun in one package like the Panamera. It's another reason I am impressed with the IS F. You get all the luxury, practicality, and horsepower to enjoy without leaving the family behind. I wrote a review of the FR-S that lamented the fact that I couldn't see buying this even as a third "fun" car for the same reasons: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-frs-178.html

All I have to say is BRING THE GS F to market. I want to have my cake and eat it too!
Old 09-26-12, 07:39 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
that Panamera is FIRE!!!. my favorite color too...
The white is sexy for sure - I just wish it has yellow PCCB brakes and yellow seat belts/yellow deviated stitching like my GT3. I may just order the car again like last time.

Originally Posted by 7No
Check out the new Audi RS 5. Looks hot, except for the stock wheels. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
RS5 is an impressive car but too small really for 2 kids and a growing family. Plus knowing Audi the RS5 will NOT be cheap!

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Isn't it interesting how priorities change? When I was single I didn't appreciate the fact that when you're married with kids - even if you could afford it - it's a little selfish to have a pure two seater sports car. I haven't got anything against it. Don't get me wrong - I truly respect performance machines from the FR-S to the LFA. But have to agree with s4play that it becomes REALLY cool when you've got the practicality AND the fun in one package like the Panamera. It's another reason I am impressed with the IS F. You get all the luxury, practicality, and horsepower to enjoy without leaving the family behind. I wrote a review of the FR-S that lamented the fact that I couldn't see buying this even as a third "fun" car for the same reasons: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-frs-178.html

All I have to say is BRING THE GS F to market. I want to have my cake and eat it too!
Yea priorities do change and kids are hard work with two kids so young but everytime they do something silly or goofy, makes it all worth it.

My daughter really keeps me on my toes and is quite the car gal already
Old 09-26-12, 08:09 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had twins and boy is it fun getting both car seats into the F! has my pressed up against my steering wheel haha extra room that the gs f would provide would be embraced with arms wide open by me

Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?