IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stealth Nitrous for Dv8

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-12, 09:31 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dv8 ISF

I bought the NX kit from Mitch08ISF back in September. I just got around to install it recently.
I'd like to thank Mitch for all his help, great guy.

I installed it and was very **** about its installation. Its currently setup the same way Mitch ran it, for the exception of a few minor things. The biggest being that I'm running on E85 in the SAFE cell instead of race gas. I have jetted it for such.
I've only used it a little since its install because I'm waiting on a bottle heater, since I can't get it higher than 700psi bottle pressure in this weather. I've got several years experience with nitrous so , this is no new venture except all the new age electronics. It fees smooth and linear. If you don't have a good half mile of fairly straight road, forget about squeezing.
I'm planning on hitting the track this weekend with my race car, I think I'll bring the ISF too. I don't expect to run faster than a high 11 as it stands now, until I get the appropriate tires and more familiar with the system, but it will be fun regardless.

Thanks again, Mitch.

~Dv8

Last edited by Dv8tion388; 05-14-12 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-01-12, 09:44 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently it's my understanding that slayer has the fastest quarter mile... I wonder how you will fair.?

Looking forward to your results.

Last edited by CCJ22; 02-01-12 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-02-12, 04:47 AM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dv8
good luck with youre car i just installed the headers, PTS, joe z intake and toms filter. and just received the nos system, to start installing. after installation going to the dyno to see if everything is ok. ill post up the number. like you I want to see and get the best numbers ion the track.

i tried the search but could not find enything what are the best tires for this set up to the drag strip.

mitch can you repost youre tire set up?

regards
Alfredo
2011 IS-F joez intake , headers, pts, toms filter , nx (installing)

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Currently it's my understanding that slayer has the fastest quarter mile... I wonder how you will fair.?

Looking forward to your results.
Old 02-02-12, 08:02 AM
JLMTX83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, setup looks great
Old 02-02-12, 08:15 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

slick set up...post 1/4 mile times one you run it
Old 02-02-12, 10:59 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

I cant wait to take it down the track, but my main priority is my other car, so during cool downs i'll run down the F and get more familiar with the setup and rejet as nessasary. Maybe bring the blow torch to up the bottle pressure....

~Dv8
Old 02-02-12, 12:42 PM
madastep
Pole Position

I'm interested too, i have the headers/intake exhaust as well and i'm interested in the N2O but i've been nervous, since i've never used it before
Old 02-02-12, 12:59 PM
JLMTX83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by madastep
I'm interested too, i have the headers/intake exhaust as well and i'm interested in the N2O but i've been nervous, since i've never used it before
The nice thing is you can always start small and rejet and increase power as you go if you decide to go that way
Old 02-02-12, 01:02 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Not that I would... But is there a way to install a nitrous system that when removed would leave no trace to cue in interested eyes?
Old 02-02-12, 01:03 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anajri
dv8
good luck with youre car i just installed the headers, PTS, joe z intake and toms filter. and just received the nos system, to start installing. after installation going to the dyno to see if everything is ok. ill post up the number. like you I want to see and get the best numbers ion the track.

i tried the search but could not find enything what are the best tires for this set up to the drag strip.

mitch can you repost youre tire set up?

regards
Alfredo
2011 IS-F joez intake , headers, pts, toms filter , nx (installing)
I never ran nitrous on the track only less than 2 bottles worth on the street testing and playing around. I have 285 nitto invos and 245's on the front (nitto as well) I believe if you search safe cell my thread will come up and you can see the install and vids possibly.
Old 02-02-12, 01:03 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
Not that I would... But is there a way to install a nitrous system that when removed would leave no trace to cue in interested eyes?
yes this system left 0 traces after removed from my car. No way someone could tell me I had nx.
Old 02-02-12, 01:06 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
I bought the NX kit from Mitch08ISF back in September. I just got around to install it recently.
I'd like to thank Mitch for all his help, great guy.

I installed it and was very **** about its installation. Its currently setup the same way Mitch ran it, for the exception of a few minor things. The biggest being that I'm running on E85 in the SAFE cell instead of race gas. I have jetted it for such.
I've only used it a little since its install because I'm waiting on a bottle heater, since I can't get it higher than 700psi bottle pressure in this weather. I've got several years experience with nitrous so , this is no new venture except all the new age electronics. It fees smooth and linear. If you don't have a good half mile of fairly straight road, forget about squeezing.
I'm planning on hitting the track this weekend with my race car, I think I'll bring the ISF too. I don't expect to run faster than a high 11 as it stands now, until I get the appropriate tires and more familiar with the system, but it will be fun regardless.

Thanks again, Mitch.

~Dv8
No problem bro! I was happy to see it passed to another isf owner. All my R&D and install work put to good use. I do know at the track I only turn off the 1st stage of traction control to allow it to slip off the line then stick the rest of the way once out of 1st gear. Thats how I did it when I was na and ran it at tx2k11. with vsc and trac off the car spun in every gear with street tires, useless!
Old 02-02-12, 02:10 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice setup! I remember you on legend forums, still got the yellow legend?
Old 02-02-12, 02:33 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Very nice setup, hope you enjoy it. What type of Race Car do you run?
Old 02-02-12, 04:22 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KA8
Nice setup! I remember you on legend forums, still got the yellow legend?
I sure do. Drag racing on Saturday.

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Very nice setup, hope you enjoy it. What type of Race Car do you run?
I thought no one would ever ask....

725HP Acura Legend

~Dv8

Quick Reply: Stealth Nitrous for Dv8